FE7 Chaos Mode [FE7CM] V1.34

Klokinator

Favorite characters?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who are your favorite characters in the first third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

2. 2. Who are your favorite characters in the second third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

3. 3. Who are your favorite characters in the last third of the game? (Stats or class, growths, any reason.)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the T3's gain EXP pretty fast in FE7CM. I'm more than likely gonna nerf that in the next month if I see a lot of overpowered trends.

Even if they do gain EXP pretty fast though, the enemies are threatening throughout the whole game so I don't think it's a massive balance issue. When I implement the new T3 classes though, I'll probably take that time to nerf the EXP gains.

the issue is somewhat functional, because promoting a unit would make them gain EXP faster rather than slower. thematically it's also weird because... you expect units post-promotion to gain EXP slower instead of faster.

i think you should use this opportunity to correct rienfleche's spelling.

It's spelled exactly the same way it was spelled in vanilla. I think you need your eyes checked.

b6909961d0.png

Edit: FUN FACT TIME! Archsages apparently had a class relative power of 0. To give you some clarity, thieves have a power of 1, regular T1's were 3, and most T2's were 4. This means archsages gain EXP at explosive rates because the game thinks they're weak and need babying.

I set them to 4 :V

Also did rebalancing on EXP for a variety of classes. Wil still gains insane EXP, but only until after promotion. Knights are set to 1 now and generals 2, so you should see faster EXP for them as well.

Edited by Klokinator

wait, i'm dumb, i've been spoiled by the user that used to have the name "reinfleche." it would always annoy me because i knew it was misspelt. and i seem to have confused myself with what's actually misspelt in the FE games ("audhumla" is misspelt in FE8 and i got my wires crossed).

... Why do witches have 25 caps on skill/speed and 30 caps on mag/def/res? you would expect them to have 30 mag/skl/spd and something like 25 def and 26 res. Like they are now, they're just shittier dark druids with light magic, which archsages can also use.

Plus it would make Leila a lot more useable.

Also, about the whole T3 thing, make a T3 Dark/Light magic user.

Edited by nemid

Also, about the whole T3 thing, make a T3 Dark/Light magic user.

It's called "Witch"??

Leila already has Dark/Light access at T2, IIRC. At T3 she gains anima.

... Why do witches have 25 caps on skill/speed and 30 caps on mag/def/res? you would expect them to have 30 mag/skl/spd and something like 25 def and 26 res.

How about no.

Witches are already vastly superior to Dark Druids. Witches aren't weak to literally every legendary weapon like Dark Druids are, and the Dark Druid needs Ereshkigal to be truly useful on the final chapter. The Witch is powerful enough without giving them full access to the best stat in the game.

Ok, I get your point, but how about nerfing that def and buffing that skill? 25 skill is... not that great, and magic units are not exactly known for their high defence.

Edited by nemid

How about no. If you want more accuracy, use a light tome. If losing a whopping 10 hitrate (1pt skill = 2 points hitrate) or 5 crit is making you cringe that much, you have bigger issues.

Also the Emblem seal adds 10 hitrate anyway so just use one of those.

Edit: FUN FACT TIME! Archsages apparently had a class relative power of 0. To give you some clarity, thieves have a power of 1, regular T1's were 3, and most T2's were 4. This means archsages gain EXP at explosive rates because the game thinks they're weak and need babying.

I set them to 4 :V

I already said my arch sage eliwood gained more exp than my T1 units.

You guys waited patiently, and I finally deliver!

FE7 Chaos Mode V1.20!

This new version has a number of updates.

-Jerme's chapter is mostly complete, though I didn't get to playtest it even half as much as I would have liked to.

-Major thanks to Primefusion, who helped me work out a new way of choosing Harken or Karel to recruit. You can still only recruit one of them, but now it has nothing to do with that stupid door unlock system. Well, you'll see :) Please note that I intentionally left the old system intact for Kenneth's chapter.

-Ninian has been buffed! She now joins with 18 LUK/SPD and at level 7, so she may be able to max both of those stats.

-Guys, palettes are ugly in this release. Please don't mention them. I will have them fixed in the next release and they'll be better than ever.

-EXP gain for most classes, like mage, sage, archsage, dragoon, were nerfed. However, Knights and Generals now gain EXP very very fast.

-I changed a couple character descriptions. Can you find them?!

I didn't buff anyone else, iirc. Legault still wants more HP but I'm lazy. Also, people, there's a big update coming next version for Leila/Fiora/Dart's chapter, and it has to do with making Leila's recruitment not a total piece of shit. You will see when it happens.

Also, I plan to update many earlier chapters to take advantage of the triangle attacking enemies. You will also have to wait and see XD

Thanks for waiting, enjoy!

Edited by Klokinator

When I first saw the map, I noticed the two druids up top with stealable items, but thieves can't land on mountains, so I thought I'd need to warp Bartre up there. Then I realized I just have to lure one of those druids away from the mountain tile so Lowen can drop him off instead.

You can actually drop bartre onto the mountain tile, and bartre can climb the mountain tile too. A thief/assassin just can't climb peaks (The brown mountains).

Edit:

On a different topic, anyone have a save file handy for Leila's chapter?

Still a thing, guys.

Edited by Klokinator

Oh huh. I suggest going into nightmare and moving him over a tile to the right. That's actually what I meant to do but I didn't realize that was a peak.

Well, I guess there's still warp and aggroing the enemy too :) Unless the enemy is set to stand still and attack AI, then you're fucked.