Everyone is Choosing Their Own Mafia Mafia 3.3 (Night 4)

Paperblade

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting 3 kills entirely on your own is hard enough with all the blocking. These games generally don't last that long. N1 in EiMM 3.2 was a flop with only 2 deaths, nobody expected that.

Mitsuki, you have to kill people based on their character, not their alias, and as far as I can tell there's no real reason to truthfully claim your character, so we'll probably have the same cliques and then there'll be two people left at the end who're like "damn we haven't won yet that must mean we have to kill each other" and then they'll suicide on each other or something.

That actually makes your wincon random and unknown to you, which is even worse...

I like the idea of requiring certain characters to be dead in order to win, though it should not be necessary for the player to directly contribute to their kill. And it should replace the last-three-alive win condition instead of being an addition.

I like the idea of requiring certain characters to be dead in order to win, though it should not be necessary for the player to directly contribute to their kill. And it should replace the last-three-alive win condition instead of being an addition.

but then basically everyone would win, cause 85% of the playerlist will be dead by the time it's down to 3 people

Mitsuki, you have to kill people based on their character, not their alias, and as far as I can tell there's no real reason to truthfully claim your character, so we'll probably have the same cliques and then there'll be two people left at the end who're like "damn we haven't won yet that must mean we have to kill each other" and then they'll suicide on each other or something.

Games like this have been hosted and they tend to work out (spoilers one of my first ever "mafia" games was very similar to this), the main reason I am unsure is because I don't think it fits the spirit of EIMM as some people have pointed out.

As I told you yesterday on Skype this is basically the same as everyone lying about their role

but then basically everyone would win, cause 85% of the playerlist will be dead by the time it's down to 3 people

...that's why I said it should replace the last-3-alive win condition instead of being an addition. So once all of your targets die, you get treated as a winner and leave the game while the others keep playing.

...that's why I said it should replace the last-3-alive win condition instead of being an addition. So once all of your targets die, you get treated as a winner and leave the game while the others keep playing.

so basically if any of your targets win, you lose

so basically if any of your targets win, you lose

Pretty much.

inb4 Paper deliberately crushes my dreams and designs it to prevent me from joint winning with Kinumi+Kuroneko.

The main reason I'm inclined towards the kill-specific-characters-to-win over last-3-alive is because the former is a new idea (at least, in the SF EiMM context) and it would be nice to have an experimental run to see how it works. Better to try out the new ideas than sticking with the same concept.

That kind of sets a really heavy restriction on the freedom of what you can do in a game that was designed to be free-for-all though. I think having both wincons is the way to go because you're not forced to abuse OC to find your targets, and because finding your targets if wincons are target-driven only would be almost impossible because nobody would want to claim their characters in the first place.

Having the more active people gunning for a target-win ASAP and the inactive people gun for survival while willing to collaborate with the target-driven players is more likely to generate an environment where people can have common goals (I want survival, so I help people find their targets so that they eliminate each other and achieve their wins, that way they get removed from the game and I'm closer to being amongst the last 3p standing).

I think phases should be increased to 48 hrs for all phases (so, that our chances of finding what we are looking for increases) if we are doing the new method.

I'm still kind of liking the old method a bit more. If we get 48 hour phases and we have to kill people that's a lot of OC for a game where you're just supposed to be killing everyone :U

I'm still kind of liking the old method a bit more. If we get 48 hour phases and we have to kill people that's a lot of OC for a game where you're just supposed to be killing everyone :U

that is what I would prefer to satisfy my hunger for actual OC games.

Currently it looks likely I'm gonna do that, since opinions seem pretty split but people who don't want it are expressing the opinion I was thinking they might while other people are like "eh mite b cool"

Guys, this is less than a filler game. If we need to argue about rules for five days we're doing something wrong here. Just play with whatever ruleset and try to have a good time. And if you have energy to spare, go sign up for one of the real games to get those off the ground.