Has Aether become a skill only nobles can learn?

IceBrand

Think about it. Why is it that Chrom and his bloodline learn the complete version while Priam only has the skills that make up Aether(Sol, Luna)? I have a theory. Maybe somewhere along the lines Ike's descendants became royal and passed the technique down over the generations. While say Mist's descendants only knew the steps but not the whole package.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By your logic, Priam is descended from Ike through Mist, which I personally don't believe. However, I think it's the Lord's skill now because Ike started that trend. However, it's also the mastery skill for third tier Heroes because of RD Ike. So it may not stay as a Lord only skill.

By your logic, Priam is descended from Ike through Mist, which I personally don't believe. However, I think it's the Lord's skill now because Ike started that trend. However, it's also the mastery skill for third tier Heroes because of RD Ike. So it may not stay as a Lord only skill.

Haven't played Tellius yet but wasn't Aether basically exclusive to Ike in both games? I just can't picture generic mooks running around with Aether.

Your theory hinges entirely on another fan theory (Priam actually being descended from Mist instead of Ike) being true. This is obviously a pretty big problem considering there is no evidence to support the idea of Priam being Mist's descendent.

I would say it's more likely that Priam was given Sol and Luna instead of the full Aether skill to prevent speculation that he was related to Chrom.

Haven't played Tellius yet but wasn't Aether basically exclusive to Ike in both games? I just can't picture generic mooks running around with Aether.

Yeah. But if we see the Vanguard class again, we might see Aether as its mastery skill again. That's what I'm saying.

I doubt they would need to prevent speculation of Priam being related to Chrom when he is stated to be the Scion of the Radiant Hero, unless they did it to prevent speculation that Ike is related to Marth or something. Priam really should have had Aether though.

Yeah. But if we see the Vanguard class again, we might see Aether as its mastery skill again. That's what I'm saying.

I don't think they would give make Vanguard a commonplace class since it was an Ike thing. I wonder why Aether only gets passed to Chrom's daughters.
Hell, a female Vanguard for next Lord is sounding miiiighty cool right about now.
Edited by Ownagepuffs

Ike had been granted noble status for a time though, so he was a noble when he learned Aether too. Same as in RD. He didn't get his promotion to Vanguard until sometime AFTER Sanaki reinstated him as a high-ranking general.

So Priam didn't learn it because he was never a noble at any time. That's just what I think.

Edited by Anacybele

I doubt they would need to prevent speculation of Priam being related to Chrom when he is stated to be the Scion of the Radiant Hero

And what makes you think that would make any difference? People have theorized that Priam was actually descended from Mist based on absolutely nothing other than their own imaginations. If people can come up with theories out of nowhere like that, then it's perfectly reasonable to assume they would do the same thing with tenuous-but-actually-existent "proof" such as sharing a unique skill and hair color.

Ike had been granted noble status for a time though, so he was a noble when he learned Aether too. Same as in RD. He didn't get his promotion to Vanguard until sometime AFTER Sanaki reinstated him as a high-ranking general.

So Priam didn't learn it because he was never a noble at any time. That's just what I think.

However, Greil can get Aether in PoR [it's Hero's occult skill] for Trial Maps.

There's nothing that supports Mist ->> Priam, and plenty of hard evidence [FE10 Ending (Mist went where? Oh wait, stayed in Tellius (Unlike Ike)), Intro of P23 (Ike is from ANOTHER WORLD), RAGNELL ITSELF, "Scion"] that says Ike ->> Priam. (As well as relatively subjective "flavor" evidence such as Priam's appearance and love of meat)

Priam's lack of Aether might be there to deny it to Male Morgan [since that's Female Morgan's special skill [Note: 4 special skills: 2 exclusively female, 2 exclusively male]] and if Priam had it, he'd pass it on to Male Morgan [since he's not a lord, and therefore wouldn't be passing RFK].

He gets the Pseudo Aether to canonically state he HAS IT, but gameplay wise doesn't so Male Morgan can't touch it.

Edited by Airship Canon

However, Greil can get Aether in PoR [it's Hero's occult skill] for Trial Maps.

Huh, now this I didn't know. Heck, I didn't even know Greil was usable in trial maps.

Your theory of Priam not having it so male Morgan can't get it makes sense though. I like it.

Huh, now this I didn't know. Heck, I didn't even know Greil was usable in trial maps.

He isn't, at least, not normally anyway. The only way to make Greil playable is to hack the game.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

He isn't. However you can hack the game to make Greil playable.

...That's just weird. If IS didn't intend for him to be usable in trial maps, why make him able to get anything, let alone Aether?

Edited by Anacybele

And what makes you think that would make any difference? People have theorized that Priam was actually descended from Mist based on absolutely nothing other than their own imaginations. If people can come up with theories out of nowhere like that, then it's perfectly reasonable to assume they would do the same thing with tenuous-but-actually-existent "proof" such as sharing a unique skill and hair color.

Is my faith in people simply misguided?

There's the issue regarding the Apotheosis map... (looking at you, Anna, "Ikeadin," and few Soldiers that have the skill and others that I may not have mentioned. I wonder how those guys got the skill (no hax pl0x).

Edited by Roflolxp54

He gets the Pseudo Aether to canonically state he HAS IT, but gameplay wise doesn't so Male Morgan can't touch it.

I think this is most likely. Awakening's devs don't seem like the kind that would nerf a character just to prevent some (very minor) fan speculation.

...That's just weird. If IS didn't intend for him to be usable in trial maps, why make him able to get anything, let alone Aether?

He needs class data in order to appear on the map (even in cutscenes) due to the way the game works, and it's a lot simpler for them to just give him an already existing class complete with all bells and whistles than to make a new one for him that doesn't do anything.

Anna is Anna and Ikeadin is in the family line.

There's also a Falco with it.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

He needs class data in order to appear on the map (even in cutscenes) due to the way the game works, and it's a lot simpler for them to just give him an already existing class complete with all bells and whistles than to make a new one for him that doesn't do anything.

Oh, I see. That explains it then. :P

Oh wait I forgot about the Wave 3 Falco and the Wave 4 Soldier.... Ike got around?

Or they could just be relatives of Priam from another branch of the family. Awakening takes place hundreds of years after all the other games, I think. But Ike "getting around" would be so funny because he doesn't seem at all like the kind of guy who'd sleep with multiple women unless he wound up divorcing and remarrying. :P

Mia isn't the only Tellius Swordmaster. :/

He specifically mentions Mia because of Vantage (she's the only Swordmaster in the series that learns the skill innately before FE13).

I heard somewhere (probably just fan speculation) that the separated Aether --> Luna animation instead of Ike's "double hit" in one go in PoR for Griel is because there was supposed to be a scripted battle when Griel uses Aether and the "battle" gets interrupted.