Adding data to the wiki (and about the Wiki in general)

Tables

After seeing that there exists enemy data for Awakening Lunatic mode in a google doc spreadsheet or two, I went to go and add the data into the wiki. Only there's a problem with that:

I can't edit because I need to be logged in. I don't have an account

I can't make an account because account creation was disabled over a year ago

So I can't contribute to the wiki. In fact, the wiki is kinda stagnant - very few people can add details to it, and at the moment it's less of a wiki and more of a loose collection of extra details not directly available on, but often linked from, the main site. Now to me this seems like kinda a shame, since getting that data - and perhaps a few other things - up somewhere would be nice, and I've got the spare time to add that currently. So perhaps it's time to reinstate the ability to make accounts? Perhaps all it really needs is a captcha and whatever to prevent spambots and potential vandalism, and it should be good (but I'm not expert)?

(Also Vincent check your PMs every once in a while, please...)

Enemy data is always welcome and I can set you up with a wiki account if necessary.

At the moment, the wiki isn't intended to be a wiki, but more of a means for people to submit their own content. If anything, it's more of a stopgap until we find a better way to let people submit ^^

I think a full blown wiki would be nice, but it would require too much management and quality control (or lack of). Plus it kind of puts us in direct competition with the two FE wikis that already exist.

Without spoiling too much, in the near future, we're going to fiddle with the website a little. So that might be a good time to work on a new replacement for the wiki or better integration for it.

Also, sorry about the PMs. I do get quite a few, so they get lost easily >___<

I'm looking through them now and was it about FE13's average stats?

I had some ideas about it, but I've kind of forgotten them now. With the way Reclass works, I would probably have to simplify them a lot or do something complicated, which I probably can't do by myself because I know next to nothing about website coding.

Well, okay then. If you could set me up with an account (username Tables) that'd be great.

For average, I'd think the javascript like table you have for max stats and growth rates the like would be the best way to go about it. You could have at the top for each (non-child) character's page a set of drop down boxes:

Class: X  Class Change at level: Y
Class: Z  Class Change at level: W
And so on. Then do the calculations from there. I don't know Javascript, so I dunno how much I could do towards it anymore (I think I was a little overeager before...)

First thing I notice:

Welcome to the Beta site for Serenes Forest! We are still very much working on this and hope to roll it out as the primary site relatively soon.

From March 2013.

Yeah I know these things sometimes take longer than expected, but... ah well.

Edited by Tables

First thing I notice:

From March 2013.

Yeah I know these things sometimes take longer than expected, but... ah well.

Oh, that wasn't when that was actually written. That was the date that the project was first started. That message is actually edited from the "Hello World" post that shows up when you first setup the software we're using. lol I just didn't bother to change the date.

Edit: I updated the date to when that was actually written, now. lmao

The support log sticks out as the other big thing that needs doing. I've also got a lot of free time and would be happy to help.

I'd definitely appreciate the help and I know some people want it completed too ^^

I think the wiki works again now, so if you need a wiki account, just let me know (or I'll come and find you when I've finished sorting some stuff out).