Why can't you choose Morgan's name?

Dragoncat

I usually name my avatar (or most things, tbh) after myself, so if I had the option, I guess I'd name him/her "Draco".

Yes, I know what you're thinking. Look, it's my 2nd most common name.

Edited by Anguis

I would name things after myself if I actually liked my real name. Well, Rene comes from part of my middle name...but meh.

Since my Morgan's father is Lon'qu, Mo'gan comes to mind...in a fanfic I had 4 year old Morgan interested in the apostrophe names of Chon'sin and wanted his name to look like that. They didn't end up changing it of course. But it is a pretty good looking name xD

I find it odd that you can't name Morgan myself. I don't really like that name either, I'd have named him something different. I dunno what name I would pick though...

I like that you can't change Morgan's name. It makes Morgan feel like a real character in Awakening instead of some self-insert character. I mean, if you let people change Morgan's name, you might as well let them choose Morgan's appearance, class and voice actor from the title screen.

Well, I'd keep the name Morgan, actually, but... I live in Europe, our Morgan is Linfan and holy guacamole, it's just terrible! So, yeah, I'd probably change his/her name in Morgan myself.

Well, I'd keep the name Morgan, actually, but... I live in Europe, our Morgan is Linfan and holy guacamole, it's just terrible! So, yeah, I'd probably change his/her name in Morgan myself.

Take out that last N and it'll automatically be so much better.

At least for FeMorgan.

x0zFOWS.png

Edited by shadowofchaos

Oh, I just love the name 'Linfa', not because it sounds chinese or anything but because it actually it's the italian worlf for sap and... it could be very lovely for a female unit. But I mostly play as a F!unit and... with the male unit it just won't work.

I still call them "Morgan" in my head, thought.

(also, nice pic!)

Yeah, two self-insert characters would be a bit too much. Also, maybe your partner always picks the name? : P

Personally I think it's just 'cause they wanted to have a little throwback with FE7's Mark (Morgan was Mark/Marc in the Japanese version, which is another word for "Emblem").

Yeah, two self-insert characters would be a bit too much. Also, maybe your partner always picks the name? : P

Personally I think it's just 'cause they wanted to have a little throwback with FE7's Mark (Morgan was Mark/Marc in the Japanese version, which is another word for "Emblem").

1: Yeah I suppose that could be a possibility. Maybe Avatar and his/her spouse just don't feel like waiting until their kid is born to pick a name, so they use the first unisex name they can think of. Although, I don't know any male Morgans irl...I know like 2 or 3 people with that name, but they're all girls.

2: Really? That's interesting. Female Morgan too? Mark is a male name...

Edited by Dragoncat

2: Really? That's interesting. Female Morgan too? Mark is a male name...

マーク (Mark/Marc) is superior.

I guess I didn't make that reference clear.

It doesn't sound that bad. How is it pronounced? Is it pronounced like "Lyn fan", Lyn fahn, or, I assume, like "Lahn-fahn" because it's supposed to be a pun on the french for "The child"?

I heard about that. I had been tossing around an idea of a fanfic and I figured that if both male and female morgan showed up in it, Male morgan would be named Morgan and FeMorgan would be named Linfan...

Luckily, Morgan remains as such in the UK version of Awakening. Whilst it would have been interesting to have had the option to rename him or her if desired, I think it is a good name for the character because it is used for boys and girls. Seeing as the child is known as Mark in the Japanese version, the name change makes sense.

Never really bothered me that you couldn't name them. I always figured the spouse named them. Maybe they named them after a Morgan they knew or perhaps while the lady of the two was pregnant some person named Morgan helped them with something. I kind of think that Morgan having their own name makes them more of their own character rather than just the Avatar's child. That's my two cents on it anyways.

Take out that last N and it'll automatically be so much better.

At least for FeMorgan.

Morgan would become one of the best and most forgetful bathhouse owners ever. To all those people who get Morgan as "Linfan" I always thought that name was pretty cool too, I'm a little jealous.