Most overrated character from Awakening

Aplauserlol

Most overrated character from Awakening.   

134 members have voted

1. 1. Most overrated

• Chrom
    • Lucina
    • Robin/Avatar/My Unit
    • Owain
    • Tharja
    • Gaius
    • Cordelia
    • Inigo
    • Severa

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owain is not overated because he is funny. Don't talk crap about the sword hand. Half the reason people like Tharja is because of her looks, the other is the creepy personality. You dont really need the personality, but it brings more attention and die hard waifuists. May the great Ogrelord bless his soul.

Believe it or not half the reason people like Owain is because of looks.

Does anyone else think that Owain (and to a lesser extent Cynthia) has an obsession with becoming a hero due to PTSD from the Future Past? I mean, they've come from a world where it takes heroic acts just to survive the day, and I can definitely see him cracking under the stress. Initially all of his theatrics were a way to relieve the tension, but upon coming to the past and having nothing to do, he started taking them way too seriously and went crazy. Owain is like one of those war veterans who unfortunately can't re-adapt to civilian society and consequently goes off the wall. Not to say he's any less annoying -"Down, sword hand!"- but it makes you think.

I consider Robin a lord, personally. And I felt he/she deserved to be in Smash over any other Awakening rep because unlike Chrom and Lucina, he/she's not a blue-haired sword user and had potential for a unique moveset because magic. And Sakurai made the smart decision and did this. ^^ Plus I liked Robin the most out of the three anyway!

I voted Tharja simply because she's my most hated character in the game, but I find her, Owain, Lucina, and Chrom to all be overrated to some extent.

I agree with that list you compiled. Even though I love Owain to pieces, I recognize that he is overrated.

Lucina and Chrom are kind of boring in general. (GASP I actually said Chrom is boring. I love him and all, but as a solid character on his own without being with someone (as in romantically wise and without Emmeryn, he is kind of dull.)

Edited by Subsonic

I positively despise Lucina.

Edit: TAKE SEVERA OFF THE POLL, RIGHT NOW. SHE'S LIKE THE ONLY THING I LIKED ABOUT AWAKENING.

Found the Severa fanboy. Edited by Rovan