Do you think Cervantes should of been a recruitable unit?

Tanner

He really was generic? No other enemy had that mustache... Ah well, I suppose so.

Not a lot of conversations between each other, besides Chrom and Say'ri.

But still, I wish he was recruitable. Like let's say he's near death, half of his health is gone. Either Chrom or Say'ri would give him mercy if they joined their cause. It would sound good then.

No...?

Maybe a bonus postgame unit.

there was another general like him earlier in the game. he is a generic, so no.

but i do agree the mustache is majestic

Huh? Which chapter? I don't remember any other generals going on about spider metaphors and mustaches. Or are we talking about the battle model.

Edited by L95

I don't remember exactly, but did Cervantes even give any hints that he would want to change sides?

He gave pretty much the opposite if I remember correctly.

If there were an unrecruitable character that a lot of people wish to be recruitable, it's Mustafa from Chapter 10.

But I do agree that Cervantes's mustache is awesome. (It looks a lot like that of the Lorax.)

there was another general like him earlier in the game. he is a generic, so no.

No he isn't. He has a unique head on his battle model, which is more than all the Paralogue bosses and half of the main story bosses can say. Risen Chiefs are generic.

I don't remember exactly, but did Cervantes even give any hints that he would want to change sides?

He was all "I follow Walhart because he's more ambitious than me" so it's possible he could have been made to reconsider once Walhart is good and trounced. Regardless, he wouldn't be there for story value, he'd be there for fanservice and being a troll in supports. I suppose you could liken him to Oliver in RD.

And yes, I would like to play as Cervantes.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Cervantes feels like he was a one-gimmick character. It would kind of be like having another Kellam. Cervantes was good in his small role, but I generally like characters with more depth. Maybe Cervantes would be fun for battle animations though? Talking spiders and curling his moustache.