[Spoilers]SSB4 Leaks Discussion

Pull My Devil Trigger

Sad to not see Roy (was doubtful), Snake and Mewtwo (was hopeful for both). Wolf being cut is also a letdown, I had fun with him in Brawl.

The roster is fine as it is though, I think. It looks fun and really quite varied. Can't wait to try every character out and find my SSB4 mains.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If dlc does happen (which knowing this franchise it won't) I think we should hold out hope a little longer for our cut friends.

Personally I think the roster has a lot of good choices but it just takes a few bad apples to ruin it. Sadly this seems to be the case for many people. More power to the people who like the roster but I can also sympathize with the people who find it lacking.

My personal opinion? Well, let me say that, despite the fact Wolf was my main in Brawl, I didn't see him coming back. To finally see him deconfirmed did make me sad for a few seconds, then I quickly remembered how fantastic this roster is. Also, considering I was indifferent about Ice Climbers throughout Melee and Brawl (great inclusion, not gonna lie), not seeing them in this roster did make me feel awkward. But hey, we technically got a new NES rep with Duck Hunt Dog. And that is a brilliant segway to comment on the great newcomers, in my opinion

So, 49 characters (including all the Mii characters in one here), 15 of those being newcomers. There's a great variety here, and I love all the different play styles each offer. Great blend of retro and new characters

If I had to force out a gripe, it would be that a small part of me does think that Charizard shouldn't be in. But that's just me and my great distaste towards it. People like Charizard (and, to a lesser extent, Mega Charizard X. Really wish his final smash also included his Y form), so it doesn't upset me

Regarding clones: they don't take away anything from the rest of the roster. They expanded the roster in their own way--and I like them for that. And hey, if someone likes those characters, then that's brilliant for them. I'm stoked for Lucina myself (26% damage with an uncharged up smash is awesome)

Overall, 9/10. It's not my perfect roster, but it's fantastic nonetheless. Let's hope for 2020, when Ridley comes in as a playable character

Edited by DodgeDusk

People complaining about how no one likes Greninja while I'm silently waving my "welcome back Dr. Mario" banner in the corner watching everyone say he's an absolute waste of a spot ;-;

right there with you bruh

Mario w/o FLUDD 4 life

Actually I've seen a surprising amount of people happy about doc coming back. It's not that many, but on various websites I go to there's usually one or two people saying "oh cool, Doc is back" or something.

Dark Pit seems to be getting the brunt of the hate as far as clones go.

I mean with all the various weapons and powers from Kid Icarus Uprising they could have done some variations on Dark Pit.

Isn't like the only thing difference between Dark Pit and Pit their final smash?

Edited by Formerly ShockMaster

Streamers are playing around with custom movesets

Ganondorf's pretty neat. He actually uses his sword in one of them

9x5Fdf6.jpg

Ness's Final Smash has been changed. You now have to control where you aim the PSI StarStorm

Edited by kingddd

In his reveal trailer? lol

I agree that Kid Icarus got too much bias and that's why I didn't like Dark Pit's inclusion despite that I'm neutral to the character himself. Also, FE seems to have been shafted yet again in the item department. Sakurai, come on now. :(

I just want to see with my own eyes how they play, along with their FS in its entirety :/

As for FE items, what would you think to be a suitable item? A javelin? A tome? There aren't really many, if any items in FE that can be seen as remarkable tbh, but it'd still be nice.

Shit, now that I think about it, a lance would be nice

Why would Sakurai include a vulnerary item when we already have the Heart Container, Maxim Tomato and Fairy items that do the same thing?

Because he's fine with adding multiple healing items?

I'd love a Hand Axe that functions like Link or Toon Link's boomerang (except, you know, an axe), but we already got a boomerang item in the form of the Boomerang Bros. boomerang (If I recall correctly).

I just think a boomerang axe in Smash would be awesome...

Anyone know where I can find footage of Robin?

Bunch of online videos being uploaded already. Just filter your searches with today or this week.

Edit:

Every Single Final Smash

Edited by kingddd

...Ike's Japanese voice makes him sound like a kid. Seriously, a big beefy guy like him is gonna sound manly and deep! He's not one of your bishies. xP But still loving those blue flames. :D

i disagree with that assessment entirely haha.

that's the first real video i've seen of gameplay. i'm not sure what i was expecting, but i'm kinda sad it controls more like brawl than melee. :(

also that final smash video is amazing. hopefully they made changes to how mario's works, because his was absolute garbage in brawl.

confirmed zero suit samus is the new snake

Edited by Phoenix Wright

...Ike's Japanese voice makes him sound like a kid. Seriously, a big beefy guy like him is gonna sound manly and deep! He's not one of your bishies. xP But still loving those blue flames. :D

Goku's Japanese voice would like a word with you.

Goku's Japanese voice would like a word with you.

I believe I've heard it before, actually. But Goku doesn't even sound deep in English, nor does he look that manly to me except when he goes Super Saiyan, so he's an exception to my "big beefy guys should have deep manly voices" belief. :P

I'm usually not a fan of Japanese voices anyway though. Either the females sound too high-pitched and squeaky and burn my ears or the males sound kiddie. Generally. Not counting actual children here, of course.