Hyrule Warriors

kingddd

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently got pretty into HW, but now after I cleared Legend mode and am doing Adventure mode, it turns out my warriors are pretty underleveled. Any tips on grinding them up? My highest are about level 40 but I only have Shiek, Lana, Zelda, Link, and Ruto that high, most of the rest are mid 20's or lower.

Besides Tingle and Young Link, 2 more characters have been confirmed as playable DLC, along with 2 more DLC costumes for existing characters!!!

286272-h1.jpg

h2-noscale.jpg

h3-noscale.jpg

h4-noscale.jpg

Yeah, it's fake. I just saw it on GoNintendo and wanted to share it.

I hope this isn't against SF rules.

Edited by Randoman

I think Tingle totally deserved it. I mean, he's Tingle. Kind of hard to believe he actually surprised people.

Young Link is meh, but the Keaton Mask is cool I guess.

Although people complainin' over Twili Midna can shut the door. Right now, Twili Midna, Cia, and Ilia!Zelda with the Dominion Rod are probably my favorites to play as.

So, I used a compass in Adventure mode to reveal the spot where to search in the mission where Ruto is unlocked, but I got no idea what item card to use on this spot. Help? >_<

So, I used a compass in Adventure mode to reveal the spot where to search in the mission where Ruto is unlocked, but I got no idea what item card to use on this spot. Help? >_<

Power bracelet.

I finally got to play Hyrule Warriors via borrowing a friends copy then playing with him on his Wii U.

I didn't have any DLC or anything but I had a lot of fun through the story and the little of adventure I played, then I realized just how I barely scratched the surface of the game when I played at my friends dorm.

My favorite characters to use are Sheik, Link, Zelda, Lana and Ruto. I absolutely love the music. Dynasty Warriors music has always pumped me up and hearing Zelda tunes with rock added just made me giddy.

I particularly like this track among many many others.

Edited by Jedi

Oh yeah, Hyrule Warriors is a huge game, with or without DLC. XD

Also, I used my Link Amiibo to add the Spinner and that thing ROCKS! I LOVE it! :D It's so good at killing and it wasn't that hard to get the hang of. I recommend players of this game get their hands on a Link Amiibo asap!

Oh yeah, Hyrule Warriors is a huge game, with or without DLC. XD

Also, I used my Link Amiibo to add the Spinner and that thing ROCKS! I LOVE it! :D It's so good at killing and it wasn't that hard to get the hang of. I recommend players of this game get their hands on a Link Amiibo asap!

Yeah Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends is massive similarly with all the stuff from the regular 8 adding onto with all sorts of new content. Koei is good about their warriors games being packed full of stuff.

The Spinner looked fun, I saw my friend use it.

Oh yes, it is fun. :D

I may have to try a Dynasty Warriors game someday. I really enjoy the gameplay of Hyrule Warriors. :o

They are fun, although the grand majority of them are on Sony consoles. I'm not sure if you have any of those (although the more recent games are available on PC as well) Dynasty Warriors is great for getting people into the time period and the more romanticized telling of the period of the Three Kingdoms era of China (The Book "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" is also based on this period of history and is more of what Dynasty Warriors is based on).

Basically real events (for a good chunk of them) but turned up to 11 in terms of over the topness. The Novel is also a bit turned up, I like all aspects of the history and various stories of the period too so :P.

And its all thanks to Dynasty Warriors.

Edited by Jedi

I got a used copy of DW7 on Xbox a week ago at gamestop and I beat the first mission, but besides that it wasn't very fun at all compared to HW. So I'm probably not going to do much with it.

They are fun, although the grand majority of them are on Sony consoles. I'm not sure if you have any of those (although the more recent games are available on PC as well) Dynasty Warriors is great for getting people into the time period and the more romanticized telling of the period of the Three Kingdoms era of China (The Book "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" is also based on this period of history and is more of what Dynasty Warriors is based on).

Basically real events (for a good chunk of them) but turned up to 11 in terms of over the topness. The Novel is also a bit turned up, I like all aspects of the history and various stories of the period too so :P.

And its all thanks to Dynasty Warriors.

...Well, I guess I'm not playing one then. I don't have any interest in getting any Sony consoles and I don't think I'd do well trying to play a game like this on a computer.

...Well, I guess I'm not playing one then. I don't have any interest in getting any Sony consoles and I don't think I'd do well trying to play a game like this on a computer.

I do think there is a warriors game on the 3DS but don't quote me on that.

Well, Warriors Orochi 3 has a Wii U port. Warriors Orochi is a Dynasty Warriors / Samurai Warriors Crossover. But being restricted to Nintendo consoles myself, I can't compare them to the actual Dynasty Warriors games. But it's very similar to Hyrule Warriors and Samurai Warriors at least.

However, said Wii U version of the game has a awful draw distance for enemy troops, making it rather hard to appreciate the large number of enemies. Reviews also complained about constant slow-downs but judging by my experience with that that game, that must have been mostly patched out at some point, at least for single player.

Also, Dynasty Warriors sister series Samurai Warriors has a few games on Nintendo systems. There is at least Samurai Warriors 3 for the Wii and Samurai Warriors Chronicles for the 3DS.

SW3 is fairly standard but Chronicles is very different in that it allows you to jump between several different heroes who are controlled by the AI while you are not controlling them. That game is also centered around a Avatar character and only has one large storyline as opposed to the the individual characters having their own stories like in SW3. The Avatar characters have their own fighting style but they can also use the weapons of the other characters if they build a relationship with them.

But both games do feel rather clunky compared to Hyrule Warriors. For starters, there is a speed stat. meaning, you run really slow at level 1. But there are actual horses to make up for this.

Personally I like Samurai Warriors 3 for the Wii more then Hyrule Warriors. While you can't wreck anywhere close as much havoc in that game, the average grunt actually attacks and battles generally feel more exiting. Or maybe I just ran myself dry in HW's storyless Adventure Mode at some point. But unlike in Hyrule Warriors and Warriors Orochi, killing grunts in SW3 feels like it actually matters.

The Wii has also Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes. Sengoku Basara is basically Capcom's version of Dynasty Warriors, so they are very similar to them. But the drawing distance for enemies in the Wii version of that game is just unbelievable awful. In that game, you basically never notice if you stand knee deep in enemies until you activate a super move and see waves and waves of new bodies dropping to the floor. So I really can't recommend that one.

Edited by BrightBow

Well, I guess I can consider one of those. I'm still not sure if I'll ever get to play one though.

Either way, let me give you one piece of advice: Don't overrate review scores when it comes to these games. For whatever reasons, the vast majority of professional reviewers just don't like them, so those scores tend to be deceivingly low.

Edit: Well, what I said above isn't quit fair. The consistent major complaint against those games is that they are monotone button mashers or something along those lines. I can definitely see were they are coming from since I feel similar about WO3 and Hyrule Warriors at least. But if you liked Hyrule Warriors' gameplay, then that complaint shouldn't be all that relevant to you. So again: Don't overrate those scores.

Edited by BrightBow

Personally I like Samurai Warriors 3 for the Wii more then Hyrule Warriors. While you can't wreck anywhere close as much havoc in that game, the average grunt actually attacks and battles generally feel more exiting. Or maybe I just ran myself dry in HW's storyless Adventure Mode at some point. But unlike in Hyrule Warriors and Warriors Orochi, killing grunts in SW3 feels like it actually matters.

Butt r da graphcss gud?

In all seriousness, I looked at some screenshots for SW3 and I think it looks kind of meh. I'm personally more inclined to get SW: Chronicles for the 3ds.

Either way, let me give you one piece of advice: Don't overrate review scores when it comes to these games. For whatever reasons, the vast majority of professional reviewers just don't like them, so those scores tend to be deceivingly low.

Edit: Well, what I said above isn't quit fair. The consistent major complaint against those games is that they are monotone button mashers or something along those lines. I can definitely see were they are coming from since I feel similar about WO3 and Hyrule Warriors at least. But if you liked Hyrule Warriors' gameplay, then that complaint shouldn't be all that relevant to you. So again: Don't overrate those scores.

Yeah, I didn't mind the button mashing. In fact, that just gets me more pumped up during the missions. XD

But thanks for the advice. :)

I unlocked Ruto, and played with Ghirahim some more since I love that guy so much. ^^ Oh, I also got Lana's lv. 2 weapon. I need to do more Spinner Link too though, that was just TOO much fun!