Anybody know of another bubble script maker or quick bubble-making method?

Anacybele

I always used Fire Emblem Planet's bubble script maker to do my FE GBA-styled dialogue bubbles in my sprite comics, but for some reason it isn't working anymore. Nothing happens when I click the make bubble button after entering the information. It just makes the info boxes go blank.

And I'm sure anyone can agree that grabbing an existing bubble, making it blank, and pasting all the letters in one by one can take an insane amount of time. And I'd rather not spend my life making dialogue bubbles. xP

I would ask about this on FEPlanet's forum, but I can't access my account anymore. I forgot my password and I apparently used a different email address than the one I have now. I don't know what that address was, nor is it active anymore since I only have one email now, so yeah. I can't reset my password.

So does anyone know of another script maker or quick method of doing dialogue bubbles?

Edited by Anacybele

You could try hacking it yourself.

In all honesty, though, it's really not very difficult to text edit, and the formatting would be entirely authentic, to boot. Just download FEditor, go to Lyn's Prologue dialogue boxes, fill in text with what you want (with the proper text codes/formatting), save, launch the game, turn off the layers you don't need, and rip the text bubbles.

Edited by Aeothos

Can't you just create a new account?

That's probably against the rules. It usually is on forums.

You could try hacking it yourself.

In all honesty, though, it's really not very difficult to text edit, and the formatting would be entirely authentic, to boot. Just download FEditor, go to Lyn's Prologue dialogue boxes, fill in text with what you want (with the proper text codes/formatting), save, launch the game, turn off the layers you don't need, and rip the text bubbles.

I would try this, but that sounds like I can only use a dialogue bubble of one or two sizes. FEPlanet's bubble maker lets you make a bubble of practically any size, which is handy for some of my longer dialogue lines. I do split dialogue lines on occasion, but I generally avoid it for the most part so it doesn't look like the character suddenly paused for no reason.

If there's a way to do any size bubble that'll fit in the screen in FEditor, I'm all for it.

It's all spacing. In-game, the bubble will only hold 2 vertical lines of text at a time, but you can make it stretch out to fill the screen as far horizontally as you want.

Otherwise there's the obsolesced/unsupported FEXP, but I don't know anything about that.

It's all spacing. In-game, the bubble will only hold 2 vertical lines of text at a time, but you can make it stretch out to fill the screen as far horizontally as you want.

Otherwise there's the obsolesced/unsupported FEXP, but I don't know anything about that.

So you can't have a bubble with three lines of text? FEPlanet's tool let you do that...

That's probably against the rules. It usually is on forums.

Most forums (I say this as a moderator on another board) would allow you to re-register for the sake of contacting the admins so they can reset your previous account so you can access it once more.

True, I suppose I could try that.

I would also decide to make my own bubbles using Photoshop tools, but then they'd be of a new style, and it'd be weird to suddenly switch from the one I've been using for the last almost 40 comics.

At some point Yeti, when he releases FEXNA, will have a text bubble preview in the text editor which would be way faster than hacking it in. That's still, you know, not out yet, but if you were willing to wait it'll be out eventually.

Oh, interesting. I think I can wait, that'll be fine. I'm also considering posting my comic series here finally, even though not every comic is meant to be funny. :P