Recommend me some RPGs.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breath of Fire is a good one. Mostly just the second game, but...

BREATH OF FIRE IV IS THE BEST GAME IN THE SERIES I WILL FITE YOU.

Srsly, OP, play Breath of Fire IV, its gr9.

When I played Secret of Mana(barely) the grating music got to me and I couldn't bear playing anymore. I'll go back listening to something else though. Evermore was real cool though.

You sadden me. Secret of Mana has awesome 16 bit music goodness.

Actually in all honesty play FF6

You can kill Jesus

It also has a pretty good story

Speaking of god-killing, play Xenogears. Its a awkward after disk 1 but the story is something to behold.

BREATH OF FIRE IV IS THE BEST GAME IN THE SERIES I WILL FITE YOU.

Srsly, OP, play Breath of Fire IV, its gr9.

We are now best friends. Everyone I know sucks BoF III's dick like it's the second coming, but IV was the most underappreciated JRPG released then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTX5UzFI0WU

muh childhood

What kinds of RPGs do you like OP? There are a bunch for any kind, asking us to just list off great ones is gonna make us leave a bunch out

SMT: Nocturne

SMT: Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2

Dragon's Dogma

eh sorry i would have to disagree with DDS1. the constant random encounters get annoying and the game just gets really repetitive.

SMT is all about random encounters, dude. DDS is pretty tame when it comes to many SMT games. I wouldn't recommend it for first-comers, I'd tell them to play Persona 3 and 4 first, but I think they're not too repetitive.

Obligatory persona 2,3 or 4 recommendation.

in a nutshell, 2 is old school.

4 is the easiest to get into.

3 has you shooting yourself in the head to make demons come out and fight for you. I shit you not this actually happens.

Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen

Ogre Battle: Person of a lordly caliber

Paper Mario

Radiata Stories

The Tales of Series

Star Ocean Till the End of time

Dragon Quest V and VIII in particular

All Final Fantasies

Destiny of an Emperor

Earthbound.

I could go on

you need to play this game

Ein pls go

That's a major complaint I hear about PURSEOWNERS a lot though. That and WAIFUS.

But they're some of the most accessible SMT titles I guess, so...

That's a major complaint I hear about PURSEOWNERS a lot though. That and WAIFUS.

But they're some of the most accessible SMT titles I guess, so...

How are they more accessible. Personas are just as grind heavy as other SMT titles and the mechanics and general knowing how to defeat your enemy is about the same.

At least the DDS and Nocturne games have dungeons that are actually challenging and don't stop you from actually exploring the world for the most part for hours on end every other hour.

If anything it's the story, i guess, and characters, i guess, that draw people in more when it comes to Persona but even those aspects are fairly weak and straight forward.

How are they more accessible. Personas are just as grind heavy as other SMT titles and the mechanics and general knowing how to defeat your enemy is about the same.

At least the DDS and Nocturne games have dungeons that are actually challenging and don't stop you from actually exploring the world for the most part for hours on end every other hour.

If anything it's the story, i guess, and characters, i guess, that draw people in more when it comes to Persona but even those aspects are fairly weak and straight forward.

The story, characters, and presentation are far more appealing in persona games than in mainline smt games. They are therefore more accessible. You answered your own question. Good job.