Serenes Forest Smash Club! 3DS Friend Codes/Nintendo Network IDs, screenshots, videos, and more inside!

Anacybele

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, how did I never know that... Well, I'll go turn it off then. :P

And sure, I'll get on in a bit. Hopefully I'll learn SOMETHING eventually if I just keep on playing.

Sorry, Dotty, I realized that I first forgot to change my control scheme and then I didn't turn off tap jump even though I JUST SAID I would... My short term memory is just not good these days for some reason...

Sorry, Dotty, I realized that I first forgot to change my control scheme and then I didn't turn off tap jump even though I JUST SAID I would... My short term memory is just not good these days for some reason...

I've been using no TapJump for the entirety of Smash4, and I occasionally still (like, once every week or so) to switch to my profile.

Who using a Game Cube controller actually does use Tap Jump? X and Y feel so much more natural and up tilts are so much easier to pull off when there's no risk of accidentally jumping. First thing I did when I got Smash 4 was disable it. The fact that you can disable is unknown to some people surprises me. you could turn it off in Brawl too (as well as turn off C Stick Smash but who would turn that one off!)

The lag was tolerable. But I don't play with people that use those cheap and stupid suiciding tactics. Elie and Radiance may be okay with them, but I think they take the fun out of matches because you're just suiciding instead of actually fighting. That's why I left just now.

That Mii fight was awful... Your Mii had all the advantage with those stupidly ranged attacks and projectiles. I did okay though, I guess.

GGs overall though. That Luigi vs Mario was fun. I'm surprised I won it after your Mario just totally schooled my Dark Pit. I don't know if I feel comfortable with Dark Pit anymore though, it feels like he has too much trouble KOing people. I find that his side B is the only reliable KO move he has and it's hard to use it right. His smash attacks are too weak and I couldn't land any for the life of me...

Edited by Anacybele

The lag was tolerable. But I don't play with people that use those cheap and stupid suiciding tactics. Elie and Radiance may be okay with them, but I think they take the fun out of matches because you're just suiciding instead of actually fighting. That's why I left just now.

That Mii fight was awful... Your Mii had all the advantage with those stupidly ranged attacks and projectiles. I did okay though, I guess.

GGs overall though. That Luigi vs Mario was fun. I'm surprised I won it after your Mario just totally schooled my Dark Pit. I don't know if I feel comfortable with Dark Pit anymore though, it feels like he has too much trouble KOing people. I find that his side B is the only reliable KO move he has and it's hard to use it right. His smash attacks are too weak and I couldn't land any for the life of me...

wanna play me in smash i sent a friend request

I see... Bowser's sideB kills him first though, y'know? The fact that I was a stock ahead meant that I'd earned the right to use it safely. I wouldn't have been able to do it had we been even.

Even so, I'll refrain from using any of those moves in the future, since I'd rather not lose a Smash sparring partner.

Gunner has a lot of lag to make up for the range. I'm sure once you get used to it, you'll be able to counterplay properly.

Yeah, haha! I'm not very comfortable on the Yoshi's Island stage, so that might have had a hand in things.

Off the top of my head, Dark Pit can also kill with fThrow at the edge of the stage.

Edited by Dotty

Not cheap. You can DI bowsers Side b. If you land it, it is well deserved. Its like saying capping a little mac off is cheap, but it isnt. I think its funny thats all. Point is its not banned or refrained to do.

Edited by Radiance

I'm aware of that, Dotty, but I still never liked it. So I'm sorry about that. It's not as cheap as Kirbycide or Dededecide though. Just oh my god that's the most annoying crap ever. Just having them swallow you and then jump off the stage and that's that. -_-

Anyway, your Gunner seemed quick to me. But I don't know a lot about Mii Gunner, so yeah, I guess I just need to get used to him/her.

I've played on the Yoshi's Island stage lots of times because it's one of my favs, so I'm very comfortable with it and that might've been a factor too. :P Which reminds me, sorry about the Woolly World stage, I meant to choose the Omega version. I hit the X button, but the game didn't read it that time for some reason.

Ah, alrighty, thanks. I should go look at videos of Dark Pit and get ideas from that. Videos were the primary thing that gave me my Ike strategies, so yeah. Also, I'm SO glad I switched my Frederick Mii's up B. I don't fail so much at recovering with this new move. And I can control where it goes, kind of like the Pits' power of flight.

Edited by Anacybele

Gunners moves have good knockback base but generally poor growth, meaning that Gunner KOing isn't as easy, and its super hard to combo moves into other moves.

As far as Suicide Tactics go;

Kirby, King DDD, Bowser, Ganondorf, Diddy Kong, Wario and Donkey Kong all have them. Ganondorf is the only unit that can do a SD kill and win from it. All others die first if they full drop. I say if, because King DDD and Kirby can arguably make it bad if they don't go thaaaaat deep, but can still flub their recoveries.

Also also, pretty much everybody I have ever played with accepts the fun behind SD killing aka [Person]cide. If you don't want if to happen to you, don't get close to the edge ledge, or change up your recovery method and try to prevent it from happening. It's a viable tactic in virtually all modes of gameplay, and these moves are usually only effective if you leave yourself open to being punished by them.

Gunners moves have good knockback base but generally poor growth, meaning that Gunner KOing isn't as easy, and its super hard to combo moves into other moves.

As far as Suicide Tactics go;

Kirby, King DDD, Bowser, Ganondorf, Diddy Kong, Wario and Donkey Kong all have them. Ganondorf is the only unit that can do a SD kill and win from it. All others die first if they full drop. I say if, because King DDD and Kirby can arguably make it bad if they don't go thaaaaat deep, but can still flub their recoveries.

Also also, pretty much everybody I have ever played with accepts the fun behind SD killing aka [Person]cide. If you don't want if to happen to you, don't get close to the edge ledge, or change up your recovery method and try to prevent it from happening. It's a viable tactic in virtually all modes of gameplay, and these moves are usually only effective if you leave yourself open to being punished by them.

ike and cloud can also SD with up b as well i believe

Diddy Kong? Since when could he do that?

Also, it isn't possible to recover after those characters get you with their suiciding move. I don't know where you go, but I've seen mostly hate for the suiciding.

EDIT: That'd be very hard to pull off with Ike. His Aether doesn't always push the target straight down.

Edited by Anacybele

True, I didn't think of the downward strike for them. Ike, Cloud, Mii!Sword and Kirby can do this with their UpB, though you hafta be like riiiiight on the edge of the stage and airborne/hanging on the ledge for that go happen reliably

Diddy's SideB can connect when someone is offatage, and they both just kinda fall. It's super hard to pull off but I've had it happen to me a few times.

Ana, look up on Reddit/SmashBros, YouTube Ganondorf Montage (and read some comments), and you can see an entire world of fans of the sheer punishment dished out, hyping for more and more.

Edited by Elieson