Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn HD Wii U Bundle: Good idea?

Anacybele

PoR/RD Bundle?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go for a PoR/RD HD Wii U Bundle?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe/Depends

Ana, if an argument is brought up regarding Tellius fanservice multiple times to the point of meaninglessness, it usually means it's a good one.

Besides, FE13 already did a check for people interested in Tellius fanservice in the form of Priam and the taguel. As seen by http://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/kakusei_bk/kekka/index.html, out of a poll of 26 males, Priam placed 13th, behind even Gregor at 11th; while on the same poll, Yarne placed 25th, only in front of Yen'fay, who of course is technically an NPC, while Panne placed 22 in a group of 25. (Interestingly, Frederick placed 14th of the males, with MaMorgan right behind him)

Sales matter, and so do J-fandom consensus.

Lol, Japan.

They think PoR and RD are games for fujoshi :/

And yes, they'd both need a lot of new models and artwork... in the end, I don't think IS would make this bundle because Japan doesn't care enough for Tellius.

But if the West starts caring about FE even more, I'd love Virtual Console releases for the GBA FEs and this HD Tellius bundle. I love Tellius too much no not want HD graphics and better models... ;; but at this point, I guess a new FE game is much more likely.

And just because Japan doesn't like Ike doesn't mean this can't happen. Nintendo has been known to cater more to the west before (Little Mac in Smash, anyone?).

Not to mention that I've actually seen Priam requested for Smash. :P

Zelda: The Wind Waker HD didn't seem to take long to make and it came from a GC title. So it shouldn't be real costly to make PoR and RD into HD either.

I agree that a brand new FE or remakes of FE4 and FE5 are more likely right now. But I still think this could happen in the future regardless. Sales do not matter as much as people think. A lot of factors can affect how much a game sells. Just because a game doesn't sell well doesn't mean it wasn't popular with those who played it and just because a game DOES sell well doesn't mean everyone that bought it loved it.

Take Wii Sports, the best selling Wii title. It's far from being the best game on the console. It only sold well because it was freaking bundled with the console. Marketing also affects a game's sales. The more people that know about it, the more people will gain interest and buy it. Awakening had a bundle and far better marketing than any of the other FE games in the series. And look where that got it. Of course it was going to sell better than any other game in the series.

Edited by Anacybele

And it's impossible to tweak the PoR and RD models some to be pretty HD? I don't think so. xP In fact, I think Nintendo has reused old models before.

Posted · Hidden by Florete, July 23, 2014 - Spam
Hidden by Florete, July 23, 2014 - Spam

Hey, what was my comment? Chopped liver?!

Meh, I don't think a HD remaster would really benefit the games much.

(Or am I misunderstanding? HD remakes don't generally fix models do they? I thought they just upped texture quality and res and that kind of thing)

I admit, I've never really appreciated HD remasters, but I can see why people like them. (I just think PoR's battle animations are uuuugggg)

Edited by L95

Hey, what was my comment? Chopped liver?!

My argument about sales was in response to your comment. Besides, it's not like I absolutely HAD to reply to you. Nobody can force anybody to reply to something.

A bundle of FE9 and 10 would be a nice thing for people, who couldn't enjoy these parts for GC and Wii. Though I doubt that the demand will be huge.

I wouldn't buy it, because I don't own a Wii U and there's no reason to buy it except for SSB4. I'm absolute happy that I own the original copies. However I wished "maniac mode" would be added in FE9 version for EU, because it's too easy for me honestly.

If Nintendo really would intend to bring out a remastered version, "maniac mode" in FE9 and the expanded script in FE10 have to be added.

Edited by TalesOf Hysteria

Fire Emblem Tellius competes with other places in the fandom, not to mention having one of the most horrendous sales records in the history of the series.

People always say this, but how true is it really? Last I checked, I recall seeing their sales numbers were about average. Of course, I don't remember where I saw it, so it might not have been reliable, but it would be nice to get some concrete numbers in here to support these statements since it seems like most people have just gotten on the bandwagon.

Anyway, while I would get such a bundle despite still owning the games myself, I'm extremely doubtful it would happen, at least now. If we're lucky, I could see it happening down the road somehow.

Are you sure? I've heard mixed things about emulating and legality even if you do own the game.

If you live in the US it's OK to emulate a game if you own a physical copy. I emulate old games anyway because the company that made the game isn't selling it anymore, and thus isn't losing profit(but if it's on the Virtual Console or something,I'll probably just buy it).

If you live in Sweden(I think maybe Switzerland too), it's completely legal due to the influence of the Pirate Party.

A bundle of FE9 and 10 would be a nice thing for people, who couldn't enjoy these parts for GC and Wii. Though I doubt that the demand will be huge.

I wouldn't buy it, because I don't own a Wii U and there's no reason to buy it except for SSB4.

People didn't think the demand for Awakening would be huge either. Hell, Nintendo themselves didn't even think that. And look where that led it after all the marketing and stuff. :P

There are other reasons to get a Wii U. Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros. U/New Super Luigi U, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8, etc. Though I guess if you're not into Mario, there isn't much reason right now...

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, I hope we never get Tellius remakes, at least until the series gets even more steam.

I mean, Tellius rereleases could take the series right back into the "nigh unprofitable" zone, which is exactly what Path of Radiance did.

And I love both games, so there's no bias.

Besides, FE13 already did a check for people interested in Tellius fanservice in the form of Priam and the taguel. As seen by http://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/kakusei_bk/kekka/index.html, out of a poll of 26 males, Priam placed 13th, behind even Gregor at 11th; while on the same poll, Yarne placed 25th, only in front of Yen'fay, who of course is technically an NPC, while Panne placed 22 in a group of 25. (Interestingly, Frederick placed 14th of the males, with MaMorgan right behind him)

Considering how little the taguel characters and Priam actually matter in the course of FE13, I'm not sure they count for very much as far as Tellius fanservice goes. I mean, I really like both Ike and the laguz (with the exception of Lyre and Kyza), but I didn't even bother to complete Priam's paralogue and I couldn't give two shits about Panne or Yarne. Obviously it's anecdotal, but it's hard for me to imagine someone getting really psyched about Priam's almost nonexistent presence in FE13 just because he's descended from Ike. Hell, I'm disappointed because it indicates Ike isn't gay ;)

That being said, I'm completely uninterested in a FE9 and 10 re-release on the Wii U since I already have access to them, and from my perspective I suppose it'd be better if IS worked on other stuff.

Edited by SeverIan

• 1 year later...

You know, I kinda find it funny how possibly the two best games of the series(well, in my opinion anyway) got the worst marketing. The poor things...

Anywho, I'm all for PoR and RD getting the HD treatment! More so RD because we may get actual supports(obviously). Maniac mode for PoR would be nice too! Although, IS may need to wait a little longer for it. Make sure they have the money for it and the such.

IS could try to gauge the demand and I'm sure a lot would be there! Maybe not for the Wii U, bit just in general! ;3

An FE game being released on the Wii U is probably the only thing that would make me buy one. RD being my first favorite in the series and PoR being my second, I would be willing to drop a couple hundred for both the console and game.

An HD remaster would be heavenly. A remake could go either way for me. As long as they didn't screw it up by trying to add modern mechanics like the pair up system (which I have no problem with, but would prefer it stay in new releases) or grinding.

Also higher difficulties for PoR would be nice, that shit is laughably easy.

An FE game being released on the Wii U is probably the only thing that would make me buy one. RD being my first favorite in the series and PoR being my second, I would be willing to drop a couple hundred for both the console and game.

An HD remaster would be heavenly. A remake could go either way for me. As long as they didn't screw it up by trying to add modern mechanics like the pair up system (which I have no problem with, but would prefer it stay in new releases) or grinding.

Also higher difficulties for PoR would be nice, that shit is laughably easy.

I wouldn't want IS to Awakenize any possible remake of previous games(even if Fates did improve on a good amount of things). Just give it the HD treatment, keep it's mechanics(and the beautiful critical animations), maybe add some more extra content(or in RD's case, actual Supports), release it, and then the money for IS rolls in! ;3

Having been hooked since FE7, I've preordered every game since, so I have both games already. However, the tiniest change in graphics or gameplay would get me to preorder this too. I'm a sucker for FE, I'd buy an FE toaster if the art was nice.

I would lose my shit, in a good way, if this remake resulted in support convos for RD. I may be all alone on this one, but I would also love for BEXP to revert back to the PoR system. I was never a big fan of how every character can just hit all their caps so easily. Not that the problem would be solved entirely, but it would be nice, for me anyways.