Characters who needed Buffs, or Nerfs.

Tide of Waves

Ganon seriously needs some speed buffs... mainly on his movement.

Ganondorf got a lot of really good buffs in this game. He's heavier and faster than in Brawl and shrugs off lighter attacks when charging Warlock Punch which also has some invincibility frames (I think). His Up Tilt is also stronger and now has shield breaking properties which actually makes it a viable move in some cases. Flame Choke deals more damage and with a much faster down tilt it can be combo much easier too. Ganondorf is designed to be a slow powerful character and he fits the bill great. The buffs he needs are not for his speed. He needs better grab range (because he actually has really good grabs when it comes to follow up attacks but for some reason has little t-rex grabs that make them almost impossible to use) and his recovery needs the tracking and power it had in Melee for it to be a viable attack. I've been playing Ganondorf ever since Melee and right now there's little I would change about him aside from that and giving him a more creative, less clone inspired, down smash.

Edited by Jotari

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am overall satisfied with how Ike turned out in this iteration, except for his loss of jab canceling and the reverse Aether nerf. ^-^

There are two buffs I think he should have gotten, though:

• Down Smash should send foes flying at a more horizontal trajectory. This is somewhat disappointing as the vertical knockback is retained from SSBB. Ike already has Up Smash for that, which also inflicts more damage and has more range. Despite Down Smash's damage buff and quicker start-up, there is still little incentive of using it as it is once again overshadowed by Up Smash.
  • Quick Draw should be able to used together with Aether to recover. Ike's recovery is actually already buffed in SSB4, just not enough. It is now possible to use Aether after Quick Draw to recover, but only if the midair slash swings. I would have liked to see his recovery to be similar to that of Fox's and Falco's, both of which can freely follow up with their specials.