Shiny Gengar, Diancie events for US in October and November!

Anacybele

The other event Pokemon thread is dead since the last post was from over a month ago, so I made a separate thread for this. We're finally getting Diancie and it's just before OR/AS comes out, so people will be able to transfer their Diancie right away to gain its Mega form.

Both events are at GameStop and are obtained through serial codes. The shiny Gengar will be holding a Gengarite and will be available from Oct. 13 to Oct. 26. Diancie will be available from Oct. 27 to Nov. 16.

The serial codes are unique and for single use.

Details here.

Just YAY DIANCIE!! I'm starting to find more and more reasons to get Alpha Sapphire all of a sudden. But I like that. :) I would've gone for a shiny Pumpkaboo instead for a Halloween event, but Gengar is still a ghost, so...

Edited by Anacybele

Europe is getting these Pokemon too and obviously Japan got them ages ago.

Actually, America, Japan and Europe are all getting Shiny Gengar at the same time

As for the serial code business, I assume Nintendo didn't want to bother distributing distribution carts in case they get stolen and because of cost reasons. Plus serial codes are pretty easy to use, assuming you can find a reliable internet connection.

Edited by VincentASM

C

RAGE.I wonder if they might release them over Wi-fi for other countries.*CoughCanadaCough*I really want a Diance,and I'm not in the mood of buying an AR to get one.

You can go to EBGames for Gamestop events in Canada, they're the same company after all! At least I think that's how I remember it working...

You can go to EBGames for Gamestop events in Canada, they're the same company after all! At least I think that's how I remember it working...

...I don't have an EBGames or Gamestop...If only I were still in Metro Vancover/Fraser Valley.

Thanks for letting me know.

I'll get these for sure. ^_^

Serial Codes are the same used for cheating devices which we all can just hack the game to get it. lol

But...I want to get mine legitimately like I do with most of my legendaries..

Edited by PuffPuff

I already have my perfect shiny gengar from when before pokedit went down, but yes, always nice to have another gengarite and shiny to trade with.

But I'm not sure I have the patience to keep resetting for a good diancie....can you even do that with a serial code???

Yeah, serial code events can be reset; I do it all the time since I'm a massive perfectionist.

Only Pokemon Link events (eg. Pokemon Bank Celebi) can't be reset.

Resetting for Diancie wouldn't be a pain if it wasn't for the long conversation that follows afterwards. 3 guaranteed perfect IVs and all.

Yeah, serial code events can be reset; I do it all the time since I'm a massive perfectionist.

Only Pokemon Link events (eg. Pokemon Bank Celebi) can't be reset.

Resetting for Diancie wouldn't be a pain if it wasn't for the long conversation that follows afterwards. 3 guaranteed perfect IVs and all.

Oh, I see. Hmm, it might be worth it then, at least for a good nature if I can't get all the IVs.....:>

Huh? Serial codes are legitimate events..

I can sort of see where they're coming from, but I agree: serial codes and cheat codes are nothing alike.

Their only similarities are that they're both codes and both insert a Wonder Card into your game. However they function completely differently.

But if you look at the end product, it's the same thing (except AFAIK you can't change the received date with hacked Wonder Cards). So, er, each to their own, I guess?

• 3 weeks later...

Is Canada getting them?!

If we're getting them the same way we're got the pinsirite/heracronite, it's the same as not getting them. I never received the September newsletter that was supposed to grant me the item.

I've just received my Shiny Gengarx2 today. :D

You need a game card that they give to you (That should have the serial code that you scratch it off) as you cannot download them wirelessly there anymore. Just waiting to get Diancie now as I can use them in my Omega Ruby and Sapphire games!

Edited by PuffPuff

• 2 weeks later...
7hEr1X.jpg

9pti.jpg

What?!

As if Nintendo will allow them to confinscate your Pokemon that YOU have got and rightfully earned. Even so, pick either option and the outcome will be the same. If you refuse...you'll get the bottom pics afterwards. If you say Yes, they say that your glad that you understand and this other butler will stop them and tell them to find his Diancie and that Diancie has saved the sick and injured many times. Either way, the outcome will be the same!

jLp7GH.jpg

sJJovB.jpg

:D

mlMcfx.jpg

So it's the 151 Pokemon of the Kalos region. No...I didn't get the Pokedex upgrade.

c8omP2.gif

Diamond Storm

s8W2ZE.gif

Calm Mind+Moonblast

I just had to rip these and animate them as Nintendo did a nice job on these attacks as this makes her the queen of the moon! Pick up your Diancie today.

Edited by PuffPuff

Oh, I got like six of the from my GameStop. I was in there to get Fantasy Life and they were just like "Take all of them!" since it was the last day for it.

I can PM you (and anyone else for that matter) the code for one if you want ~o3o~