FE Lords Tier List

DarkCrusader

Yeah I see your point but only having one axe user can put you on very hard situations.

Edit: Also Lyn gains bows on promotion making her one of, if not the best, non bow-locked bow user

Edited by Deino

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I see your point but only having one axe user can put you on very hard situations.

Edit: Also Lyn gains bows on promotion making her one of, if not the best, non bow-locked bow user

You say that like bows are a good thing. Also Rath says hi.

FE3 Marth is definitely Solid Tier at least.

Agreed. Competent growths along with the game's overall low stat caps makes him most likely to be a good unit, even without the shards. His start isn't all that shaky either.

SD Marth should be bumped up to Mixed Bag tier because with Rapier forge he can oneshot or oneround a lot of the enemies in the game. even if he didn't grow much. I mean you can beat the game fine without him but it's a pretty decent forge, even in H5, and the game throws money at you so you can still easily afford to forge Caeda's Wing Spear, a Hammer for Barst/Minerva and Arrowspate.

Edited by Irysa

Am I the only one who thinks Roy should be above Eliwood?

I feel like Roy can be somewhat useful sometimes, and he has the sword of seals, which is one of the best weapons ever, while Eliwood is always bad and Durandal sucks terribly.

Edited by NOBODY

I'm not sure the Sword of Seals really gives Roy much of an edge over his father. It only exists for three chapters at most, and even then you have to be careful not to break it. Other than that, Roy and Eliwood seem pretty similar to me.

Eirika and Lyn should be above Micaiah and SD Marth. Micaiah has dumb availability and stupid promotion times which prevent her from being able to get OP from over-leveling. And SD Marth has to ignore combat for Exp and just march to the throne.

Ephriam up to Top. He is stupidly good. Amazing growths, amazing Prf weapon, and 1-2 range weapons.

I guess it depends on whether you consider Eliwood for his contributions in Hector Mode or only in his own mode. If you're assuming Eliwood mode Eliwood, he promotes late and has worse end game due to not having a super powerful weapon, so he's probably about equal to Roy. If you're assuming Hector mode Eliwood, I'd say Eliwood is better, because if he's the first lord to get a heaven seal he can be a decent unit, which is something that can never be said of Roy.

The list looks good, but I'd say Seliph should be moved up, probably to #2. His mobility gives him a big advantage, and his combat abilities are better than RD!Ike and Alm before promotion. I'd say Micaiah should drop to bottom, above or below Eliwood. Her combat against anything that isn't weak to Thani is terrible, her defense is terrible, and her healing honestly isn't very useful. She's probably the biggest liability of every lord because she's the most likely to be one-shotted for the whole game, but Thani is a tiny saving grace. Celica should also move down, but I'm not really sure where.

I kinda feel like ephraim is always playing second fiddle to Seth,the omega Jesus of fe 8;whereas with say,fe10 Ike,the only hyper cheap unit you have is titania,and she doesn't hold up too well late game

i think this list needs a somewhat less vague criteria. Because if we're talking about just general everyday fire emblem play, units like Ephraim and even someone generally terrible like FE11 Marth (who's pretty much the same as an unmounted Abel, one of the best units in the game) have a much higher value, and dudes like Celice are much worse if "efficient" play isn't assumed. Some of the better lords statistically like Ephraim and Chrom aren't very useful in efficient play, while some lower guys like Eliwood and Leaf are a lot better.

Edited by General Horace

dudes like Celice are much worse if "efficient" play is assumed.

is there some kind of new radical way to play FE4 efficiently that doesn't involve stuffing celice to the gills before he even exists or are you missing a "than" in there? (legitimate question)

Speaking of FE3 Marth, we talkin' book 1 or 2 here? I mean there is a difference between the two.

I'd say 2's better than 1. 2 faces harder enemies earlier but he's better overall compared to the rest of the team (Rody, Luke and Cecil aren't nearly as good as Abel, Kain and Sheeda for instance) and there's orbs.

Sure, Katua, Paola and Sirius come along but they're still a bit fragile.

is there some kind of new radical way to play FE4 efficiently that doesn't involve stuffing celice to the gills before he even exists or are you missing a "than" in there? (legitimate question)

i wasn't thinking straight dunno what i was saying lol

should say this:

and dudes like Celice are much worse if "efficient" play isn't assumed.
Edited by General Horace

I'd say 2's better than 1. 2 faces harder enemies earlier but he's better overall compared to the rest of the team (Rody, Luke and Cecil aren't nearly as good as Abel, Kain and Sheeda for instance) and there's orbs.

Sure, Katua, Paola and Sirius come along but they're still a bit fragile.

(I still haven't finished Book 2, so I can't comment on this)

I was just asking if the "FE3 Marth" he had listed was Book 1 or 2, and why he hasn't listed both.

i think this list needs a somewhat less vague criteria. Because if we're talking about just general everyday fire emblem play, units like Ephraim and even someone generally terrible like FE11 Marth (who's pretty much the same as an unmounted Abel, one of the best units in the game) have a much higher value, and dudes like Celice are much worse if "efficient" play is assumed. Some of the better lords statistically like Ephraim and Chrom aren't very useful in efficient play, while some lower guys like Eliwood and Leaf are a lot better.

What kind of criteria would you recommend?

(I still haven't finished Book 2, so I can't comment on this)

I was just asking if the "FE3 Marth" he had listed was Book 1 or 2, and why he hasn't listed both.

Haven't played through FE 3 Book 1 so I don't know where to put him. That's why he's not on here.

Haven't played through FE 3 Book 1 so I don't know where to put him. That's why he's not on here.

I see. Though I feel you should put him in a "can't comment" tier or something so people who can comment can give feedback, and indicate that the FE3 Marth is Book 2.