Does anyone use the Japanese voice acting?

Grima's Hero

So does anyone actually use the Japanese voice option? I do occasionly, but rarely. For me, it's just confusing trying to hear what they have to say, they sound more badass when I can actually understand what they're saying, IMO.

Also, am I the only one having this problem? I set the voice acting to Japanese, then the game randomly sets it back to English, out of nowhere. And then, back to Japanese. Never happens if I keep it on English, though.

I've tried both and I have to say, the JP cast for this game is fuckin' stellar. Some of the dub VA's put in a good preformance too but overall I definitely have to lean to JP.

In particular there are a few that I feel don't fit all that well with the characters in Eng; Fred somewhat loses his prim nature with his dub va, Sumia doesn't sound as wobbly and unsure of herself, etc. The funny thing is, a lot of the JP cast I'm not particularly a fan of usually, but most of them feel bang on here, so props to the voice director having a clear vision.

(There is really no contest when you consider that Miyuki Sawashiro is an option in JP. The only way this game could be better is if you could let her voice the male Robin too.)

Nein.

I like things in a language i can understand or get the gist of. Plus, some of Japanese voices are far too squeaky for my tastes.

The level of Japanese in this game is beyond basic when it comes to just banter in this game; I can barely hold a conversation in JP but I understand like 90% of the things anyone is saying most of the time.

Edited by Irysa

(There is really no contest when you consider that Miyuki Sawashiro is an option in JP. The only way this game could be better is if you could let her voice the male Robin too.)

She voices the Boku 2 option for Male MU in the JP copy.

Duuuuuuude. :(

Man rey, how much stuff did they cut out from JP to ENG? That legit makes me sad, haha. I would have liked to have had that MUte option too. ;_;

Edited by Irysa

The level of Japanese in this game is beyond basic when it comes to just banter in this game; I can barely hold a conversation in JP but I understand like 90% of the things anyone is saying most of the time.

That still implies that you know some level of basic japanese

you can't expect everyone in a non-japanese-speaking-country to know any amount of Japanese at all

Man rey, how much stuff did they cut out from JP to ENG?

Not really that much.

The major cut was the fourth voices for each gender (Atashi 2 and Boku 2 respectively) and the mute option.

This is due to the fact that each gender had 2 sets of personal pronoun scripts in the game:

Male:

1) Boku

2) Ore

Female:

1) Watashi

2) Atashi

And then one script for the mute for either gender where the characters talk for them.

English version obviously only had... 1 Male and 1 Female.

And then there's the streetpass bug. And Tharja's ass censorship.

But that's really it.

I hate a lot of the English voices, they really ruin the character. 8U I think Inigo sounds the worst out of all the English cast, his voice is too damn deep and ugly. Call me a weeb-in-training, but I always prefer the Japanese voices over English dubs.

English voices all day every day. I can't stand Sumia and Olivia's Japanese voices, and even if they weren't so bad (IMO) I'd still stick with English because the English voices are pretty stellar, and I'd take a good English dub over a good Japanese Dub any day of the week.

I't actually more of a half-and half situation for me. With earlier characters like Frederick and Chrom, I'm used to their Japanese voices. This is because I always turned it to Japanese when I was starting. Later on, I stopped caring, so I'm used to the English voices of later characters, like Henry and Say'ri.

That still implies that you know some level of basic japanese

you can't expect everyone in a non-japanese-speaking-country to know any amount of Japanese at all

Good gods, this. Seriously wish weebs would stop getting on my shit for not knowing Japanese. Its not something i study or have much experience with. Even when i watched anime, it was always dubs and with subs, id just focus on the subtitles. Besides, the English stuff is really hilarious. "See how my mustache moves in the wind!!"

Okay okay, sorry. I didn't mean to come off that way <_<

It's just that I've never bothered to ever actively learn anything about the language and still found most of the dialogue easy to follow since the vast majority of voicework is just stuff that's reiterated in entry level anime or weeb games frequently.