FE7 Chaos Mode [FE7CM] V1.34

Klokinator

Favorite characters?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who are your favorite characters in the first third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

2. 2. Who are your favorite characters in the second third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

3. 3. Who are your favorite characters in the last third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

Yep, that's what i did.

You demon, how am i suppose to steal that staff without killing her?

i thought my +7 mov Canas would do, but that bitch is running toward me like hell ^^

attachicon.gifFE7 Chaos Mode V1.11_01.png attachicon.gifFE7 Chaos Mode V1.11_03.png

By the way, how many Ultimate seal can we get?

(i've the feeling there is just one and i'm gonna get screwed)

You can't steal weapons or staves, only items. Even if you could get to her you couldn't steal it. That's why you have to either kill her or not.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's one of those little niche things I added to the game just to see what choices people would make. Of course, Vaida is more useful than a warp staff... unless you don't plan to use her at all, given you have plenty of other serviceable units. And if you kill her, you get a rare warp staff.

Makes sense to me.

It's one of those little niche things I added to the game just to see what choices people would make. Of course, Vaida is more useful than a warp staff... unless you don't plan to use her at all, given you have plenty of other serviceable units. And if you kill her, you get a rare warp staff.

Makes sense to me.

when you're pretty much hardcoded to make sure you recruit EVERY unit you can, it doesn't make sense to me. also how does she lose the warp staff in between the times where you fight her and recruit her

how does she lose the warp staff in between the times where you fight her and recruit her

Boss!Vaida and Recruit!Vaida are different character slots. Also, enemies are not stored in memory like playable characters so they cannot carry their inventory between chapters.

Haha spoilers! XD but yeah Prime explained it perfectly. It's the same reason why Vaida has a regular spear instead of the Uber Spear when you obtain her later in the game.

Also, guys, a personal request. There's a ton of LP's for Chaos Mode, and a draft, and other things of that sort. If everyone would be so kind to edit their OP's tags to say "FE7 Chaos Mode", that way all the topics are linked together in the suggested topics in the bottom, that'd be awesome. :)

EDit: Relevant video.

Edited by Klokinator

MUG:

cc57f8cdb8.png267afab307.png

OLD:

6c5fc3b8c4.pngd1b12e9461.png3f4625668c.png

NEW:

76363a8b2b.png068e2858d4.pngaaf969402f.png

Lots of palette fixes. Like, every character.

Next release'll be a ways away :(

Edit: Actually, maybe not. I busted ass and the chapter itself is nearly complete. Maybe I can compile an EA file for Tequila to tide everyone over until the palettes are done, unless people don't mind next release having ugly palettes temporarily?

Also, the OP now has updated screenshots reflecting what I believe to be the... best parts of Chaos Mode.

Edited by Klokinator

I can assure you I certainly don't mind ugly palettes. I usually play with animations off anyway. Also, not to disparage your artistic abilities, but I liked Raven's original palette better; it suited his goth vibe: "I'm so angsty, no one understands me, EAT CRIT AND DIE MOTHERFUCKER!"

Edited by Tequila

I was in chapter 22. Leila died and I kept going to see which of my units were going to die so I could change their places. But as soon as Leila died, chapter was over.

Edit: uhhh Spoiler alert? I guess?

Edited by nemid

For future reference, spoilers can be done as

[spoiler] your text goes here [/spoiler]

Also, this issue is mentioned in the bugs section of the OP. So you're ok. Her recruitment is a little buggy; sometimes she dies before the chapter even starts and you have to restart the rom.

She's recruited in chapter 19. The issue happens in chapter 22, the one where you are defending Nils for 11 turns and are getting your ass handed to you by all of the enemies in the world, especially those aura monks.

Edited by nemid

It's probably because you renamed the class to Heretic instead of keeping it Shaman

Chapter 21 Energy Ring!Heretic has the female map sprite but male battle sprite/animation. I haven't noticed other female heretics with this problem yet (or any others, really)

Teh takeaway message is "don't let Leila die".

I mean tbh, when a player loses a character they restart anyway right? I don't think it's that big a bug. Hell, maybe LTCers can use the glitch to their advantage!

Shut up I was planning on doing that for Cog

Skipping Fod (Fog of Density) is skipping a shitton of exp and droppable legendaries, a warp staff, and a bunch of stat boosters.

For the sake of LTC though! (would it work on Final I wonder...).

also Vaida

Edited by Sara.

Which one was 28?

Edit: Oh, Nino's chapter.

Technically that's the easiest chapter though. Just rescue staff the prince and you win. Of course, you don't wanna miss out on the secret hidden boots on that chapter good items so rushing is advised.

Has anyone even gotten the boots there yet?

Edited by Klokinator