Permanent Stat Boosters Ingame

isetrh

Who do you like to give them to on higher difficulties?

I can't say much about my own use because so far my only successful Lunatic run was an Avatar solo, so who to give them to didn't take much thought.

Edited by isetrh

Vanilla Lunatic?

Seraph Robes for Nowi, Energy Drop for Cordelia, Goddess Icons for Avatar, and sometimes Naga's Tear for Sumia. Others go anywhere they can break a threshold. Lunatic+ is usually the same except I don't use Nowi.

Vanilla Lunatic?

Seraph Robes for Nowi, Energy Drop for Cordelia, Goddess Icons for Avatar, and sometimes Naga's Tear for Sumia. Others go anywhere they can break a threshold. Lunatic+ is usually the same except I don't use Nowi.

What do you use nowi for in lunatic?

Well, in terms of theorycrafting, you're going to want to pass important thresholds with your boosters; that said, doing that for just one map is FAR easier with Tonics, so you really should just put them where they're needed most. DEF/RES stacking isn't as good in L+ by half as it is in other FEs, so keep that in mind; as far as Naga's Tear, the kids absolutely don't need it. Give it to a first gen character. Boots, to your most powerful and versatile unit; probably Avatar, though Morgan or Avatar!Lucina might overtake them by then, depending on what you did with 'em.

Nobody needs them in the long run (except Chrom's mag) though. if you're not using them for thresholds, use them where they'd save the most effort getting someone started- which can very well be on one of the children.

I use Nowi because when given an early Dragonstone+, some Seraph Robes and a merc Avatar support, she's better than half my team right off the bat and takes only a chapter or two to become a full-powered tank- but due to her growths her tankiness lasts far longer into lategame than Avatar's. Nah also gives early Second Seal access.

Basically she does what Donnel wishes he could do, only with an overhead in planning instead of babying, and she's far and away one of the best units in Vanilla Lunatic for it. She's not nearly as good in Lunatic+ due to having a big weakness to Counter and Luna+ (her HP is by far her weak point for the first few levels, and that's what you need to take Counter/Luna+ abuse), and because it's harder to feed her all of Cht.8 thanks to Pass. She's still good after she gets going, she just takes a lot more to get there.

Nobody needs them in the long run (except Chrom's mag) though. if you're not using them for thresholds, use them where they'd save the most effort getting someone started- which can very well be on one of the children.

Point; I was assuming a relatively minimalist run (no grinding or SpotPass stuff, probably no Renown or Bonus Box) for maingame only, where feeding a Paralogue to a good kid isn't a problem, but Chrom or a low-Def Avatar keeping up is.

Oh, I had him switch classes many times during those runs.

DF is one of the most used ones, though. It's a very safe and efficient way to take out the Wyverns in Wave 2. But really, if you're one guy taking down tons of enemies over a long period of time, being able to hit Def or Res is kind of mandatory.

It changes several times throughout the run as well, but LB and All+2 are always there.

Chrom's Mag is also important in my setup for a 2 unit access of Secret Apo- he needs CG to kill the Generals. There I have him running LB/All+2/Aether/Luna/RK or Res+10 (RK total success rate is ~4.46094%, and no RK success rate is ~1.50282%, but having Res+10 might be useful against the Griffons in Wave 1- I haven't routed that far yet).

As an aside, I would really like a map of enemy locations (and player unit starting locations) for the rest of Apo. I can load it normally for wave 0 stuff, but not the rest of them and I don't actually have an Apo team to check them with atm (all my files are busy with Streetpass, support grinding or Lunatic+ tests). One of these days I'm going to make a proper Apo simulator, but until then I've got nothing to use for more complex movement-based strats.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

As an aside, I would really like a map of enemy locations (and player unit starting locations) for the rest of Apo. I can load it normally for wave 0 stuff, but not the rest of them and I don't actually have an Apo team to check them with atm (all my files are busy with Streetpass, support grinding or Lunatic+ tests). One of these days I'm going to make a proper Apo simulator, but until then I've got nothing to use for more complex movement-based strats.

It will still be quite a while (maybe around two weeks to both beat L+ and then train a skeleton of my team), but if phone camera pictures and/or maps made of keyboard characters will suffice, I can get them to you when my team is trained (or close enough to trained that I can beat the first four stages without too much difficulty).

An Apo simulator sounds really cool, but won't programming the enemy AI be difficult?

Edited by isetrh

If I really need them I'll just watch a LP. It's also possible to get an Apo clear in around 3-5 hours from starting a new file without the Logbook, so I could do that too if I wanted. Don't worry too hard about it.

Awakening's AI is pretty simple as far as AI goes. I probably couldn't do it perfectly, but it doesn't have to be perfect- as long as the pathfinding takes the same number of turns for an enemy to reach a given location, enemies aggro at the right spots/times, and anything that always happens ingame (mainly Anna's weapon choice and unit targeting) always comes out the same here. Worst-case scenario, I'd make it without an AI at the start and just make the enemies moveable by hand- it'll be annoying, but there will be nothing the ingame AI can do that this can't do.

All this is assuming I actually make such a thing. Cloning Awakening's engine is easier than, say, Pokemon, but it's still a huge project and I don't have that much time on my hands.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Well, in terms of theorycrafting, you're going to want to pass important thresholds with your boosters; that said, doing that for just one map is FAR easier with Tonics, so you really should just put them where they're needed most. DEF/RES stacking isn't as good in L+ by half as it is in other FEs, so keep that in mind; as far as Naga's Tear, the kids absolutely don't need it. Give it to a first gen character. Boots, to your most powerful and versatile unit; probably Avatar, though Morgan or Avatar!Lucina might overtake them by then, depending on what you did with 'em.

Hm, the way I tend to play (Lunatic, no grinding, DLC, spotpass etc.), giving it to kids is definitely a better option. Getting them good quickly makes training them far easier, after which they easily become better units in your team. The gen 1 characters are usually already good enough, so it's not usually worth using on them.

If you're planning to grind, then yeah, probably best not to use it on a kid, they have that low internal level to let them gain levels quickly and lots of class choice for growth.

Edited by Tables