Hyrule Warriors

kingddd

Agitha is great so long as you don't use her YYX combo. YYYX and YYYYX have good range and keep her in the air so she's not exposed, and her weak point smash has huge range, as well as tending to leave the main target right in front of her for potentially getting right back into comboing.

I know there's also a way to get her to fly around, but I forgot how to do it and haven't been using so I'm not sure if that's any good or not.

Her YYX isn't that bad, you can cancel out of it and still summon the giant stag beetle the two skips are a pain though

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From me experience I would say Zant is the worst character as well. Many moves he has are just unsafe, even if you don't let the bar get full. The bar itself is my main problem with Zant though. Against crowds its a nice and fun option, but it makes fighting against officers an annoying chore. Neither the whirlwind or the energy barrage do enough damage to do much to officers and your already unsafe specials are limited if you need to get that stupid bar down all the time. The last thing I dislike about Zant is how his weakness smash often looks ineffective when I use it.

I thought Agitha was horrible at first, but I turned around a little. She attacks extremely slowly and she barely has any range on her normal attacks, but some of her specials are actually fairly effective. I especially like her last one if everyone is all lined up. Her weakness smash also has pretty good range. She still isn't anywhere near the best character, but I thought she was a lot more effective then Zant.

I'd also like to say that Ghirahim is a pretty great character. Not Link or Volga level, but enough to be very good. He gets good range on his normal combo's and his xxxxy attacks is awesome. Very good range and barely any lag on it, which is usually Ghirahim's biggest problem.

Shiek should be pretty high on the tier list. If you use her yx the water tornado move then use her x she get's a water shield and can't take any damage until you take enough hits. Plus with her yyyyyx the light magic move then follow up with a x you can fill her musou gauge.

Sheik should be pretty high on the tier list. If you use her yx the water tornado move then use her x she get's a water shield and can't take any damage until you take enough hits. Plus with her yyyyyx the light magic move then follow up with a x you can fill her musou gauge.

Not to mention her fire special will break Weak Points quite fast, and can combo with a special to give extra time for it to go off.

Soo... the HW site says the Twilight Princess pack is out now, but i don't see it in the shop; it's teasing me so badly! ^^;

Also, ZANT FREAKIN SUCKS

It's such a pain killing bosses with him, it takes so so long...T-T

Edited by John the Tactician

Soo... the HW site says the Twilight Princess pack is out now, but i don't see it in the shop; it's teasing me so badly! ^^;

Also, ZANT FREAKIN SUCKS

It's such a pain killing bosses with him, it takes so so long...T-T

I just booted it up and got nothing, (last time the patch was released around 3 p.m.) which would be a shame since I've done mostly everything with the characters I like, (still one more heart cotainer for Cia but that means A-ranking the kill 1,000 enemies mission)

I just booted it up and got nothing, (last time the patch was released around 3 p.m.) which would be a shame since I've done mostly everything with the characters I like, (still one more heart cotainer for Cia but that means A-ranking the kill 1,000 enemies mission)

Lame, hopefully it does come out today ^^;

Also, i started a new file of HW, and this time being really efficient with materials and rupee usage; i already got Link to level 25 in like 2 hours last night; i'm just gonna buy levels with other characters, and i went straight to adventure mode as soon as i unlocked the White Sword.

I feel like I'm at a part where most of the stuff left for me to do is really hard stuff.

In particular, I'm having major trouble getting Darunia's level 3 hammer. I've got a 4 star level 2 hammer and he's level 65, and I just can't seem to pull it off no matter what I try. Either I take too long, or the ally base falls because I didn't kill enough Moblins. What really makes it seem odd is that I got the level 3 weapons for Fi, Midna, and Ruto when they were some 10+ levels lower and those didn't even feel too hard. Anyone who's played/remember this map have any suggestions?

I feel like I'm at a part where most of the stuff left for me to do is really hard stuff.

In particular, I'm having major trouble getting Darunia's level 3 hammer. I've got a 4 star level 2 hammer and he's level 65, and I just can't seem to pull it off no matter what I try. Either I take too long, or the ally base falls because I didn't kill enough Moblins. What really makes it seem odd is that I got the level 3 weapons for Fi, Midna, and Ruto when they were some 10+ levels lower and those didn't even feel too hard. Anyone who's played/remember this map have any suggestions?

Assuming you don't do this already, I would advice you to avoid fighting Ganondorf. Just take out the guys around him and he will eventually get killed offscreen, while you are free to do other stuff.

This is in general a good strategy for dealing with officers who take long to kill, as long as they don't have any visible status boasts.

The TP patch doesn't come out today. It comes out at some point this month, but not today.

I'm still not seeing what people have against Zant. I've pretty much gotten his moveset down, and he can get all the major points down pretty quickly. He can beat Missions fairly quickly, he can get a ton of kills while doing so, and it's relatively easy to avoid damage while doing so, making it pretty easy to get an A rank with him. Typically, the only time he's open is if you miss with certain attacks, or his fatigue bar gets too high, and even then, the bar going too up is the player's fault, not the character.

His only major problem is bosses, and that's really it for Zant. I've still done find against bosses, however, so it's not even a big deal.

Edited by Nexas

Assuming you don't do this already, I would advice you to avoid fighting Ganondorf. Just take out the guys around him and he will eventually get killed offscreen, while you are free to do other stuff.

This is in general a good strategy for dealing with officers who take long to kill, as long as they don't have any visible status boasts.

Yeah, I'm already doing that.

I've tried taking multiple keeps as quickly as possible, but then they go down quickly because I didn't kill the moblins. If I kill moblins, enemy keeps continually spawn more enemies and I can't win in time. I guess if Darunia was a higher level, it would be that much easier, but I feel like he should already be overleveled.

The TP patch doesn't come out today. It comes out at some point this month, but not today.

I'm still not seeing what people have against Zant. I've pretty much gotten his moveset down, and he can get all the major points down pretty quickly. He can beat Missions fairly quickly, he can get a ton of kills while doing so, and it's relatively easy to avoid damage while doing so, making it pretty easy to get an A rank with him. Typically, the only time he's open is if you miss with certain attacks, or his fatigue bar gets too high, and even then, the bar going too up is the player's fault, not the character.

His only major problem is bosses, and that's really it for Zant. I've still done find against bosses, however, so it's not even a big deal.

So what's a good way to beat officers then? I just use his regular attacks and that seemed slow with Ghirahim

I've tried taking multiple keeps as quickly as possible, but then they go down quickly because I didn't kill the moblins. If I kill moblins, enemy keeps continually spawn more enemies and I can't win in time. I guess if Darunia was a higher level, it would be that much easier, but I feel like he should already be overleveled.

Use all your specials on Zelda and the moblins with her, and your magic bar if you have one since that's possibly the hardest bit. Darunia's C1 (standard charge attack) is really good for breaking officer weakpoint bars if you aren't already using it.

I can't remember any other specific advice, I think having the base at the bas at the bottom left, bottom right and sorceress keep should be enough to keep your base safe, even with the shield moblin that teleports to your base.

EDIT: I wouldn't care too much about the feeling overlevelled part since some I found a lot harder than others, Fi and Ghirahim's were surprisingly easy, Agitha and Zant were amongst the hardest to do.

Edited by Mikethfc

Still, it should be doable at lv 65. My Darunia is currently level 45 and while I remember that map to be pretty tight, I don't think I took too many tries. But then again, I was also trying the Summoning Gate lv3 at the time, so maybe that map just appears relatively cute to me by comparison.

Edit: Now that I checked, my lv2 4Star hammer that I probably used back then has the "Duel: Soldier" skill. So it's super effective against Moblins. This probably made a hell of a difference.

Edited by BrightBow

lame, i wanted it too. :/

Also, that's my main gripe with him is killing officers; he just takes WAY too long, even using WPSs...

As soon as you start book it to the West Garden and capture it. Then continue on capturing: East Garden, Northeast Keep, and Central Chamber last. Then go after Zelda and any others threatening your base. Once that's out of the way, boss time.

Use all your specials on Zelda and the moblins with her, and your magic bar if you have one since that's possibly the hardest bit. Darunia's C1 (standard charge attack) is really good for breaking officer weakpoint bars if you aren't already using it.

Tried this, definitely helped take out Zelda fast and Link faster, but I was still 2 minutes over by the end because none of the keeps could hold; I literally ended up taking all four important keeps twice. In particular, the south east keep spawned moblins while it was still under my control, something I didn't think was even possible (but is absolutely ridiculous), and that caused me to lose the base before I had the gates to Link open, so I had to capture it again.

I just don't understand why this one is so hard, yet I was able to just do Ganondorf's and Ghirahim's with them about 15 levels lower without too much trouble, and even got both hearts on the way during Ghirahim's. I think Zant's and Agitha's were also quite tough, though I haven't tried them nearly as much because they're not the ones who need to get a gold skulltula on the last stage of Legend mode.

Tried this, definitely helped take out Zelda fast and Link faster, but I was still 2 minutes over by the end because none of the keeps could hold; I literally ended up taking all four important keeps twice. In particular, the south east keep spawned moblins while it was still under my control, something I didn't think was even possible (but is absolutely ridiculous), and that caused me to lose the base before I had the gates to Link open, so I had to capture it again.

I just don't understand why this one is so hard, yet I was able to just do Ganondorf's and Ghirahim's with them about 15 levels lower without too much trouble, and even got both hearts on the way during Ghirahim's. I think Zant's and Agitha's were also quite tough, though I haven't tried them nearly as much because they're not the ones who need to get a gold skulltula on the last stage of Legend mode.

It's not at all balanced, Zant, Agitha, Great Fairy, Summoning Gate and Darunia are all amongst the hardest I found, and then Fi and Ghirahim's were surprisingly easy after them, so it may be worth pouring rupees in if you're still taking ages on officers or zelda/link or failing that co-op.

Also I'm not sure but I did hear fire is meant to give bonus damage against light warriors, like how water does a whole load of damage against Darunia or light attacks against dark people. So Darunia's XXXY might be worth spamming, but I'm not entirely sure on this one.

Honestly, Moblins and Redeads are the worst enemies in the game. Their a huge pain to fight, especially in groups.

Edit: And don't even get me started on Manhandla! This asshole ruined so many A ranks for me.

Edited by Ace Gamer

ReDeads are fine, considering that they are basically only using attacks that open their weakpoint gauge. Just about everyone else can stall as long as they like, which is naturally a problem because of the time limit. However, I would guess that for those who never learned that you can dash right after a roll to quickly close in on them, they are a massive pain.

I think they enemies I hate the most are Aerofols since they are the only enemies who get no power armor when using a weakpoint opening attack. So you can not only accidently knock them out of the move but you also have to wait until they go into the air again. And unlike other critters, they won't even initiate these moves as long as you are attacking them since they can't use them on teh ground. So you can either attack for minimal damage or leave them to their own devices and hope they can be bothered to open their weak spot. Choose your poison.

Also, their weakpoint gauge can be opened by using the hookshot when they are in the air... but only against certain types of this enemy? Or only when they don't have any buffs? Either way, it doesn't always work and I still don't get what makes the difference with these guys.

Edited by BrightBow

Also, their weakpoint gauge can be opened by using the hookshot when they are in the air... but only against certain types of this enemy? Or only when they don't have any buffs? Either way, it doesn't always work and I still don't get what makes the difference with these guys.

Only when you see them doing the charging it up first, (so they breathe fire then dive on the ground straight after.) Like how you can screw over Dinolfos/Lizafolos by shooting them with an arrow as they're doing their charge move, (where they breathe fire then do a jump attack)

As soon as you start book it to the West Garden and capture it. Then continue on capturing: East Garden, Northeast Keep, and Central Chamber last. Then go after Zelda and any others threatening your base. Once that's out of the way, boss time.

Welp, this is the strat that finally got me the win. Ganondorf even managed to capture a keep this time, but I guess the enemies being weakened from the keeps all being captured really made a difference. Thanks.

Welp, this is the strat that finally got me the win. Ganondorf even managed to capture a keep this time, but I guess the enemies being weakened from the keeps all being captured really made a difference. Thanks.

Was this an Adventure mode map by any chance? I could use your experiences on it to give me a better shot at it.

lame, i wanted it too. :/

Also, that's my main gripe with him is killing officers; he just takes WAY too long, even using WPSs...

Well that's new, I didn't say he had any trouble against officiers, just bosses. Huh, I think it might be your playstyle then, I've had no real problems against officers with Zant, I just needed slightly more combos with him.

So anyways, the Twilight Princess Pack is going to have a new character in it. TIME FOR EVERYONE TO SPECULATE.

I'm thinking It'll be either Rusl, or Prince Ralis. I honestly doubt it's human Midna, as she'd be more fit for a weapon rather than a new character. You could argue that Shiek is basically just another weapon for Zelda, however, they both actually had different names.