Restart on bad lvl ups

GrySun

I don't bother resetting on bad level ups most of the time, but I might intervene if a certain character absolutely refuses to get a certain stat.

I'm usually too impatient of a player to bother restarting for bad level ups, at least in a casual run. Additionally, too many good levels make the games too easy for me.

So do you ever restart when you get a good level up?

if im playing just for fun the only time i'll reset is if someone dies

bad levels are pretty hirlarious, or just irregularities are pretty funny in general. I once had a Gilliam with more Resistance and speed than defence!

One or two stats not really and I don't think I ever reset in battle because of bad level ups. When it's literally no status increase for BEXP in FE9, yes.

Although experiencing something like this is nightmare fuel.

bevj6pT.gif

Maybe if it's a really bad bonus exp level up sure, or if it's the beginning of a chapter and a character isn't doing so well and they get a bad level up maybe. Typically though I don't. Most of these games aren't strategically difficult enough to warrant restarting because your character got 2 less stat ups than you wanted, however I understand the desire to want your units to do well.

All the fucking time lol.

I'm trying to wean myself off doing it though, but there's a monster inside of me that goes nuts when he sees a HP Skill level.

bevj6pT.gif

This is one of the reasons I prefer RD over PoR - This can't happen in RD (unless you've capped every stat).

Edited by NinjaMonkey

One or two stats not really and I don't think I ever reset in battle because of bad level ups. When it's literally no status increase for BEXP in FE9, yes.

bevj6pT.gif

That's a pretty damn good Ike though, so it doesn't hurt as much. Recently I was playing on maniac and Ike went like his first 5 levels without gaining str or def.

One of three circumstances:

1. It's the start of the level and I have little to lose,

2. I'm getting way too many in succession, or

3. I absolutely need a certain proc (usually in a good-high growth) for my strategy to work.

Ever since I started playing the FE games on GBA, I put this policy, upon myself. I mean, unless the level-ups are something like HP only...then yeah, I won't restart.

FE4's arena is fucked up enough since you can get a no HP level up on Sigurd despite the 110% HP growth.

Yep. And even then it's more of a reason to abuse the saving system. The arena is a Skinner box.

Edited by The Mysterious Fubini