Are there any weapons that are more/less effective in Awakening then in previous games?

UnknownUber

I'd sat pretty much all the regalia are less effective in Awakening relative to their original games (exceptions being the Gradivus and Sol Katti).

I think that's stretching it a bit. The Jugdral holy weapons were notably toned down, but I'd say the Archanean regalia are not significantly worse than their originals.

I think that's stretching it a bit. The Jugdral holy weapons were notably toned down, but I'd say the Archanean regalia are not significantly worse than their originals.

Having taken a second look, I actually agree - Hauteclere and Parthia got buffed, and the Gradivus and Mercurius are more-or-less the same.

Forged effective weapons may be more effective than in FE11 and 12 because you can get easy money from DLCs.

Thrown weapons have been better.

I dunno about that... both those games had the great and mighty WIN SPEAR, whereas this game imposed a hard limit on forging.

I guess Brave weapons are way more effective for three reasons. One being that another strike is another opportunity to trigger some hax skill but also because those additional attacks can just as easily trigger dual strikes regardless of the weapon that the partner is carrying. But most importanly, they can be bought in unlimited quantity. Normally they are unique and even in the DS online shop they were still limited.

Most of the utlimate weapons are less effective. They are far from being useless but they fail to be as superior as their status imples. Generally their offensive power can be matched by forges while their accuracy is inferior before forges are even factored in. And Brave weapons are just plain superior either way. And unlike Braves, they are still unique. Some of them even require the bonus box in order to be obtained at all.

I guess Brave weapons are way more effective for three reasons. One being that another strike is another opportunity to trigger some hax skill but also because those additional attacks can just as easily trigger dual strikes regardless of the weapon that the partner is carrying. But most importanly, they can be bought in unlimited quantity. Normally they are unique and even in the DS online shop they were still limited.

Most of the utlimate weapons are less effective. They are far from being useless but they fail to be as superior as their status imples. Generally their offensive power can be matched by forges while their accuracy is inferior before forges are even factored in. And Brave weapons are just plain superior either way. And unlike Braves, they are still unique. Some of them even require the bonus box in order to be obtained at all.

I'd honestly say that needing the bonus box is nothing relative to Hauteclere and Excalibur, which require Double Duel to get (particularly Excalibur, which requires taking on THAT). But yeah, I'd agree that when compared to their original appearances, most of the regalia aren't as good (the only ones that don't suffer from this are either Archanean regalia, or are the Sol Katti, which evades this simply because it was practically useless in its original appearance).

Also, Levin Swords and Bolt Axes are better here relative to other appearances. Considering that the only unit who could use the latter even remotely efficiently was the guy you had to kill to even get it in the first place, and the former pretty much required reclassing a unit into Mage, then reclassing them into Swordmaster, or using Spirit Dust that would be better used elsewhere to get any mileage out of them.... yeah. Low power (in Shadow Dragon) didn't help.

Edited by Levant Caprice