Since apparently 3DS hacking is now possible...

Topaz Light

...have there been any attempts to hack Awakening yet?

I ask because I'm very interested in seeing what sort of unused content might have been left in the game. I feel that since we had Eldigan and the six SpotPass paralogues as free "on-cartridge" DLC, it doesn't seem unlikely to me that there might be more content on the cartridge that could perhaps have been planned for such purposes, but was scrapped.

Forgive me if this isn't something a new topic should be made over, but I'm fascinated by the possibilities of what unused content there could be, considering how many interesting things were lurking in the code of previous games.

Not sure about the 3DS hacking progress, but there's 3DS Action Replay PowerSaves tool for 3DS games. PowerSaves was recently updated with code for Fire Emblem: Awakening. I've been trying out some of the codes myself, such as giving my units all skills including the enemy-only skills. Items spawning codes are there too. Max renown, cash, etc.

It's pretty fun doing that on Lunatic+. Give them a taste of their own medicine!

Technically, but only through Action Replay Powersaves/Powersaves Pro (Which I own neither of.). And some time in the future, SSSPWN (Which I may use for wrecking everyone with Shadowforce Chrom with Rightful God and Lethality as a Grandmaster, if it will even be possible with it)

SSSPWN for the newest update, that is

Edited by Mastergabe2000

Technically, but only through Action Replay Powersaves/Powersaves Pro (Which I own neither of.). And some time in the future, SSSPWN (Which I may use for wrecking everyone with Shadowforce Chrom with Rightful God and Lethality as a Grandmaster, if it will even be possible with it)

Streetpass doesn't accept Enemy Only skills... unless you mean "wrecking everyone" as in the AI enemies.

Streetpass doesn't accept Enemy Only skills... unless you mean "wrecking everyone" as in the AI enemies.

I meant AI enemies, like you said, Shadow-senpai!

And also, it will be fun to finally be able to teach Hardin's team a lesson in pain!

Don't worry, unused data is my specialty : P

I'm basing this solely from the American ROM, but the developers added exactly enough placeholder items, skills and classes to match the DLC schedule.

It would also explain why the second season of DLC (Scramble, Challenge, The Future Past) had no new items/skills/classes (because it was developed way after initial development).

Dunno how DLC characters are handled yet.

For "real" unused data, there are some character names.

2. There are some unused names between the playable characters: Leopold, Tracy and Andrea.

レオパルド (between Cordelia and Nowi)

トレイシー (between Henry and Lucina)

アンドレア (between Priam and Emmeryn)

Also an unused Dance skill icon.

So nothing ground-breaking yet, but we just got started (and I'm the only one of the forums with access to all the files since everything comes to 1 GB).

Edited by VincentASM

I'm basing this solely from the American ROM, but the developers added exactly enough placeholder items, skills and classes to match the DLC schedule.

It would also explain why the second season of DLC (Scramble, Challenge, The Future Past) had no new items/skills/classes (because it was developed way after initial development).

So nothing ground-breaking yet, but we just got started (and I'm the only one of the forums with access to all the files since everything comes to 1 GB).

Someone call Yuriofwind! We've got a gaming mystery over here! (NOTE: there is nothing odd or perverted about Yuriofwind's channel. Just awesome video game videos. No clue why he chose that for his name

Well, technological (computer-based) progress is known to be incredibly fast-paced, so it's only a matter of time before something that was previously seen as unable to be hacked gets cracked.

Edited by Roflolxp54

2. There are some unused names between the playable characters: Leopold, Tracy and Andrea.

レオパルド (between Cordelia and Nowi)

トレイシー (between Henry and Lucina)

アンドレア (between Priam and Emmeryn)

This in particular is really interesting to me. I can't help but wonder if there's any tangible character data to go with Leopold, Tracy and/or Andrea... I'm not sure that there will be, but I'm kinda hoping.

Anyway, thank you all for answering! Sorry if this wasn't something that deserves its own thread and admittedly I didn't really think to check ROM hacking first, which was foolish of me.

This in particular is really interesting to me. I can't help but wonder if there's any tangible character data to go with Leopold, Tracy and/or Andrea... I'm not sure that there will be, but I'm kinda hoping.

Anyway, thank you all for answering! Sorry if this wasn't something that deserves its own thread and admittedly I didn't really think to check ROM hacking first, which was foolish of me.

Pretty sure they are just names and there's nothing tangible, sadly.

Maybe a portrait at best, but almost definitely no unit data.