Smashing Discoveries

Dai

When Rosalina is helpless, Luma can still attack. Special moves can't be inputted but it makes coming back to the stage safer if Luma isn't away. Not sure if 1.0.4 will change this.

In the Wii U version, Luma will be helpless. 1.0.4 will probably also make this the case in the 3DS version.

Every Mega Man main knows this but if you throw his metal blade into the ground and pick it up, it's now a stronger projectile than if you had just thrown it immediately.

As far as stale moves go, some moves never go stale. Usually the low damage jabs and nairs, but Captain Falcon's Falcon Punch never goes stale, for instance. However, smashes and things like Sheik's Bouncing Fish will go stale if you spam them. If you want to see it in action, Sheik's Bouncing Fish will take out Pac-Man's fire hydrant in one hit if it's fresh, but will fail to dislodge it if it's not. Note that you can't test stale moves in training mode, as training mode doesn't have stale move mechanics so you can repeatedly attempt the same combos over and over (ironically this makes practicing your combos here impractical because the knockbacks won't be quite correct)

You can tech any ground spike with good timing. So if you get hit by Samus or Captain Falcon's utilt or other similar moves, hitting shield at the right time will allow you to recover immediately and take defensive action to get out of any follow-up.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if this is well known, but from what I've tried Captain Falcon is immune to Mario's U-Tilt Combo. He's too heavy and he falls too quickly which makes him able to land on the ground and shield before the next U-tilt comes out. Granted the Mario's I've faced may have been timing this wrong.

Edited by Monado Boy

Don't know if this is well known, but from what I've tried Captain Falcon is immune to Mario's U-Tilt Combo. He's too heavy and he falls too quickly which makes him able to land on the ground and shield before the next U-tilt comes out. Granted the Mario's I've faced may have been timing this wrong.

Speaking of Mario's U-tilt combo lightweights like Kirby can just DI/Vector up while pressing jump to get out of said combo immediately after the first U-tilt hits. Following up with a D-air as Kirby is what I usually do in this scenario since the Mario player is most likely jamming U-tilt.

Link is probably the same weight since Link and Falcon have always had the same weight in Smash Bros. ever since the first.

Link is probably the same weight since Link and Falcon have always had the same weight in Smash Bros. ever since the first.

This may be the case, but I think Captain Falcon has a faster falling speed than Link does. His fall speed is why it doesn't work on him. I may be wrong about Link's falling speed though.

Edited by Monado Boy

Based on an experience I had in a match with kingddd a few days ago, I believe Ganondorf has super-armor during the later half of his up-tilt (when his leg starts falling).

Is there anyone else who can confirm that this is actually true?

Edited by Carmine Sword