Does anyone use the Japanese voice acting?

Grima's Hero

It's actually voice only. He never says that in the dialogue, he just has a voice clip for it.

And it's glorious. One of my battle save files is permanently dedicated to a save right before him.

Oh, I forgot that I also usually turn the voices back to English for Cht.1 to hear Marth's minor gaffe. Only sometimes though, it gets old a lot quicker than Cervantes (for those who don't remember/know, when Marth is introducing himself, the voice clips go "You may call me Marth." "Really?" "No.").

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

For once I use english dubs whenever I watch like an anime or something I watch it in Japanese because English VAs are often cringe-worthy but in this game the English VA is actually really good and none of the voices bother me (Also Japanese voice probably doesn't have "Enter the Vaike")

I play with Japanese voices on 90% of the time. The dub for this game is probably the best dub I've ever heard, but the japanese is still better IMO. Plus, I'm starting to learn Japanese as a hobby so figuring out what the characters are saying is fun. The Japanese is especially better when:

1) Donny is talking. I unfortunately live very close to the Ozarks and am of the opinion that the only thing more annoying than an Ozark accent is a fake Ozark accent.

2) Virion is talking. That is quite possibly the most fake French accent I have ever heard.

3) Inigo is talking. It's not bad, but extremely unfitting.

However, I actually like the English better in a couple of places:

1) Sumia's voice. The Japanese version is pretty high pitched.

2) Olivia's voice. Same as above.

3) The last few seconds of "Marth No More". I like Lucy's Japanese voice better in general, but when she goes "O-tou-sama! WAHHHHHHH!!!!!" It's downright painful with headphones. The slow fadeout after "Father!" makes the scene more moving to me too.

4) "Pick a god and prey!" 'Nuff said.

I'm starting my first Lunatic/Classic run pretty soon, and I'm going to keep English on the whole time just to hear what they're like.

I't actually more of a half-and half situation for me. With earlier characters like Frederick and Chrom, I'm used to their Japanese voices. This is because I always turned it to Japanese when I was starting. Later on, I stopped caring, so I'm used to the English voices of later characters, like Henry and Say'ri.

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me. Another reason I don't use Japanese, Henry. I could easily assume he was girl.

I play with Japanese voices on 90% of the time. The dub for this game is probably the best dub I've ever heard, but the japanese is still better IMO. Plus, I'm starting to learn Japanese as a hobby so figuring out what the characters are saying is fun. The Japanese is especially better when:

1) Donny is talking. I unfortunately live very close to the Ozarks and am of the opinion that the only thing more annoying than an Ozark accent is a fake Ozark accent.

For the record, you don't have to go to Alabama to find a thick country accent. Donny's is actually fairly light compared to some of the people I know (my family included). If Donny annoys you I highly suggest you never go to any part of the south, like at all.

I play the game almost exclusively with Japanese VAs. They just sound better to me.

Both English Morgans sound a bit deep for my tastes. But I do have to give the English dub props. I prefer Miriel's English VA over her Japanese counterpart. I also think they nailed it with Severa's English VA.

I play with Japanese voices 95% of the time, and I switch the languages when I boot up the game outta habit now lol. The other 5% is when I don't play with audio and I'm too lazy to fix the bug. I find the Japanese voices to suit my tastes better, but I really loved Gregor's English voice.

I've used the Japanese Voice option once, and I thought it was nice, though the English voice acting is actually pretty good too so I tend to just default to that.

Is that part even voiced in English?

Its like Czar said, its ONLY VOICED. There is no text of that. But it only occurs if you fight Cervantes with Chrom. He doesnt say it with any other character.

And it's glorious.

And how!

2) Virion is talking. That is quite possibly the most fake French accent I have ever heard.

3) Inigo is talking. It's not bad, but extremely unfitting.

Donnel sounds like Larry the Cable Guy to me.

Virion's French accent is cringe-worthy but im also not a fan of that accent in general but "ONE FOR THE BARDS!" is freaking worth it.

Inigo sounds skeevy and i love it.

Its like Czar said, its ONLY VOICED. There is no text of that. But it only occurs if you fight Cervantes with Chrom. He doesnt say it with any other character.

And how!

Donnel sounds like Larry the Cable Guy to me.

Virion's French accent is cringe-worthy but im also not a fan of that accent in general but "ONE FOR THE BARDS!" is freaking worth it.

Inigo sounds skeevy and i love it.

Woah, wait, Virion's accent is supposed to be French?

*listens to a few voice clips*

...Damn. I can kind of hear how he was sort of supposed to sound French. But damn.

I see no reason why I would want to play with Japanese voices when only a select few bring great performances. Characters like Nowi, Olivia, Sumia, Donnel, Ricken and Libra use tropes to fit their voices, and they all want me to go deaf.

My only complain in the English dub is that I can recognize Vaike's, Ricken's, Inigo's, Lucina's, Chrom's, Frederick's, and several other voice actors from other work they've done, and it kinda kills the vibe. Also Cynthia has the worst voice actor in this version.

Both dubs share the same voice casts, and I can tell who share's who's voice actor(ess) pretty easily.

In the end, I lean towards the voice I can fully understand; English.

You won't see any Japanese from me. I like both of them, but the inconvenience of the voice bug makes me stick with English voices most of the time.

For some reason, I can't bring myself to hate anything. Ever. It's a problem of mine. I seriously can't hate any of the voices in either version. (except Japanese!Henry, but that phase has long since passed)

Fuck. Outta. Here. Inb4 Sawashiro bias.

The dub for this game is fucking stellar.

Sam Riegal, Matt Mercer, Travis Willingham, Kyle Herbert, Kaiji Tang, Daniel Judovits (Estelle is the best Sumia), Liam O Brien, Yuri Lowenthal, Kate Higgins?

Now you tell me why I would switch to JP with a bomb ass cast like that?

Sugita!Chrom and Koyasu!Lon'qu is legit the only reason I would switch to JP.

P.S. Fuck the haters, English Cynthia is perfect.

Edited by Ownagepuffs