Scenes/lines you wish were fully voice acted?

Alastor15243

Hey, I've often come across lines, and occasionally entire scenes, that I've wished were fully voice acted instead of the little generic voice clips we get that allow us to sort of imagine what they sound like ourselves. I was wondering if anyone else had any such opinions.

For me, probably Frederick and Chrom's C support, Henry's pre-joining scene, Noire's scene right before she joins where she's panicking and then switches into blood knight mode for the first time, and oh yes, the scene after the prophecy plays out. That. Was. Awesome.

I agree on Henry's joining scene. That would be the best thing ever if it were that way.

I disabled the voice clips...I found them annoying.

Wait, you can do that?!

I had no idea, to be honest.

I second the Noire thing, and third the Henry thing,

Lowering the voice volume bar doesn't affect the BGM.

Argh. SoC...

Oh well, I'd like the entire main story voiced as well. And FoD. And, well, everything. If that's too much to ask for, non-generic backgrounds for the supports would be fairly simple to add and make a big difference.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Voice Volume has nothing to do with the BGM.

I mean, you suggested sliding the volume bar to 0. Maybe she hasn't already done it because she likes the BGM and the weird voices aren't enough to convince her to do it.

EDIT: OH I thought you meant the volume slider on the 3DS.

Edited by Anguis

I mean, you suggested sliding the volume bar to 0. Maybe she hasn't already done it because she likes the BGM and the weird voices aren't enough to convince her to do it.

EDIT: OH I thought you meant the volume slider on the 3DS.

2Mn0Dri.png

This.

The three options there.

Music. Voice. Story Voices having a Yes or No option.

I prefer it the way it is right now, cutscenes are the only part of the game I like to be fully voiced. All other dialogue is delivered through text, so instead of going writer>voice actor>me it cuts out the middle man. The lack of voice means that my imagination is interpreting the tone, body language, etc. instead of a VA. This game makes me (actually) laugh out loud on a consistent basis, even when going through content I have already seen because of this. The little voice snippets are a welcome addition because they tell me what the character sounds like and provide a source of character personality. I think it's hilarious every time Frederick says "UNACCEPTABLE!" or when Inigo goes "I WANT TO BE MANHANDLED!", or when Morgan(F) literally says anything, and none of those lines are voiced. Cutscenes are a different story because in cinema you're seeing exactly what the writer/director wants you to see exactly when he/she wants you to see it. In all the other dialogue though, I wouldn't want full voice because no voice actor can do better than my mind can, it gets me much more immersed in the conversation and by extension, the game itself. Plus it means other characters can call your avatar by name which is a great feature in any RPG.

I remember seeing a video somewhere where someone at a con got Matthew Mercer to voice over the entirety of the Chrom/F!Robin S Support.

As for me, I'm happy with what's happened.

Oh well, I'd like the entire main story voiced as well. And FoD. And, well, everything. If that's too much to ask for, non-generic backgrounds for the supports would be fairly simple to add and make a big difference.

As long as we're being unrealistic, I'd want all of the story cutscenes to be animated...or at least the ones that aren't just people talking.

Full Voice Acting on important scenes and supports. Then maybe I'd pay attention.

I know it's too much to ask for, but a man can dream, right? It's not like the voice cast was bad.

I remember seeing a video somewhere where someone at a con got Matthew Mercer to voice over the entirety of the Chrom/F!Robin S Support.

...That was kind of expected, considering its popularity.

I'm trying to get over my bitterness over the vocal portion of the fanbase since I'm one of the "hipsters".

It's happening... slowly.

Edited by shadowofchaos

...Wow. Some fans are REALLY too obsessed with the game. Even I wouldn't have gone that far if I met Kyle Hebert (he voiced Frederick). I would've just gotten an autograph and a line or two from the Frederick x Female Avatar S support. Not the WHOLE thing. xP

Edited by Anacybele

...Wow. Some fans are REALLY too obsessed with the game. Even I wouldn't have gone that far if I met Kyle Hebert (he voiced Frederick). I would've just gotten an autograph and a line or two from the Frederick x Female Avatar S support. Not the WHOLE thing. xP

You know you would have asked for a proposal :P

You know you would have asked for a proposal :P

...Er, why would I do that when it's already voiced in the game? xP

If I met Kyle Hebert, the last thing I'd ask him for an autograph for is his role as Frederick.

Well, I never said everyone had to. I know not many people really like Frederick. He's not hated, but he's hardly popular either, so...

Edited by Anacybele