• Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess
    • The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field
    • Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
    • Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
    • Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars
    • Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator
    • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess

What is that bar above the power one in Mystic Square @_@

That's your Dream Gauge. Works similar to PCB's Cherry in a lot of ways.

The more it's filled, the lower on the screen you can collect point items at full value. If it's full, you can collect them anywhere on screen for much more than their normal value (100k on Normal).

It increases when enemies (bosses don't count) are on-screen or when you collect either a point or power item at maximum value, and instantly goes to MAX if you collect a dream item.

It decreases if you die or bomb (this is halved while a boss is on screen). Additionally, if the gauge is not at MAX, it also decreases if you let a point item drop off-screen.

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Wow ZUN is harsh lol

But yeah, go for it.

Also, if you're not set on using a specific character, you may want to try using Mima until you successfully 1cc; as far as I'm concerned, getting the 400 point item Extend is only reasonably possible with Mima's movement speed. (It certainly helps that she's pretty strong, too.)

rip Mima. We'll never forget you.

Also, just got a near perfect run of Stage 5, two stupid easily preventable deaths (one during 2nd half stage, one on first nonspell mid-Rin). Captured every other (non)spell. Now, time to practice Stage 4. :3

Edited by Balcerzak

Wow ZUN is harsh lol

But yeah, go for it.

Also, if you're not set on using a specific character, you may want to try using Mima until you successfully 1cc; as far as I'm concerned, getting the 400 point item Extend is only reasonably possible with Mima's movement speed. (It certainly helps that she's pretty strong, too.)

he should be harsh like this in every game ;~;

I've only tried Raymoo so far, but I'll take a look in the other shots

man, EoSD, PCB and IN Normal and now MS Easy i need to focus on something

Edited by Blagi

rip Mima. We'll never forget you.

I like her attitude. xP

Also, just got a near perfect run of Stage 5, two stupid easily preventable deaths (one during 2nd half stage, one on first nonspell mid-Rin). Captured every other (non)spell. Now, time to practice Stage 4. :3

Good to hear you're making good progress!

he should be harsh like this in every game ;~;

nuh plz

man, EoSD, PCB and IN Normal and now MS Easy i need to focus on something

Taking on multiple games at the same time can actually be good to not burn yourself out on any specific one! Although you'll undeniably take longer to make progress. xD"

Actually, I was able to get the 400 Extend with Reimu as well. Her homing shots let her kill more stuff and generate more point items. I also got really close with Marisa.

Yuuka, on the other hand, can't really get the 400 Extend at all :(

nuh plz

Taking on multiple games at the same time can actually be good to not burn yourself out on any specific one! Although you'll undeniably take longer to make progress. xD"

why don't you like it :(

i GUESS

at least IN and PCB help me rest from whatever problem i have with EoSD (~ouo)~

Actually, I was able to get the 400 Extend with Reimu as well. Her homing shots let her kill more stuff and generate more point items. I also got really close with Marisa.

Yuuka, on the other hand, can't really get the 400 Extend at all :(

i'll keep that in mind :s

also your avatar is still too adorbs ugh

@Proto: For me, the problem was more catching the items than killing the enemies that drop them. I get surprisingly close to 83% of enemies killed as all characters other than Marisa, but catching all of the items they drop is really hard when not only can you only cover a distance of about half the screen in the time it takes a point item to drop off-screen, but you still have to dodge the enemies and bullets while doing so, too.

Obviously the bullets are less of a problem on Easy/Normal, but while I can certainly see the 400 point item Extend as achievable with the other characters, Mima requires no planning to do so - most characters would have to time the destruction of certain enemy waves conveniently so that they drop the items in clusters that can more easily be collected, whereas Mima can usually just kill everything that moves and still catch most of the items.

Edited by Scarlet

grrrr. Obviously my stage 2 and 3 need work, though I captured Mt Ooe!!! Made it surprisingly far going into Stage 4 with 0 lives stocked. Losing all my lives one after the other in Stage 5 after the first mistake is kind of par for the course, either I do really well, or I spiral out of control.

This game though, I get the feeling I'm going to need all of MOF week and most SA week to get it down.

Whee, after hearing that Aya broke PoFV, I decided to 1CC normal with Cirno instead, and did!

Now I realise that all this PoFV/SA binging has caused me to get worse at UFO. :(

trying MoF with MarisaB (without glitch) made me realize

why would i use anything other than ReimuA

did i really just capture the day the sea split on normal O_o

Reimu C and Marisa C exist though, and they're infinitely better than Marisa B.

Yes you did.

Whee, after hearing that Aya broke PoFV, I decided to 1CC normal with Cirno instead, and did!

Now I realise that all this PoFV/SA binging has caused me to get worse at UFO. :(

So strong.

Ufo is eh. Real Men play SA.

Does that mean you have will dressed followers going around door to door on Sunday asking people of they have time to talk about their Lord and saviour shadow or.

ANYWAY. Touhou.

i am my own God who is among the ranks of Yukarism, where we all wear weird out cultist outfits

how about that touhou