How concerned should I be with my Funds rating? (HHM)

Meteor

I decided against buying anything (for the money) on the Pirate Ship, and now I'm starting to regret it. I'm using the Heavy Spear and Axereaver as standard weapons and I don't know how much longer I can ration my few remaining uses. Would selling a Red Gem be okay if I need the money for the next shop?

If you're planning on obtaining the Silver Card, selling the Red Gem wouldn't be a bad idea.

I'd advise against using the Heavy Spear and Axereaver though, since they are worth quite a bit, but have such low uses (and hence have a high cost per use ratio). Instead, it might be worth stocking up on Iron weapons, which have a lower cost per use ratio (and more uses).

What I meant is that most of my Iron weapons are below 10 uses, so I attacks with the expensive weapons (when they can OHKO) to conserve the few remaining uses on my Irons.

I'm on 19xx at the moment, and I made sure to steal the Silver Card. Since I would be purchasing at half price, won't my funds go up (negating what I lose from selling the Gem)?

Ah right, I see.

I'm on 19xx at the moment, and I made sure to steal the Silver Card. Since I would be purchasing at half price, won't my funds go up (negating what I lose from selling the Gem)?

Yeah, that's true ^^

Well if your playing emulators then you shouldn't have any problems at all. Arena abuse is much easier due to the fact that you can saved states. Its not that hard to get characters to 20/20 without arena abusing, cause of the amount of enemies that come at you.

If anything, its better to stock up AT the pirate ship or Lady of Caelin and not buy anything till Four Fanged Offense, that way it gets you through a few of the harder chapters before things get much tougher. With the silver card, sell any gem you get as it gets made up later when buying things.

Don't fret if you delete your file. I have on a few occasions. I deleted it once because of my crappy stats Eliwood had and that when Dart died 99% through a level, I went on anyways, only later to realize I needed him for Geitz.

Yes, I have "evolved" past using cartridges. However, I don't use save states and generally turn turbo off, so it's like the real game.

You can always soft reset and get a new enemy in the real game. :x

If you're worried about your funds rank why are you considering the arena at all, since that costs you tactics? (which is even harder than funds)

Anyway, if possible, avoid buying things without Silver Card, though usually I spend the 5000G from 13x entirely on new iron weapons in False Friends and Noble Lady.

Okay, that's great to know. I didn't buy a single thing there or the ship, but I think I'll make it through.

No, I wasn't even considering the Arena. I don't use it in an unranked HHM run, much less one I care about.

• 3 weeks later...
Isn't arena abuse, like, impossible in HHM?

Just need patience and luck.

I get Raven and Guy to lv20 at Badon Port on HHM, assuming I always go for the cheapest battles.

Other units struggle though, usually because they are too slow (eg. Hector, Oswin, Canas) or have very little HP (eg. Florina, Rebecca, Canas)

That kills your rating...

Not too bothered about ratings right now, I just want a tight team to keep me going in tight spots. I like to promote units as soon as I'm able to, if it means arena abusing them, then so be it.

I'll go for ratings later, starting from the easiest modes upwards.