Lucina and Robin CONFIRMED!

Torva

Actually, now that I see it again, Lucina's n-air looks slightly different than Marth's. It looks like she gets in a third slash rather than just two. Forgot about up-air though.

Look at Marth's again.

The second slash always goes around. That's not a third slash.

Even her idle freaking animation is Marth's.

Edited by shadowofchaos

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at Marth's again.

The second slash always goes around. That's not a third slash.

Even her idle freaking animation is Marth's.

I looked at it a few times over. It looks like a third slash to me.

I'm with Ana... it looks like Lucy hits left, then goes to the right for the spin. Samus clearly gets hit twice. Maybe I'm just fuzzy on Marth's nair?

Edited by Rollertoaster

Take a look, the hit slows it down. Look at the 3ds footage on youtube.

It's the second slash but it goes AROUND.

Hitbox might be different but it's two slashes.

Edited by shadowofchaos

You're joking, right? Right?

I'm dead serious.

Sword's Dance:

g87BcHT.gif1lOl5wT.gif

Not the same.

Upward Aerial:

vs3It9c.gif

Dolphin Slash:

hIFb8Pz.gif

These two are the only skills that hold the similarity to Marth, but that's only because they're both fucking slender and it's pretty hard to have a different up attack recovery move, what do you expect? Lucina to do Ike's ridiculous suicide jump to fall down to her death because that's not her forte.

I means sure you could have the charge slash that we saw in chapter 4 Arena Ferox's cinematic with her vs Chrom but that'd be more suited to dash+b

Neutral Aerial:

muNT18r.gif

Not even remotely the same. No matter how many time I see this, I see it as different from Marth's dual strike.

The small property differences you're looking at is akin to Marth and Roy in Melee.

Now, are you going to say that Roy isn't a clone?

They're clone.

Lucina and Marth are not.

Beside look at Falco and Fox, they're the same and no one complained.

Not even remotely the same. No matter how many time I see this, I see it as different from Marth's dual strike.

Well you see it as different, and it may arguably be different such as hitbox properties... but damn you have too much faith in your character wants.

Beside look at Falco and Fox, they're the same and no one complained.

You're complaining. You're really hoping she's different from Marth despite similar special moves already.

And Sakurai's comment. Even if that is up to interpretation.

Whatever, I'll get to see it in September.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Well you see it as different, and it may arguably be different such as hitbox properties... but damn you have too much faith in your character wants.

Whatever, I'll get to see it in September.

Good idea, we'll get back at it in September.

I bet she'll share special moves with Marth, but have different attack properties and some different normals. Like the Ken to Marth's Ryu.

This is assuming people even care about moveset cloning at that point when people start finding out about secret characters.

Thinking back on it, I'm kinda all right with moveset cloning. Thinking back to Melee, Fox and Falco had the exact same moves, but they had different hitbox properties (Fox's d-air hit multiple times and Falco's only hit once, but it could have high downward knockback), or even Dr. Mario and Mario, where Mario's f-air counted as a meteor smash but Dr. Mario's usually sent others upward. I'll be all right about Lucina being a Marth clone. More than likely, some of her attacks will have differing hitbox properties or knockback potential.

Really, I don't get why it's such a big deal with the cloning.

That's pretty much what was expected, and it relieves the workload on the dev team.

What is getting me a little miffed is Fateborn going "HEY GUYS, WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF" expecting to people to agree just for the small hopes that she has a "unique" moveset.

i will transcribe my train of thought from the lucina reveal for this thread because y'all nerds need a reality check

'fuck yea lucina'

this is where it ended who gives a living shit if her moveset is cloned

EDIT: the game is literally action figures. literally. action figures.

Edited by Integrity

Really, I don't get why it's such a big deal with the cloning.

That's pretty much what was expected, and it relieves the workload on the dev team.

What is getting me a little miffed is Fateborn going "HEY GUYS, WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF" expecting to people to agree just for the small hopes that she has a "unique" moveset.

Not to mention I doubt you could make her moveset different from Marth's anyway. I mean, come on. Lucina and Marth had the exact same animation AND costumes for their classes in Awakening. I hardly see a reason as to how she could have her own movepool (custom movesets are only a fantasy at this point. If they haven't done it now, it won't ever reach the surface).

EDIT: Now that I think about it...whether or not custom movesets are a thing, they'd probably have the same options, anyhow, so it doesn't matter.

Edited by mercilesscharizard

Not to mention I doubt you could make her moveset different from Marth's anyway. I mean, come on. Lucina and Marth had the exact same animation AND costumes for their classes in Awakening. I hardly see a reason as to how she could have her own movepool (custom movesets are only a fantasy at this point. If they haven't done it now, it won't ever reach the surface).

Marth's moveset came from his own/SNES animations. Lucina has her own animations they can draw from. Marth existed before Awakening, lol.

You could easily give her a unique moveset, but it also made sense to clone her from Marth. Many people built custom movesets for her that show this. She could still end up with different custom specials, regardless of her defaults. But even if not, oh well?

Even if she has the same moves, if she's faster where Marth is more powerful, then it's not exactly the same thing

even if she's exactly the same thing down to hitboxes it's still cool because it's an action figures game with more action figures

Edited by Integrity

Even if she has the same moves, if she's faster where Marth is more powerful, then it's not exactly the same thing

But she has her own moves to draw from. There's no reason for her to be based entirely around Marth at all. Lucy is her own character, she should have gotten her own moves.

I would understand if she got a few moves from Marth since she was basically advertised as Rule 63 Marth but even down to the stance/idle animation? Lucina has her own stance.

Not the same.

You know that move changes based on what direction you hold for each consecutive hit, right?

Nobody's mentioned Counter yet, but I'm 99% sure Lucina used it in the trailer (right after Marth and Ike appeared) and her stance looks exactly like Marth's.

Nobody's mentioned Counter yet, but I'm 99% sure Lucina used it in the trailer (right after Marth and Ike appeared) and her stance looks exactly like Marth's.

I think it was brought up in the Smash thread. I'm still surprised they couldn't even be bothered to give her own stance to her.

Yeah, Lucina is definitely a Marth clone, which everyone expected from the get go. If it were Lyn or Eirika, they'd probably be Marth clones too.

I also noticed that Lucina even shares one of Marth's idle animations (putting hand on chest and sighing)