Overrated and underrated Fire Emblem games.

Jiac

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 : getting bashed around a lot lately but it was pretty good for its time, so under

2 : under

3 : probably over in Japan and udner everywhere else

4 : used to be over

5 : it has a vocal minority that praise it to heaven but not much haters, it's about right

6 : it's about right, the game doesn't deserve too much praise

7 : over in the West

8 : -

9 : -

10 : under

11 : over

12 : over

13 : over

Overrated: Awakening, FE7

Underrated: PoR, RD (in general though, not among FE fans only. I feel these two were limited by poor marketing and production and really need another chance given the good reviews they got)

Don't get me wrong, I really like Awakening and it's my second favorite 3DS title. I just don't think it deserves so much of the hype and attention it gets.

Edited by Anacybele

There are no overrated FE games.

^^^

I don't really think there are even any really bad FE games except FE1 due to age.

I guess for underrated there's FE11. It's not a perfect game and there's a lot wrong with it, but I don't think people give it enough credit. It does a lot to modernize FE1/3b1, and the localization is fantastic.

Also I think FE3 is pretty great. In fact I prefer it to FE12.

Awakening is far to overrated I mean really it takes up 3/4 of google search results for fire emblem. And as for underrated most likely Thracia 776 most people through it aside because "everyone" says it difficult or Gaiden because people like me can't stand how old and outdated it is even though its still pretty good.

Overrated: FE13 and FE7

Underrated: FE4 ((used to be overrated but all it ever gets is hate now and thats ridiculous tbh))

This topic invites a can of worms to be opened

Awakening is definitely overrated. I like awakening, especially the characters and the new pair up system, but in other ways, it's a step back

Radiant Dawn is only somewhat underrated, and I like radiant dawn, but it's kind of a sprawling mess. It's a deviously fun challenge though unlike awakening's lunatic mode

I think I'd say Awakening is overrated, but since it got its own flaw (the plot, I don't play the game, just watched reviews and forums), I take it back. We should be grateful that Awakening is that popular, lest you want no more FE

I love how in overrated topics people always talk about popularity and not what they were critically rated.

So for overrated I say awakening, having around 9s across the board I thibk us giving it too much credit. I'd give it,like, an 8. And I'm not gonna speak for underrated Since I don't know how other FEs were scored.

Awakening isn't as bad as it's haters make it out to be.

Awakening isn't as good as it's fans make it out to be.

Awakening takes both spots simultaneously.

Though otherwise, I'd say 4 is overrated, it's no doubt genuinely fun, but it has faults (infantry, why would I want that?). 11 is underrated, the developers were high on meth when making some design choices, but it's not super bad, and it has decent graphics.

Sadly, with both 11 and 12 translated, not as many people will enjoy the sickeningly sweet pleasure of 3.

Edited by Knight

Underrated: Sacred Stones (It has such a nice story and interesting villains and heroes)

Overrated: For me personally, 9 had the most boring storytelling and hero. Elincia is cool, but Ike is really boring.