Why are a lot of playable characters in FE so...beautiful?

Twiggy

Half the Armorknights in the series look pretty chubby compared to the rest of the cast.

Except Wendy.

Yeah, but they've still usually got more of a linebacker build than just being chubby. With perhaps the exceptions of Meg and Brom.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but they've still usually got more of a linebacker build than just being chubby. With perhaps the exceptions of Meg and Brom.

Doesn't Draug's FE3/12 character ending make a point of how much weight he gained after the war?

ETA: Can't find the reference, though, so maybe it was some other character. I could've sworn some amor-class's ending poked fun at his weight.

Edited by Cymbalina's Revenge

Because 99.9999% of all the fictional heroes existing are described as being good-looking.

This.

Why does it matter whether the heroes are depicted as righteous, beautiful people and the villains as evil, ugly people? This is just a game, no need to be so pedantic about it.

Everyone is the hero of their own story.

Protagonist =/= Hero.

I don't recall every villain being a Hero either. There are Wyvern Lords and Generals too.

Edited by Rapier

I can't imagine many people would waifu Lucina if she were morbidly obese with a uni-brow and buckteeth.

Somebody draw that. On second thought, nobody draw that...now I need brain bleach.

This.

Why does it matter whether the heroes are depicted as righteous, beautiful people and the villains as evil, ugly people? This is just a game, no need to be so pedantic about it.

Protagonist =/= Hero.

I don't recall every villain being a Hero either. There are Wyvern Lords and Generals too.

I think REFA was saying how, unless they're doing it with the distinct knowledge that they are wrong and just doing it anyway, like Dr. Doofenshmirtz, then they will consider themselves the "hero" of the story.

For example, Light Yagami considered himself to be the just side, despite the fact that he is the villain protagonist. But he considers himself the hero.