Hyrule Warriors

kingddd

Alright, Skyloft is really fucking stupid (decided to try that battle instead of going back to Death Mountain for now). I get Volga to low health and all of a sudden he becomes super powerful and kills me in one blow? How the hell am I supposed to defeat him if the game gives him such a huge advantage?

Ghirahim was no problem though.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, Skyloft is really fucking stupid (decided to try that battle instead of going back to Death Mountain). I get Volga to low health and all of a sudden he becomes super powerful and kills me in one blow? How the hell am I supposed to defeat him if the game gives him such a huge advantage?

Ghirahim was no problem though.

Do not go after him in that state. If you wait it out, the NPCs will tell you to go to the great fairy fountain to take away that power. You have to wait for the conversations to activate before you can proceed to the fountain.

You need to wait once he does that until the fairy fountain opens.

I can't. He kills me instantly. I don't get a chance to get away.

Do not go after him in that state. If you wait it out, the NPCs will tell you to go to the great fairy fountain to take away that power. You have to wait for the conversations to activate before you can proceed to the fountain.

Read what I said above.

Edited by Anacybele

Has anybody been using Zelda's baton much, since I almost exclusively used her rapier as it feels quicker, and now I'm at her tier 3 baton stage where she's locked into it, so I need to find good ways to destroy bombchus and officers with it.

Like I said, I DO start to run when that shows up, because by then I'm in need of health. But he has so much range that his attack reaches me anyway.

Are you aware you can run instantly by holding the dodge button as you move? (B on the game pad, not sure what it is on others) If you can't get away with that, you're definitely not retreating fast enough.

Are you aware you can run instantly by holding the dodge button as you move? (B on the game pad, not sure what it is on others) If you can't get away with that, you're definitely not retreating fast enough.

...Actually, no, I hadn't known that. >_<

But I managed to win, finally! I decided to run away just before Volga powered up.

I also just tackled Death Mountain! It was still really tough though. But thankfully, Darunia isn't nearly as much of a pain in the ass as Volga.

...Actually, no, I hadn't known that. >_<

Haha, yeah, it took me a while to find it out myself. I was annoyed with having to run slowly for a few seconds before sprinting and I figured there had to be a way to run immediately, so I experimented a bit and eventually found it. I imagine many people probably don't know about it. Just one of those perks of the game never telling you the basic controls, and it's not in the manual. Hella useful, though.

Haha, yeah, it took me a while to find it out myself. I was annoyed with having to run slowly for a few seconds before sprinting and I figured there had to be a way to run immediately, so I experimented a bit and eventually found it. I imagine many people probably don't know about it. Just one of those perks of the game never telling you the basic controls, and it's not in the manual. Hella useful, though.

Yeah I was wondering how I would do it some of the times, thanks for the info. I actually thought it had to do with hitting like y, y, x, then rolling lol

Bah lol. I'm sure a strategy guide would tell you though. I need to collect it when it's available, if it isn't already. I like collecting game guides. ^^

I completed Twilight Field. It actually was kinda easy. MIdna hardly ever exposed her weak point, but even then, I had taken off half of her health by the time the mission was to actually defeat her.

It's not mentioned in the in-game tutorial but it is mentioned in the actual manual, Page 9 Basic Controls - Dodging:

"Press B/C to evade enemy attacks. While moving, keep the button held down to break into a sprint immediately afterwards."

At least that's what's written in the PAL version of the manual.

It's not mentioned in the in-game tutorial but it is mentioned in the actual manual, Page 9 Basic Controls - Dodging:

"Press B/C to evade enemy attacks. While moving, keep the button held down to break into a sprint immediately afterwards."

At least that's what's written in the PAL version of the manual.

Interesting. Well, it's definitely not in mine. I've got four pages, two handling what each button does for game pad and wiimote, and the other two detailing the battlefield stuff (and then the same pages are repeated in three more languages). It doesn't mention sprinting anywhere.

Interesting. Well, it's definitely not in mine. I've got four pages, two handling what each button does for game pad and wiimote, and the other two detailing the battlefield stuff (and then the same pages are repeated in three more languages). It doesn't mention sprinting anywhere.

Four pages? I just noticed there actually was a little manual packaged with the game which has four pages. Do you mean that one? Because I meant the digital manual that you can access by using the home button while playing the game (unless I'm missing something, it seems like unlike with 3DS games, on the Wii U you can't access the manual straight from the main menu of the console.) I assumed traditional paper manuals weren't packaged with Nintendo games anymore, so I didn't specify that.

Edited by BrightBow

Four pages? I just noticed there actually was a little manual packaged with the game which has four pages. Do you mean that one? Because I meant the digital manual that you can access by using the home button while playing the game (unless I'm missing something, it seems like unlike with 3DS games, on the Wii U you can't access the manual straight from the main menu of the console.) I assumed traditional paper manuals weren't packaged with Nintendo games anymore, so I didn't specify that.

Oh. Yeah, I was talking about the printed manual. I didn't notice an in-game manual.

You need to use a compass to show where the secret is then use the appropriate item to unlock the A rank reward/Battle reward. Link's ball and chain is pretty early in the mode I think you need to do 4 challenges if you know where it is. If you check the tiles to see which has a battle reward hidden then that will be where it is.

It's Ghirahim. xP

I wish I could just unlock him already! But seeing as I don't know how to, I'll just have to keep playing until I figure it out and get him. I did more of Adventure mode, but haven't been able to find Gold Skulltulas there. I did pick up two Heart Containers with Lana and tried out Fi for the first time. Fi kicks ass too! At least she does when I use her. lol

Edited by Anacybele

You can see where the Adventure mode unlockable characters are (which are Agitha, Ruto, Zant, and Ghirahim). They have the "requires search," but you can still see their silhouette, so you know which challenge unlocks them. Ghirahim is on the second row from the bottom on the left side (unless this thing is random, but I don't think it is).

I recently unlocked him, but I had to take a bit of a roundabout route because one of the challenges on the straight path has an absurdly strong Imprisoned that I couldn't beat in the time limit with Fi.