• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have fondest memories of childhood n64 games, being super mario 64, star wars rogue squadron, donkey kong 64, kirby 64, mario party 2, mario kart 64, super smash bros...

i remember bumbling around for cheats and tips for mario 64 none of which actually helped me but i somehow beat the game, realizing my masochism thanks to star wars, controlling computers and getting scared of fake black stars in mario party 2, playing with powers in kirby, realizing my love for jigglypuff in ssb, and just EVERYTHING in dk64...except that stupid donkey kong arcade game that's mandatory to beat...TWICE.

then in middle school years i played fe7, mario & luigi superstar saga, mega man battle network 4, and yu-gi-oh! dark duel stories...i drained so many batteries on those fricken games!!

Yeah, we had that one, too. When the HD collection got released I was stuck on that one mission when you got to protect all the LEVs from what was essentially an endless onslaught of enemies (the mission before you can use Zero Shift) for I think 3 days. I don't recall it being so hard on the PS2

I don't remember dying more than once or twice the entire game in the old one. They probably upped the difficulty, or did the Japanese thing and moved everything up one difficulty. -____-

My gods people links....

That said...

Just hearing this makes me wanna play Ocarina.

Ohhhhh man, I didn't get an N64 until well into the PS2, GCN, and Xbox's life, but this reminds me of when my friends would play and I'd watch, always wanting to try it out.

Gain ground hype. I was on my phone so I couldn't post it earlier.

The sound effects on this one remind me of another Sega game but I can't figure out what. I was looking through the Wikipedia article and it seems the guy that made this also made Super Hang on, but it's definitely not that...

i have fondest memories of childhood n64 games, being super mario 64, star wars rogue squadron, donkey kong 64, kirby 64, mario party 2, mario kart 64, super smash bros...

i remember bumbling around for cheats and tips for mario 64 none of which actually helped me but i somehow beat the game, realizing my masochism thanks to star wars, controlling computers and getting scared of fake black stars in mario party 2, playing with powers in kirby, realizing my love for jigglypuff in ssb, and just EVERYTHING in dk64...except that stupid donkey kong arcade game that's mandatory to beat...TWICE.

then in middle school years i played fe7, mario & luigi superstar saga, mega man battle network 4, and yu-gi-oh! dark duel stories...i drained so many batteries on those fricken games!!

I remember N64 in a way fuzzier way because I only ever really got a lot of time to play it when I went on summer vacations to my cousins'. They played Nintendo consoles as a kid more than I did, since I was more of a Sega and Playstation kid. We used to come in after hours in the hot, humid sun and play some Super Smash Bros. A friend made a bet with me years later and ante'd up his Gamecube while I put up my PS2, and when I won he tried to renege but then said that he would be fine with giving me an N64 instead. I was stoked, but it didn't end up being the same as years earlier. I'm still sad that I traded it in months later at Gamestop to buy a game that I now don't care for at all.

this was from a vhs tape. it was included in some nintendo magazine back in the day. classic stuff

Oh oh oh! This reminds me of Playstation Underground. My uncle decided to buy a subscription and let me see some of the discs when I was a kid. I still have a few, and watching them makes me almost sad they're so reminiscent.

I played this game all the time at my (now deceased) grandparent's home. I never managed to get past Metropolis Zone when I was a kid.

Metropolis Zone's music was always one of my favorites, but Mystic Cave and Oil Ocean used to terrify me as a little tyke. o___o

The sound effects on this one remind me of another Sega game but I can't figure out what. I was looking through the Wikipedia article and it seems the guy that made this also made Super Hang on, but it's definitely not that...

I think the Genesis shared a lot of sound effects, so I would be hard pressed to track down a specific game.

Gunstar Heroes I believe shared sound effects with at least three other games. Speaking of which, that's another one.

Since Diablo II is pretty much my favourite game of all time I've gotta list that too. Still excellent after 14 years. Plus we need some pc mustard rice in here.

Edited by Tryhard

I remember N64 in a way fuzzier way because I only ever really got a lot of time to play it when I went on summer vacations to my cousins'. They played Nintendo consoles as a kid more than I did, since I was more of a Sega and Playstation kid. We used to come in after hours in the hot, humid sun and play some Super Smash Bros. A friend made a bet with me years later and ante'd up his Gamecube while I put up my PS2, and when I won he tried to renege but then said that he would be fine with giving me an N64 instead. I was stoked, but it didn't end up being the same as years earlier. I'm still sad that I traded it in months later at Gamestop to buy a game that I now don't care for at all.

n64 was the core of my childhood, but i didn't get the zelda games like most people. i just played ocarina on an emulator when i was like 16 and didn't like it :v

(but i still have hopes for majora's mask)

but anyway, what game was it?

i almost cried like a bitch when i played this level again a couple years ago...i miss this series more than any other. i don't really understand why spyro has such a profound effect on me.

and then there's the legend of dragoon which i play every couple of years or so. my first and favorite rpg, despite its terrible writing/translation and worst pacing of all time. if they remade this game from the ground up, i would be extremely happy.

and, duh, fe 7.

listening to metallica, of all goddamn bands lol, whilst playing kh: chain of memories also brings back extremely fond memories. oh, the sony walkman.

oh man, esau, playstation underground! such a beautiful thing.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

When I was little I'd watch my bro play through a lot of PS1 games

One of the games I can recall is...

243px-Tomba.png I remember really liking the piggies, the colours, and the catchy tunes.

When I was little I'd watch my bro play through a lot of PS1 games

One of the games I can recall is...

243px-Tomba.png I remember really liking the piggies, the colours, and the catchy tunes.

Tomba was too hard for me, I gave up after beating 2 of the bosses. The platforming in the volcano area is like "jump to platforms you don't know exist when you start the jump."