Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Tournament Hub (Please see post #1644)

Ema Skye

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys could also chase each other up for the matches using PMs as well, it would make communication much better.

Also Skype, if possible.

.IceSage and Javeman, if you can let me know when you'll be available with times and timezones, that would be great.

horace beat me 3-1, 3-1, 3-0 ggs

do i even have to play my last match since there is no way i can advance anyways?

As I said to Elliot and Elieson who are in the same position, I'm not going to force you to fight, but I think you should because we all like a good smashing.

Raven i'm available all day tomorrow

just message me on skype whenever you're ready

Alright. I'm available from... 5-6 hours from the time of this post.

Remaining games:

LeaderR_Elliot v Elieson

Gemma22 v Redfoxoffire

Gemma22 v Febro

Gemma22 v lordraven

Redfoxoffire v lordraven

metalsnowman3 v FrostyFireMage

IceSage v Raven

IceSage v PKLucas

Raven v Javeman

PKLucas v Javeman

Don't forget that everyone needs to have Smash Balls selected and items ON - even non-hosts. Because it may well select the settings of non-host players in some of the games.

Edited by Raven

I'll be available today starting 4PM EST and all day tomorrow for those who want to go against me.

Ya guts to fight me and Lucas. If you really are available from 4pm EST (9pm my time) we can fight today.

You two didn't have to play your games since Horace and Sophi were defninitely going through, but you did anyway so kudos to you both. And yes, you're both done with this tournament now.

Groups B and D are sitting on some remaining games. And Gemma is still a no-show. Does anyone have any idea where he is, or when he will return? I'm considering leaving his spot open to someone else, especially since he hasn't played a single game yet.

If anyone is interested in taking his position and drafted characters (Kirby, Olimar, Luigi), post here.

Do you guys think a character claiming tournament would work out? Each tournament will be fought for a certain character in smash brothers. For example, if you win the Mario tournament then you get bragging rights and you know own him.

A waifu claiming tournament could work too, but half of SF loves waifus and the others hate them.

Sounds like a lot of work to me, but it's good in theory. Sadly we don't have enough active members any more to partake in such tournaments. Unless you want 8-man tournaments.

• 2 weeks later...

There have not been nearly enough active tournaments so I am going to make my own.

Crew Battle Tourney

Rules

Crews will consist of 2 people

Each will get 2 characters and 3 stocks for each per person

These are 1 vs 1 battles and it is not based on matches but on stocks

Only stages without hazards are legal

Customs allowed

No equipment

Each member of their crew must narrow their selections to 4 possible characters per person

No potato internet allowed

Single elimination

No hacking

*More rules may be added*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI2qH7Jjilg

^Crew battle in action, but ours are in brackets

I want to see whether more people can go online with the Wii U or 3DS version before deciding on the version

http://challonge.com/5rpu0uwa

^Sign up link on Challonge (Yes I fixed it)

Suggest more rules if necessary.

I want to start it Wednesday-Friday but I'll see how long it takes to get members

Keep in mind this is the first tourney I've hosted.

Edited by Craptain Falchion

Whelp, I'm already not entering. My internet's been a total crapsack for the past three months now.

Just curious, how will crews be decided?

Oh hell no, if I gotta jump through hoops to host tournies, you do too. Also your rules are kinda ambigious and you really should come up with a stage list (since you don't know which version you're doing, get one for both). Also, I really don't understand the crew thing.

Have you told Floor Ice Cream? It also can't conflict with my upcoming tourney dates (namely mine, which is during the first half of January, I'll post sign-ups on Sunday).

There have not been nearly enough active tournaments so I am going to make my own.

Crew Battle Tourney

Rules

Crews will consist of 2 people

Each will get 2 characters and 3 stocks for each per person

These are 1 vs 1 battles and it is not based on matches but on stocks

Only stages without hazards are legal

Customs allowed

No equipment

Each member of their crew must narrow their selections to 4 possible characters per person

Single elimination

No hacking

*More rules may be added*

^Crew battle in action, but ours are in brackets

I want to see whether more people can go online with the Wii U or 3DS version before deciding on the version

http://challonge.com/5rpu0uwa

^Sign up link on Challonge (Yes I fixed it)

Suggest more rules if necessary.

I want to start it Wednesday-Friday but I'll see how long it takes to get members

Keep in mind this is the first tourney I've hosted.

You'll have to take this through the approval process. Please PM me with more information about your tournament (total player count, dates, version, and more info about the crew battle style).