Brawl really WAS more of a Kirby game with other Nintendo characters.

Anacybele

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't know, but if you have an N64 you could get it for a decent price used.

I do, but I kind of don't like using it anymore on account of it being in sorta bad shape. My brothers and I had played that thing to death and nowadays it's hard to get any game to start up on it. I keep it as a collectable and for nostalgia, really.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, it was the only Kirby game I could get that wasn't either A) a $35 3DS title or B) a really old outdated GB game (I was looking on the eShop). I wanted to start off with something newer than GB games. And I didn't want to spend $35 on a title that I could end up disliking entirely.

The ones I already suggested

Kirby SuperStar/Ultra (SNES or NDS) and Kirby's Adventure/Nightmare In Dreamland (NES or GBA) you can already find as a bargain or VC.

The ones I already suggested

Kirby SuperStar/Ultra (SNES or NDS) and Kirby's Adventure/Nightmare In Dreamland (NES or GBA) you can already find as a bargain or VC.

Huh? Amazing Mirror was the only GBA game I saw in the eShop's list out of either the 3DS or Wii U.

And I just remembered, Nintendo disabled wifi for the Wii anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

I can see now that I think about it, SSE is like Kirby (both combat-based side scrollers with a variety of abilities and enemies, and little platforming challenge), but I wouldn't go as far as to say they're the exact same, much less the entire game being similar

Well, it's just that in every part of the game I played, the SSE was the first thing to come to mind.

You also lack a frame of reference beyond those two games for their genre

So it's pretty easy to see why only the SSE comes to mind when you played the Amazing Mirror ~o3o~

why no one say squeak squad

i never played it.

sse is a really boring kirby game. like epic yarn. sse is shit (mostly), and i really hope that if they're going to do an adventure mode, it's not going to be anything like that.

melee > brawl > 64. now that's a fact!

It may have had some Kirby characters more prominently featured, but I don't really care, because it worked for the gameplay. This is entirely subjective but I feel like SSE was pretty good for what it was. As for the Amazing Mirror thing, without a Flash Gordon, there wouldn't be a Star Wars.

Well, I forgot to mention one more thing Smash has in common with Kirby besides SSE stuff and all that: Master Hand. He attacks exactly the same way too. And boy was he more of a pain in the arse to beat in Amazing Mirror. >.>

Edited by Anacybele

What? This style of Singleplayer ~experience~ is pretty much standard for fighting games. I remember Soul Calibour 3 being just the same. And it was just like almost all Castlevanias, with the sidescrolling and enemies.

This was definitely not taken from Kirby. It's a genre standard.

But yeah, I see that I'm the only one bothered by this whole thing. I've also heard that Smash Run is supposed to be like Kirby Air Ride. I hope it's not another blatant copy. I mean, being a little similar is fine, but completely copying another game, even if it's your own? Just...I find that boring.

Completely awestruck that this bothers anyone, honestly. Smash Run is like City something in Air Ride in that you collect powerups. It's the entire reason the powerup system was made, because it was like the mode in Air Ride. It's more of an homage than "copying". But like, he pours countless days and hours into making these games awesome and fun and you complain they're a little like another game he made?