Fire Emblem: Binding Blade and Demon Dragon

Haku

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been away for a little while, but I'll try to answer all the suggestions/questions you guys have :)

[spoiler=Replies]

Sophia and Echidna will stay their original classes. Siuloir explains my reasoning for this.

I plan on having more than one dragonstone available for Fae, so you can't overuse her, but she can be used more liberally.

I'm diversifying the class tree for both playable characters and enemies. I plan on adding some of the FE8 classes, Dei's halberdier animation, and I may expand the manakete class tree. So you may see enemy divine dragons (although Fae is the last of her kind I might change this :P), fire dragons, and ice dragons.

The only character I've reclassed so far is Saul, but I don't see the point in reclassing any others at the moment.

I'm expanding the weapon array too, so I'll take your idea into account, thanks Deino.

Idoun will be given bonuses with her dragonstone (I'll probably change it to a Darkstone or something), and no weapons will be effective against her. She'll also get 120HP, so she can't be ORKOd.

[spoiler=Progress Report]

I've finished writing the event scripts for chapter 1-8x, I just need to insert them now, and get the dialogue done. I estimate that I can release a public patch in early september so I'll put this for now:

September 1st 2014

Chapter 1-8x (Roy's route)

Edited by Haku

Why are there enemy divine dragons? None of them supported the Scouring and they fled through the Dragon's Gate.

Who says they're actual dragons? They could be War Dragons produced by Idoun.

I think making Idoun have stone is good diea as it offers expanded animation where instead of staying a dragon, she transform like Fae, but perhaps instead of Dark Stone... Name it Divine Stone, but make it black color.

She's still a divine dragon regardless of how she turned. But whatever floats your boat.

I think making Idoun have stone is good diea as it offers expanded animation where instead of staying a dragon, she transform like Fae, but perhaps instead of Dark Stone... Name it Divine Stone, but make it black color.

Seconding this because of how epic it would make her entry animation with Shaman as her field sprite. You could do something similar with Yahn having the ordinary Manakete sprite but being the Fire Dragon in-battle.

Edited by X-Naut

Seconding this because of how epic it would make her entry animation with Shaman as her field sprite. You could do something similar with Yahn having the ordinary Manakete sprite but being the Fire Dragon in-battle.

I don't understand what you mean about Yahn, you don't want him to have a transform animation?

I don't understand what you mean about Yahn, you don't want him to have a transform animation?

I think he means that Yahn should have the same animation as the Fire Dragons in the end of Blazing Sword.

Since Yahn's an actual Manakete, and the "War Dragon" Manaketes like Ain are artificial, it doesn't make sense that they'd have to share the same animation when the Fire Dragons in 7 were also real Manaketes.

Edited by Rokklaggio

This is a ways off, but can I recommend diversifying the unit types of dragons? Make some have double range, make some deal magic damage, etc? Maybe at Dracozombies. The last chapter's pretty plain in game

I don't think porting other manakete tribes into Elibe would make much sense but it could had a lot more variety, has a suggestion why not make the final level start at a corridor or a castle like maze akin to some levels of the Tower of valnii in Fe8(even if the level are basically levels from other games) and only later you are able to engage in fight with Idoun.

Fair warning: from what i understand, in battle fransformation is broken in fe7, and really hard to fix, so you might have to have dragons start battles as their transformed forms instead of transforming on screen. (zephiel's sprite is apparently also broken, but an easy fix exists here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=47197 ). Also, what about going the fe1/3/12 path and giving fa inferior dragonstones for usage saving purposes?

Edited by sirmola

This is a ways off, but can I recommend diversifying the unit types of dragons? Make some have double range, make some deal magic damage, etc? Maybe at Dracozombies. The last chapter's pretty plain in game

Fire Dragons will definitely get 2 range. I doubt I'll add dracozombies as they're not native to elibe. But the last chapter's definitely getting a revamp :)

Fair warning: from what i understand, in battle fransformation is broken in fe7, and really hard to fix, so you might have to have dragons start battles as their transformed forms instead of transforming on screen. (zephiel's sprite is apparently also broken, but an easy fix exists here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=47197 ). Also, what about going the fe1/3/12 path and giving fa inferior dragonstones for usage saving purposes?

I'm well aware of this already, it's not to do with the battle transformation being broken, its the fact that nobody's found out how to have multiple animations for a single unit work in one battle/load at different times(e.g before the attacker). I technically could have the transformation animation, but it would mean the manaketes wouldn't transform when being attacked. I'll probably just imitate what another project's done which I'm not saying any more about because its not public. If I upgrade this project to FEXNA though I should be able to fix this problem.

Edited by Haku

If it is a good game, it needs the remake less, ya?

Not really true. Good games would have higher priority since more people enjoyed then so it's a return and a fresh start as opposed to fixing a broken game. The thing with FE5 also was that its translation was really weird as far as in game text mostly the stat screen info was fucked which took away from the experience so thats no problem to fix and you can improve upon other more pressing things like the fatigue system and a unit minimum as well as a maximum and other such things

Also there are like a bajillion fe6 remakes in the work so it doesn't really pay to make another.

Sorry Haku

Remake a good game like FE5

Not really true. Good games would have higher priority since more people enjoyed then so it's a return and a fresh start as opposed to fixing a broken game. The thing with FE5 also was that its translation was really weird as far as in game text mostly the stat screen info was fucked which took away from the experience so thats no problem to fix and you can improve upon other more pressing things like the fatigue system and a unit minimum as well as a maximum and other such things

Also there are like a bajillion fe6 remakes in the work so it doesn't really pay to make another.

Sorry Haku

How about you let people do what projects they want? Coming into someone's project thread and telling them to do something else is pretty trashy. Even trashier when you apologize when you're not actually sorry for what you said.

Also, if you're calling FE6 a 'broken game' and not FE5, you clearly played some transdimensional Lovecraftian copy of FE5 the rest of the world doesn't have access to. FE5 is the most mechanically buggered, poorly balanced entry in the series. The things that make it worth playing are pretty divorced from mechanics.

Edited by Siuloir

FE5 is the most mechanically buggered, poorly balanced entry in the series. The things that make it worth playing are pretty divorced from mechanics.

speak for yourself i loved fe5's mechanics

speak for yourself i loved fe5's mechanics

I like fatigue a lot as a concept.

And capture.

But stuff like critical coefficient and global staves with permanent duration, as well as a lot of the general set ups of FE5 were abominable.