Customization Speculation Thread

Jedi

This thread is to speculate about the various possible alterations to our favorite moves.

We know all of Mario's currently, one of Kirbies (Ice Breath neutral B) a few on other characters by name and one of Links

Not to mention all of Palutenas and Miis variety.

So what do you think we'll see and what do you WANT to see

I dunno, I wonder what will Rosalina's and Little Mac's customized attacks will be. Perhaps they'll play with range, power and other stuff, also Samus's might be interesting considering she's a master at projectiles and ranged combat.

I dunno, I wonder what will Rosalina's and Little Mac's customized attacks will be. Perhaps they'll play with range, power and other stuff, also Samus's might be interesting considering she's a master at projectiles and ranged combat.

Little Mac may have alterations that go faster but lack the super armor etc.

Rosie I have no idea haha, Samus could have some Ice Missiles or Power Bombs. That's what I'm thinking anyways

Question is, for online matches chars will keep their default smashes right? Or will they allow customizables?

Online with friends allows them and online not with friends don't. Iirc

Luigi will probably have similar customizations to his bro. Except the explosive punch will be something else because Luigi's default punch is already Fire Jump Punch. :P

Ike, I'm HOPING, but not 100% predicting, that he'll get a blue colored variation of Eruption. And maybe some variation of Aether that emits that friggin Ragnell shockwave. xP

I can't really say anything for anyone else.

Luigi will probably have similar customizations to his bro. Except the explosive punch will be something else because Luigi's default punch is already Fire Jump Punch. :P

Ike, I'm HOPING, but not 100% predicting, that he'll get a blue colored variation of Eruption. And maybe some variation of Aether that emits that friggin Ragnell shockwave. xP

I can't really say anything for anyone else.

Luigi may have some wild ones I'd even consider an electric style projectial inspired by Mario and Luigi for a fireball alt.

Ike we shall see, I'm more curious with what they do with Aether and Quickdraw

Oh yeah, that would be cool. :o

I did hear that Luigi in the Mario & Luigi series did get electrical powers in one of the games. I think it was Superstar Saga. I believe that ability was called Thunderhand? I wasn't really that into this series, though I liked it more than the SNES Super Mario RPG. So yeah, that ability on Luigi in Smash would be sweet!

Oh yeah, that would be cool. :o

I did hear that Luigi in the Mario & Luigi series did get electrical powers in one of the games. I think it was Superstar Saga. I believe that ability was called Thunderhand? I wasn't really that into this series, though I liked it more than the SNES Super Mario RPG. So yeah, that ability on Luigi in Smash would be sweet!

Thunderhand was the name yes and it was quite awesome. I generally love all the Mario RPGs myself.

Oh yeah, and speaking of Luigi's abilities, why did Mario get the Super Jump when that was actually LUIGI'S ability in Super Paper Mario? Makes no sense to me. :/

Oh yeah, and speaking of Luigi's abilities, why did Mario get the Super Jump when that was actually LUIGI'S ability in Super Paper Mario? Makes no sense to me. :/

-Shrugs- not sure I'm not Sakurai haha, Luigi still has the better jumps though so there is still that.

Mario does have abilities in Mario RPG that are like Super, Ultra etc jump

Oh yeah, Mario did have those in the SNES game, you're right. I totally forgot about that. xP

Well Luigi better get the Super Jump too because of Super Paper Mario! :P He went so high that he went off the screen! lol

Oh yeah, Mario did have those in the SNES game, you're right. I totally forgot about that. xP

Well Luigi better get the Super Jump too because of Super Paper Mario! :P He went so high that he went off the screen! lol

Plus you could Shoryuken stuff with that xD.

Also I'm curious to Marth and Ikes counter variations. Timing? Different kind of counter? No clue

I'm hoping for Fire and Ice Arrows for Tlink, maybe Fire would be faster but less damaging and Ice would be slower but freeze the opponent if it catches them. I'm also hoping for a Project M-like Aerial upb for toon link, in which it's just 1 hit that kills and not multihit in the air. I think we saw Marth doing a dash shield breaker in the vid where Sakurai revealed Pac-Man and Mario's customization.

I'm hoping for Fire and Ice Arrows for Tlink, maybe Fire would be faster but less damaging and Ice would be slower but freeze the opponent if it catches them. I'm also hoping for a Project M-like Aerial upb for toon link, in which it's just 1 hit that kills and not multihit in the air. I think we saw Marth doing a dash shield breaker in the vid where Sakurai revealed Pac-Man and Mario's customization.

I think Tink will get those. I'm hoping for Bomb arrows for my Link

And yes Marths one confirmed alteration is a dashing shield breaker

Edited by Jedisupersonic

Fire and Ice arrows for Toon Link, yeeeesssss.

I like that idea.

As for Luigi, I agree with Ana's thoughts.

It makes sense to me to give Tlink fire and ice arrows because they were actually not optional in Wind waker and they're used quite a bit. It would be great to have them. Imagine Toon Link with the WW Light Arrows. It would be gg

Yeah, and they were awesome as hell. I never got tired of roasting enemies with the fire arrows or freezing enemies with the ice arrows, then crushing them with the skull hammer.

Light arrows too OP plz nerf

I'm so tempted to go back to playing Wind Waker HD on my Hero Mode file right now. Thanks guys lol

Also I'm thinking hurricane spin for Tink kinda like how Project M did it

I'm so tempted to go back to playing Wind Waker HD on my Hero Mode file right now. Thanks guys lol

Heeey, I got WWHD with MK8's purchase. I'm doing NM right now :awesome:

Maybe for Peach's down special, she could pull multiple turnips, but have them weaker. And the other option that it takes longer to pull them out, but they're super strong (or just pull out items constantly; beam sword, bomb-omb)

Idk what they'll do for Zero Suit, but I hope it has something to do with her jump.

In one of her pictures...

[spoiler=zero suit]screen-6.jpg

It looks like Zero Suit isn't jumping, but hovering. Hopefully one of Up Specials will be hovering with the Jet Boots, instead of just kicking straight up.

Win Waker HD has Hero Mode? Dammit, me want.