Advice/Tips for my first playthrough

Hamiwiful

Your still starting for normal,correct?Hard is just a medium step up,getting a little harder,having to use Frederick in the beginning at times. Hard from lunatic on the other hand,is a huge step forward. Don't get me started on lunatic +.

Sorry if this is a spoiler to you,but there are up to 13 children you can get each file. A child's father/mother is very important to make the children very strong to be able to survive difficulties like lunatic and lunatic+,which is why optimal pairings exist. Keep that in mind

This is my second one on Hard Mode. About the child's I knew, but I find difficult to maintain certain characters (cofSullycof) alive in battle, so in my first run I only got like 5-6 (Morgan, Lucina, Cynthia, Severa, Owain, Tharja's child, Panne's child).

Using Avatar-F will give you a male Morgan, by the way.

Ahhh... What does Rightful King does? :v

This is my second one on Hard Mode. About the child's I knew, but I find difficult to maintain certain characters (cofSullycof) alive in battle, so in my first run I only got like 5-6 (Morgan, Lucina, Cynthia, Severa, Owain, Tharja's child, Panne's child).

Ahhh... What does Rightful King does? :v

Do you know all the children?And for hard, try to do a few optimal pairings. (Chrom x Sumia, Sully x Donnel,Tharja x Gaius,etc) Hard is well..hard,at times.Passing down the right skills Is important to. For example,Owain,Brady,Inigo,and Morgan, the male children, could get galeforce from their moms,but can't get it in their own.

Rightful King adds 10% more chance to activate a skill,so it's decent.

Edited by BlazeX635

Do you know all the children?And for hard, try to do a few optimal pairings. (Chrom x Sumia, Sully x Donnel,Tharja x Gaius,etc) Hard is well..hard,at times.Passing down the right skills Is important to. For example,Owain,Brady,Inigo,and Morgan, the male children, could get galeforce from their moms,but can't get it in their own.

Rightful King adds 10% more chance to activate a skill,so it's decent.

In this run I picked the Female Avatar, for now:

Chrom x Avatar (Already married by Chapt. 8)

Cordelia x Frederick

Panne x Stahl

Maribelle x Lon'qu

Sully x Vaike

Lissa x Ricken

Are they all locked on?If not,switch Frederick and stahl. Then it will be fine

No, Fred and Stahl are actually better where they are right now for ingame purposes (extra Str for Cord, extra Spd for Panne). Not everyone plays Apo.

Forget everything Blaze said. Pairings don't mean a bucket of ass ingame. They only really matter for crap like S. Apotheosis, so...

Pairings matter in game, it's just that the caps don't.

Well... Im thinking on buying a pair of chapters, but idk which ones.

It depends on what you want. You can refer to this list to see the difficulties and rewards you can gain from each map: http://serenesforest.net/awakening/miscellaneous/downloadable-content/north-america/

These are my personal recommendation, categorized by purposes:

For game-play purposes:

• Champions of Yore 3: Offer All Stats +2 skill. It's not necessary on a main-game run. (I personally didn't buy this one at all).
  • Lost Bloodlines 2: Offer Dread Scroll, which can turn a male unit into the DLC exclusive class Dread Fighter.
  • Lost Bloodlines 3: Offer Paragon, a skill very useful for grinding purpose. The map itself is also very useful for a quick end/post-game grinding.
  • Smash Brethren 2: Offer Wedding Bouquet, which can turn a female unit into the DLC exclusive class Bride.
  • Smash Brethren 3: Offer the skill Iote’s Shield - which negates flying unit weaknesses, but it's not really necessary on a main-game run. (I personally didn't buy this one at all).
  • Rogues and Redeemers 3: Offer the arguably most desirable skill: Limit Breaker - which extends all stat caps by 10. Note that the enemies here are quite strong. If your team has average stats, it's better not to attempt this map just yet. Also the reward skill is not necessary on a main-game run.
  • The Golden Gaffe: Offer a LOT of golds just by beating it once. You can play it over and over again to gain more golds.
  • EXPonential Growth: Enemies offer a lot of experience to level up quickly, so it's especially useful for early-game grinding. Note that abusing this can ruin your playing experience, because it'll make the game much, much easier (especially on lower difficulties).
  • Infinite Regalia: The most valuable things in this map are not those lying inside the chests (though they can be useful), but the Silver Card - which enable you to buy weapons/items with only half the original prices.

For extended plot:

• All three "The Future Past" maps. Note that these maps can be challenging if you want perfect endings, and the last one is even harder than the final main-game chapter. I won't go into details because of spoilers.

For extended challenges:

• All three of the "Challenge" pack. (Those aren't too hard if you have a strong team and a good strategy.)
  • The aforementioned Rogues and Redeemers 3 and Future Past maps can be considered as this too.
  • Apotheosis: The nastiest thing that the developers can think off. Has two different "paths" you can choose, with different difficulties and rewards. Obviously you shouldn't even attempt this without grinding and preparing in advance. The difficulties is also the same for all modes, which means that even if you're playing Normal/Hard/Lunatic, you'll be facing off against enemies beyond Lunatic+. However, it's not impossible and can be beaten by anyone who's patient enough, you can search around for strategies if you're interested.

For "fan-services":

Edited by Ryo