Kjelle, Sumia, Miriel, Cordellia, Sayri, Cynthia, Nah, Panne, Lucina, Emmrryn didn't wear anything too stupid for battle. Pegasus riders can't be too heavy or they'll weigh down the horse. Kjelle is very well covered. Emmrryn wasnt fighting at the time, but her royal wear would probably slow her down. Miriel, that hat is pointless and has probably the same dilemma as Emmrryn with mobility. Mages need to be able to move away from danger because they are mostly ranged fighters. Sword fighters need to be agile and quick, armor slows them. Sully should conver her thighs, Tharja is to underdressed. Why would you wear armor when you can transform into a beast.

Post your own thoughts on this serious matter. Not limited to Awakening though, post on past games if any examples are present.

Edited by Rabbattack

I could go all day arguing all your claims, but for now I'll leave it at one. Sully's main problem isn't her thighs (though it is a problem) it's her shoulders, if we are going with realism.

Edited by Knight

the bottom of it can obstruct her view.

Only if she pulls it right over her eyes. Besides, the brim of her hat can protect here eyes from the glare of the sun, allowing her to read the spell that she needs to recite to attack enemies.

Only if she pulls it right over her eyes. Besides, the brim of her hat can protect here eyes from the glare of the sun, allowing her to read the spell that she needs to recite to attack enemies.

:O

You're right, but the pointy top is still something bad(at least annoying in my opinion), I can't think of a reason though. You also used the word I was looking for hut couldn't remember, how dare you.

Where did that vid on boob plates go...

Please do share.

please explain the contents of the video so we can better understand your stance on this matter.

Long story short, boobs can get in the way while fighting, and placing a breast-shaped metal plate on one's chest makes the problem much worse.

Sword fighters need to be agile and quick, armor slows them.

I tried to resist but I can't let this just sit here without argument. Because of how versatile swords are, it really doesn't matter how armoured the user is since technique and style can adjust for the wielder, any armour that allows good limb movement should be ideal. There are, in fact, distinctly different fighting techniques for a fight between armoured swordsman and a fight between unarmoured swordsman, unarmoured is more about keeping distance, parrying and evasion while armoured is a much more up-close and personal test of brute strength and quick reflexes. A bit of historical info, any warrior of medieval Europe wealthy enough to be outfitted with heavy armour would also be outfitted with a nice sword, swords were almost exclusively the weapon of dismounted knights.

FE1 Marth's lack of pants allowed for better movement. FE11 Marth is a fool dragged down by pants.

FE1 Marth is an agile acrobat of unlimited prowess and unrestricted by even gravity with his extraordinary lack of pants.

I tried to resist but I can't let this just sit here without argument. Because of how versatile swords are, it really doesn't matter how armoured the user is since technique and style can adjust for the wielder, any armour that allows good limb movement should be ideal. There are, in fact, distinctly different fighting techniques for a fight between armoured swordsman and a fight between unarmoured swordsman, unarmoured is more about keeping distance, parrying and evasion while armoured is a much more up-close and personal test of brute strength and quick reflexes. A bit of historical info, any warrior of medieval Europe wealthy enough to be outfitted with heavy armour would also be outfitted with a nice sword, swords were almost exclusively the weapon of dismounted knights.

What about my post was wrong? I guess you could still be agile and quick with armor, but not as much as without.

What about my post was wrong? I guess you could still be agile and quick with armor, but not as much as without.

I was just stating that swordsman don't have to be unarmoured to be effective.

Also look at some of the official art for FE1

Edited by Knight

please explain the contents of the video so we can better understand your stance on this matter.

kid just wants to boobs.

One thing to consider; hide/leather armor could very well exist for these "unarmored" people that you're referring to. Leather is pretty practical given the needs of mobility for those not entering combat against those clad in steel.