Most Out of Character Support Convo

Kreekakon

Hey there all! I've made this thread to hear some thoughts from you guys.

It's just as the title says, share which support conversations you thought was the most out of character for one, or both of the characters in the conversation. I refrained from putting "hilariously OOC" in the title, because while most of the time it is pretty unintentionally funny to see the characters be all not themselves (EX: Owain talking like a normal person), it's not the case all of the time.

So that's it! Share the convos you think fall under this most, and preferably why.

Also try not to go too much for father-child conversations unless it's really jarring. Since those convos are copy-pasted it is extremely easy for OOC dialogue to appear, making them very easy targets.

Lucina was pretty out of character in her conversation with female (not mother) Robin. It seems that a writer decided to take Lucina's desire to protect Chrom to some silly extreme out of nowhere, especially in the B-support.

Avatar x anyone. Avatar has this bizarre tendency to suppress character traits, and Avatar-F x Chrom is a particularly painful example.

Wouldn't say anyone, (And it's less a thing with MaMU as it is with FeMU.)

...And that support SUCKED.

The S wasn't bad.

But the C-A, WTF.

...Why was it even a gender-specific support?!

Like, really, Why?!

They literally put effort into writing a worse support.

Instead of being lazy, they went and made it worse.

(Of course, ...FeMU.)

Lon'qu/Tharja. Tharja, why are you suddenly nice?

Also, a lot of the generic father supports are OOC for some characters. Like Chrom/Kjelle, Henry/Noire, Virion/Inigo, etc.

Lon'qu/Tharja. Tharja, why are you suddenly nice?

Her character is supposed to be more "Rather Dark Girl With A Good Heart Underneath It All." So her being nice in her weird way is in character. (see her supports with Donnel for details) Tharja being an outright bitch all the time is more ooc.

Her character is supposed to be more "Rather Dark Girl With A Good Heart Underneath It All." So her being nice in her weird way is in character. (see her supports with Donnel for details) Tharja being an outright bitch all the time is more ooc.

I know that, but she's usually more subtle about it.

Frederick x Tharja B-Support

Frederick seems to be a different person in his supports in general. This technically might not be the worst example but I think it is the best support to illustrate the dissonance.

Now Frederick is the guy who accused a person who was lying on the fields of being a plegian spy. How does he react when an actual Plegian admits of cursing him? And not just any Plegian but a Plegian who assaults plenty of other members of the Shepherds for convenience or even out of mere curiosity and who betrayed her country out of a whim and is very open about having no loyalty to the Shepherds whatsoever.

Well, he does absolutely nothing, of course. He merely insists that she is going to come for training but he was already doing that.

Edited by BrightBow

Laurent and Noire S support. Finding out Laurent was a masochist was completly out of left field.

That's what sparked my dislike for Laurent. He kind of redeems himself in his other supports, but I still dislike him.

Stahl and Kellam. The fact that Stahl gets so competitive towards (and insults) Kellam seems really odd.

As a point, I'd say that the biggest case of OOC support...

Owain-MU [Father]

Puts a character who isn't even in the support as hilariously Out of Character.

Namely Grima.

Hello Plot Hole!

You mean with the whole

Owain's father dies in a Risen attack but the children think Avatar dies with Chrom at Grima's Table?

You mean with the whole

Owain's father dies in a Risen attack but the children think Avatar dies with Chrom at Grima's Table?

AKA: Did I mean -THE- Single largest plothole in the entire game?

Yes.

Which they -try- to cover by stating he was never heard from again instead of killed.

But that opens another plothole and puts Grima hilariously out of character.

...as the Risen attack can only have occurred after the point where Robin already became Grima.

Especially if Robin was never heard from again after the attack. (Which if the attack happened beforehand, would render the events where Chrom was killed impossible.) Which... those were the events that triggered the Apocolypse. Nope. Not the case.

As a point, I'd say that the biggest case of OOC support...

Owain-MU [Father]

Puts a character who isn't even in the support as hilariously Out of Character.

Namely Grima.

Hello Plot Hole!

AKA: Did I mean -THE- Single largest plothole in the entire game?

Yes.

Which they -try- to cover by stating he was never heard from again instead of killed.

But that opens another plothole and puts Grima hilariously out of character.

...as the Risen attack can only have occurred after the point where Robin already became Grima.

Especially if Robin was never heard from again after the attack. (Which if the attack happened beforehand, would render the events where Chrom was killed impossible.) Which... those were the events that triggered the Apocolypse. Nope. Not the case.

It's not really out of character unless you assume everything happens exactly as it does in the current time line. I'd cite the Shadow and Angra Mainyu from Fate/Stay Night. Going to keep this as spoiler free as possible, but still spoiler tagging it anyway.

Before its vessel snapped and accepted Angra Mainyu, its power seeped out of the Vessel in the form of the Shadow, which the Vessel had no recollection of (even though it was physically the vessel still). This could also be where the Risen come from in that support, allowing Robin to still be himself by have the Risen exist. He then meets up with Chrom at some later date without ever being able to reunite with Owain and Lissa, and the events of the Dragon's Table occur.

Or, you know, Validar and Aversa do their thing and summon Risen themselves somehow.