Tell me what it's like to play SSB4 on an original 3DS.

Raven

I'll find out for myself tomorrow, but I want to hear your own thoughts.

Everyone's got an XL, but is it really worth spending money on an upgrade for whatever reason?

So yeah, go ahead and post your thoughts. I'll give my own opinion when I find out first-hand, too.

On an original 3DS?

I've heard it's a pain, due to the fact that the screen's so tiny. But 1v1's are fine.

I wouldn't know however, as I have an actual XL.

But it's not worth it getting a complete new DS. No, if you desire on getting a new one, wait for the rumored new one that's in the works. The next XenoBlade is exclusive to it, and with the increased frame rate, I can predict there'll be more games like that.

...hope I helped...

It can be difficult to keep track of everything going on with the small screen, especially when it zooms out. Though this doesn't really get that bad. What I find the most irritating is that your hand will cramp up really fast. My friend who has an XL says he never gets cramps.

I say, stick to the regular one for now and pick up the new 3DS XL.

I use a crystal case on my 3DS which kind of helps alleviate the crampness a bit. I personally haven't had an issue and won't even be upgrading my original 3DS until the new 3DS comes out.

I have a original 3DS and i'm gonna get it,hoping it will be good since it was okay in the Demo.

i wouldn't upgrade since i dont have da money. if i did maybe i would but only with the small version of the New 3DS since i don't like the fact = Bigger screen = more zoom in-game that means the quality won't be the same, it won't be a bad quality,but a okay one,but still.

it just all depends on your point of view its not like it will be a pain to everyone.

It won't change much from the demo,seriously.

So basically,if you were ok with Demo gameplay you won't have problem with playing the original one

pretty simple.

but if you asking about me i can say it was ok, i don't really mind it and the gameplay was smooth

THE GAME IS SMOOTH.

*haters rain at me*

Edited by Thɇ Icarūsu Lørd

What do you mean everyone has the XL I don't stop judging me

It's not that bad to me. I play on the FE:A 3DS which is the same size I guess, and it's not that difficult.

I think the problem is the transition many brawl players are making to the handheld screen. I haven't played Brawl in about 2 years so I wasn't accustomed to a massive screen. Though I will say that I don't much care for the controls on the 3DS, because it is a bit crampy. Also, with all of the buttons being so small, if my hands get sweaty for whatever reason, it does get a bit frustrating when my finger literally slips off of the control stick.

I think all of you are crazy and just are into the game too much just like how people are having issues breaking their 3ds control sticks.

What? My hand cramps after awhile with any 3DS game I play. It's just faster to happen with Smash due to the much faster gameplay. ^^;

I enjoy it, although suiciding because Ike is using Quick Draw instead of Aether when I try to have him Aether in the opposite direction from where he's facing is kind of an issue.

The small screen size doesn't hinder me or anything though. And the controls are just fine. I did try switching around the grab and shield button, but that just didn't quite work out. lol

After I played the demo back in September, I must admit, the controls felt pretty awkward. After a few matches, you get used to it, though. #WiiUVersion4Lyfe

As for the screen size, that isn't an issue at all for me, considering I play Brawl on a pretty small TV and I'm used to that anyway lol.

Edited by TheRealBlueBlur

I think all of you are crazy and just are into the game too much just like how people are having issues breaking their 3ds control sticks.

This man speaks the truth. I have both the 3DS and 3DS XL and they feel fine despite my big hands. Although the regular 3DS screen can be a pain at times, but it's bearable. :P

Also, it's like playing Melee or Brawl on a small CRT TV and sitting back a couple of feet away. At least, that's how it seems to me.

Edited by Linkmstr

I'm thinking that the regular 3DS screen is fine for me because I'm farsighted. Meaning that I can see what's going on pretty well even when the game zooms out on the stage, because farsightedness is being able to see far away well, but not up close. And I don't need to hold a 3DS close to my face. :P

Edited by Anacybele

I'm thinking that the regular 3DS screen is fine for me because I'm farsighted. Meaning that I can see what's going on pretty well even when the game zooms out on the stage, because farsightedness is being able to see far away well, but not up close. And I don't need to hold a 3DS close to my face. :P

Now, I'm no optometrist, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't make sense. The screen is close to your face, so you're not looking at anything "far away" as far as your eyes and brain can tell. If anything, near-sightedness is what should help here.

As for the topic question: it's not really a problem in most cases, but can be a minor issue when things get stretched out on the bigger stages.

Now, I'm no optometrist, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't make sense. The screen is close to your face, so you're not looking at anything "far away" as far as your eyes and brain can tell. If anything, near-sightedness is what should help here.

Do you all of a sudden enjoy picking on my posts? Seriously, you're starting to act like SOC.

Edited by Anacybele

Your hand will cramp after awhile, unless you have something to make the bottom half a little thicker, like an external battery pack or something. I have that, and it takes much longer for my hand to cramp up

I'm playing Smash Bros. on an original 3DS I've never yet had any hand cramp...

Edited by NinjaMonkey

And the controls are just fine. I did try switching around the grab and shield button, but that just didn't quite work out. lol

You could try placing grab to a face button like Y instead. It works great for me, but it does leave me L button unused since you can't replace the second jump button with shield for some reason; you have to have two jump buttons. ><;

This man speaks the truth. I have both the 3DS and 3DS XL and they feel fine despite my big hands. Although the regular 3DS screen can be a pain at times, but it's bearable. :P

Also, it's like playing Melee or Brawl on a small CRT TV and sitting back a couple of feet away. At least, that's how it seems to me.

I'm playing Smash Bros. on an original 3DS I've never yet had any hand cramp...

I didn't start cramping after maybe 6 or 7 hours of straight Smashing, so yeah. ^^;

I didn't start cramping after maybe 6 or 7 hours of straight Smashing, so yeah. ^^;

I think all of you are crazy and just are into the game too much

My original statement KIND OF explains your situation.

You could try placing grab to a face button like Y instead. It works great for me, but it does leave me L button unused since you can't replace the second jump button with shield for some reason; you have to have two jump buttons. ><;

Yeow, I think I can see why it'll start cramping after playing Smash for 6 or 7 hours straight.

I'll find out for myself tomorrow, but I want to hear your own thoughts.

Everyone's got an XL, but is it really worth spending money on an upgrade for whatever reason?

So yeah, go ahead and post your thoughts. I'll give my own opinion when I find out first-hand, too.

If you're going to upgrade, you should wait until the New Nintendo 3DS XL comes out before upgrading.