So I just beat the Endgame on Hard...

KMT4ever

And it was absurdly easy once I realized that the guys directly in front of Grima don't move. Thanks to a decision that was incredibly fortunate in hindsight, I had reclassed both Chrom and Lucina into Paladins (because nothing else appealed to me, and because Aegis), and that gave them just enough move to reach Grima on turn 2. Most of the rest of my force was mounted too, so I rushed up as fast as I could, cleared two enemies in front of Grima, then sent Morgan paired up with Chrom and Robin paired up with his wife Lucina (OTP!!) to attack. Because Chrom's forced starting position leaves him two squares away I had to use Morgan to double Grima and hope that Chrom would pull at least one Dual Strike with a 45%-ish chance to do so. I then sent in Robin with a Brave Sword to give Lucina 4 85%-ish chances at a Dual Strike.

Further breakdown below.

1. Morgan doubles for 8 total and Chrom scores one DS for 20. Grima has 60 health left.

2. Robin's first two blows are Pavised to 6 damage total, while Lucina gets two DS hits for 32 total. Grima has 22 health left. 3. Robin hits again for 6, but Lucina misses her third DS. I panic until Robin gets Ignis to slaughter Grima in one turn.

Note: I was under the impression that Robin had to actually score the final hit in-game to get the sacrificial ending. (>_<) Looking back it would have been simple after that to finish Grima assuming Lucina didn't DS his ass. Also, I should have used Sumia to get Chrom (her husband) into E-Falchion range.

To get to the point, is Grima himself supposed to be that easy (to the point where both Morgan and Robin got hit by Ignis and survived)? I don't know how a less mobile force is supposed to kill the horde of uber-mooks to give room on Turn 3 to reach him. If the Grimleal are this tough I'm surprised Plegia doesn't rule the entire world. Does Grima's brainwashing turn them into Supersoldaten or something?

Also, were my people under-leveled for Hard Endgame? For reference, here's my Exalt family. They're basically my strongest troops. Everyone else ranged from 20/15 to 20/20 except Miriel and Lissa at 20/20/1 and Lon'qu at 20/20/4.

Chrom: 20/20/2 Paladin: 61/33/7/33/29/37/27/18

Robin: 20/20/3 Grandmaster: 52/32/27/33/39/20/25/17

Lucina: 20/20/2 Paladin: 64/38/9/36/34/42/23/14

Morgan: 20/20/1 Grandmaster: 62/33/27/38/36/36/28/20

Feedback is appreciated!

To get to the point, is Grima himself supposed to be that easy (to the point where both Morgan and Robin got hit by Ignis and survived)? I don't know how a less mobile force is supposed to kill the horde of uber-mooks to give room on Turn 3 to reach him.

Grima's Atk isn't his big selling point (unless he doubles you), it's his Def- if you can't take him down in one turn, you get quashed by mooks.

On higher difficulties (Lunatic and Lunatic+) typically you'd either use Galeforce to reach him, or take out a mook to make a hole in his wall, Dance/Rescue a pair up there and have that pair kill him.

Grima's Atk isn't his big selling point (unless he doubles you), it's his Def- if you can't take him down in one turn, you get quashed by mooks.

On higher difficulties (Lunatic and Lunatic+) typically you'd either use Galeforce to reach him, or take out a mook to make a hole in his wall, Dance/Rescue a pair up there and have that pair kill him.

And it also does not help that he has that Dragonskin ability that makes Lethality and Counter useless (I can see the reason behind Lethality, as it is a near-guaranteed ORKO, unless you are super RNG cursed) and also, I'm glad they gave Grima Ignis over Lethality, or even Luna, because of the sheer amount of Game Overs using the MU or Chrom to fight him/her would cause