The One Piece manga won't end until 2024.

IceBrand

One PIece has only been going on for... 17 years now.

I've read mangas that has gone on for 30-40 years, so I don't see why you complain that One Piece is too long.

Hajime No Ippo is a Boxing manga... that's gone on for 24 years. The JoJo series has went on for 27 years. I know of one COOKING Manga that's gone on for nearly 30 years and is STILL going, and of course... there's Golgo 13... which is an assassin manga that has been around since 1973, making it 41 years old as of today.

comic series end, though, and new, different stories begin. mangas aren't like that at all, if i recall.

although, i should add i don't typically read comics either, unless they're famous for their being different or something that sets them apart from the rest of the comics (like superman red sun).

i mean, imagine the simpsons running until you retire. it is just fucking bonkers for it to be running that long imo. or kingdom hearts going for 40 more years worth of story. i would really more prefer it for a creator to leave that comfort zone that he/she has now created for himself/herself. that, and i'd also want the story to fucking end.

edit: and i mean, i don't wanna stop a writer from being happy, i'm just expressing that i don't like it when stories go on forever.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

comic series end, though, and new, different stories begin. mangas aren't like that at all, if i recall.

although, i should add i don't typically read comics either, unless they're famous for their being different or something that sets them apart from the rest of the comics (like superman red sun).

i mean, imagine the simpsons running until you retire. it is just fucking bonkers for it to be running that long imo. or kingdom hearts going for 40 more years worth of story. i would really more prefer it for a creator to leave that comfort zone that he/she has now created for himself/herself. that, and i'd also want the story to fucking end.

edit: and i mean, i don't wanna stop a writer from being happy, i'm just expressing that i don't like it when stories go on forever.

yeah i like spiderman reboot twenty seven

My friend who is really into it said that I should watch the anime until episodes 300s because that's when it started to get good and I was just left wondering why I would even have to watch the first 300 episodes of anything for anything to finally get good. So strange.

Although from what he's been telling me it's kind of a shame Luffy is even the main character considering his motive to be a pirate is basically all there is to him. so odd

yeah i like spiderman reboot twenty seven

not trying to defend comic books, just trying to say they're slightly different. comic books really are the biggest offenders.

and i mean, fuck my opinion. people are going to give their fans what they want.

Some people also have grander ideas.

Can you really fault an author if he planned to make a series that would last twenty-five years and he actually pulled it off? I know if I were said author, I'd be beyond happy.

If anything, I'd tip my hat to said author if he manages to keep people reading for so long.

Whatever. People can complain about it, but I'm gonna keep enjoying it.

If I was Oda, I wouldn't give a shit about what the fans think. It's his my story and he can make it as long as he goddamn wants.

Why do you think he made such a vast world for it? After 37 years, they are making new Star Wars movies, mainly because there is so much stuff that can happen. It's basically the same thing with One Piece.

Anything can happen in One Piece.

If I was Oda, I wouldn't give a shit about what the fans think. It's his my story and he can make it as long as he goddamn wants.

Why do you think he made such a vast world for it? After 37 years, they are making new Star Wars movies, mainly because there is so much stuff that can happen. It's basically the same thing with One Piece.

MAN'S DREAM WILL NEVER DIE

That's a pretty rotten attitude for someone who is creating a product intended to be purchased and enjoyed by a particular audience.

The reason Star Wars is still going on is because it's more or less guaranteed to bring in money.

That's a pretty rotten attitude for someone who is creating a product intended to be purchased and enjoyed by a particular audience.

I disagree. Tailoring a story specifically to fit some real world purpose tends to cheapen it - which is exactly the problem with so many sequels. It isn't about the story; the story is just the means to an end that doesn't even exist within the story...

The reason Star Wars is still going on is because it's more or less guaranteed to bring in money.

and I believe this to be true, so, when you put that with what I said above, I don't plan on seeing any new Star Wars stuff.

and I believe this to be true, so, when you put that with what I said above, I don't plan on seeing any new Star Wars stuff.

But when you look at Star Wars fans' complaints about the prequel trilogy, it seems like Lucas didn't do a good job of tailoring the story for his audience. Then again, all three films did well financially, though it looks like the earnings declined successively with each new release.

Yeah fuck fans!! One piece confirmed to have dlc and microtransactions

But to watch all the Star Wars movies would be a fraction of the time to read all the One Piece manga, plus you can be satisfied that the end of each trilogy is the end to a complete story. (or at least you can be satisfied with one trilogy)

Personally I wouldn't mind continuing One Piece so much if they had a clear and concise ending for Luffy's story and have a new story set in the same universe but with new characters. Then you can be completely satisfied with one section of such a gargantuan story and new readers can pick up on the new story while old readers can choose to stay or go.

Edited by Knight