Custom world map & indexed palette wtfery

Agro

(Reposted from FEU)

Hello to all; to all hello. I've got a problem with inserting my custom world map.

I have the dimensions all correct, and the graphics are inserted almost without hitch, but there's one small problem...

sigh1_zps0de8d291.png

As you can see, each segment appears to have their palettes in the wrong order, with the exception of the first image, which you can just make out in the top left corner. They should be using the same palette. But if you look in Usenti...

sigh2_zps49c82d86.png

They appear to have the same palette? I did this by making 12 copies of the original image, and then cropping them into the 12 segments. I thought that this would keep the palettes correct, but apparently I was wrong? Is anyone able to tell me what might have gone wrong, or how they fixed this issue?

EDIT: Fixed it! You can remedy this by exporting the 1 working image in GBAGE, then using Usenti C+P the other segments into it individually. This ensures that the palette is properly indexed and GBAGE won't screw with it. As it happens, Usenti was not the one at fault here--GBAGE was.

Edited by Agro

There shouldn't be any need to change the TSA given that all four palettes are exactly the same and no tiles need to be flipped, but I'll see what playing around with that does.

(just tried it and nothing seems to have changed, so I'm dropping that one for now)

Edited by Agro