Terrorist attack on Canadian parliament

Ishi

Just thought i mention this awful news for the people of other countries.yesterday a suspected Isis terrorist murdered a ceremonial guard at parliament leaving the capital Ottawa in lockdown for a long time the prime minister said little information to the public clearly not telling all the details. Do you think that if this man is indeed Isis will Canada go to war? Also I don't know to much about this so more information would be really appreciated if you know anything.

Edited by JDT001

Few things to add in:

The person murdered was Cpl.Nathan Cirillo. He came from I believe Hamilton and traveled to Ottawa to serve as a guard for the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, which is a prestigious war memorial to have the honor to guard. He was also murdered at that Tomb.

PM Harper didn't say much, but said a lot, in my mind: “But let there be no misunderstanding -- we will not be intimidated. Canada will never be intimidated.”

The police sent out some info on it today, but there's still a lot of questions left unanswered, which is understandable, they said they were caught off guard.

There was a news dash I read in class today about Harper refusing to send ground troops to ISIS, but it was on CP24, so who the hell knows if it's true. (heh)

​It's also not certain if the suspects are directly related to ISIS. He is a Radical Islam, but that's all they know right now. Also, the mosque he was at kicked him out for his ideals, and condemned him today. The police also sent an email to the mosque to call them if they are being threatened or were at risk.

There are other shooters that are reported to be out on the lose too, sadly.

The gun-man was killed by a Sergeant at Arms, btw, which is pretty badass.

There was another soldier who was ran over by a Radical the day before in Quebec by the name of Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent.

But yeah, most of the people I know are mainly just shocked and are mourning for their deaths. Ottawa, though it's the capital, was never really considered a big city (compared to Montreal, Vancouver or Toronto), so something like this most have been very tragic. I'm just glad it hasn't started any conflict within the country. The main political party leaders are pretty much all agreeing with Harper, and the news broadcasting (at least in Canada) haven't fear mongered.

And the online communities I've been on have been sending a lot of condolences to Canada, which makes me sad and happy at the same time.

Still don't know why it is being compared to 9/11 though, not even close to that scale.

If I made any errors, feel free to step in.

Here's the memorial, I've been there once a few years back, it's beautiful.

[spoiler=Tomb of the Unknown Soldier]051.jpg

TqiorT5.jpg

Edited by Monde

This was a pretty sad event, hopefully better security is in place to prevent any future attacks, if there are any, hopefully not. It astonishes me how much influence ISIS has on people so far away.

Though it is tragic that Cpl.Nathan Cirillo died,we can at least be thankful no others were killed.It's even more tragic when you realize another solider was killed after he was run over in Quebec two days before.

What really shocks me is the fact the gunman has a criminal record in Quebec and BC,but only ever served one day in jail.In Quebec,he was arrested for uttering threats and some drug related charges,and in BC,he was arrested for a robbery but was deemed "not guilty" by the jury.

• 2 weeks later...

Boy does this ever help destroy the stereotype that Canadians are nice people.

How so one man murders a very dedicated solider and we are all deemed psycho crazy murders its like me saying all Black poeple are violent looters after seeing the Ferguson riots

• 3 weeks later...

this tragedy could have been entirely prevented if canada didn't have such strict gun laws.

such strict gun laws the crime rate in Canada is very low shootings are a very tare site here let alone murder

Edited by Lion

this tragedy could have been entirely prevented if canada didn't have such strict gun laws.

Are you trying to start something in this topic, of all places?

And you should have been a blowjob.

See how easy it is to make stupid remarks in order to get a rise of people?