• The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field
    • Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
    • Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
    • Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars
    • Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator
    • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess

MarisaA may be my favorite, but I think MarisaB would be better for a first 1cc

MarisaC is good too, if you have trouble with ReimuB's utter lack of spread

If you're going MarisaB (my favorite~) instead of ReimuA, it is strongly recommended that you abuse her multi-shot gimmick very well. Aside from the obvious Water Sign for spread, Earth Sign's high power is good for some of Parsee's and Rin's stuff, while Wood shotgun is overpowered enough (3.00 Power Wood shotgun is the strongest shot in the game) to pull off planned bombskips

Poor Sanae has to undertake such painful torture...

These sound very feasible though. You can do it, ZM!

I think I'll be fine with MarisaA.

I have faith in ReimuB. Hence MoF lol

Wood Shotgun? Which one is that again?

I'll be going through some pain, too...she and I go through it together <3

I'll do my best!

Edited by Z.M.

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Unless you're already pretty friggin skilled at Touhou in general, SanaeB is pretty much the only one that would be able to survive Hard UFO's onslaught, let alone Lunatic. Nobody else can take the heat!

Unless you're already pretty friggin skilled at Touhou in general, SanaeB is pretty much the only one that would be able to survive Hard UFO's onslaught, let alone Lunatic. Nobody else can take the heat!

MarisaA or bust

Okay I should probably Practice Mode UFO Hard Stage 3

I just deathbombed 8 times in the Ichirin fight and still ended up entering Stage 4 with 0 lives, 1 bomb and 1 Power lol.

Edited by Scarlet

How's your progress on that UFO Hard 1cc?

How's your progress on that UFO Hard 1cc?

decided to go and try SA Lunatic instead

can't even get past Yuugi lmao, those lasers after her midboss actually mean something now

For Glaceon: http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=34978

If this is your first time downloading a replay, you should right-click "Download Now" and choose "Save Link As" or whatever your browser's equivalent is. Alternative, you can just click "Download Now". If it takes you to a page filled with gibberish, then right-click and choose "Save Page As" or your browser's equivalent.

A few notes about the replay and Stage 4 in general:

- Most of Stage 4 involves streaming. You'll find that I survived a lot of sections by simply tapping either left or right really slowly.

- Do not hesitate to kill white fairies asap. Go focused to maximize your damage output against them.

- Avoid unnecessarily moving too much. If there are slow bullets approaching you, you can wait for them to get a bit closer before dodging them.

- Avoid getting cornered e.g. in the section after Lily, if you see a wall of blue bullets that may impair your movement later, then you should go around it to give yourself more freedom to move in.

- The first set of white fairies are followed by kedamas (swirly enemies) that fire suicide bullets i.e. they will fire waves of bullets at you if you kill them. They will fire a different pattern of aimed green arrowheads if you do not kill them. I find the green arrowheads to be much easier to dodge since it's pure basic streaming, so you'll notice that I stopped firing knives during that segment of the replay. Some players find the green arrowheads very intimidating though, so I would suggest you try out both approaches (shooting and not-shooting) in Practice Mode and decide whichever one you're more comfortable with.

- Lily's attacks are very straightforward. Although the red arrowheads in her first pattern are aimed, you can just deal with it like a normal wave of bullets for you to dodge

- Merlin's opener looks pretty scary. Those two wavy arcs can kill you, don't touch them! The basic approach to this attack is to keep turning back and cross the area with the blue arrowheads that Merlin fired in the previous wave.

- Merlin's second attack requires you to read the paths of the lasers and the red bullets and react accordingly. Sometimes the spread of red bullets make you feel like you might be trapped, but this is likely because the hitbox of the bullets are smaller than they look, so you can often survive by sitting between them.

- For the Prismrivers' first spell, you basically need to stream the aimed arrowheads, while also making sure you don't get hit by the colored bullets. If you start from one side, you can simply stream all the way to the other side and clear the spell before you get trapped.

- It's very important which side to start with, however. Because the sister that you damage the most during this spell will be the one involved in the next attack and spell. I chose Lunasa (wearing black) out of habit from Normal Mode, but I heard that Lyrica (wearing red) is easier on Easy. I would suggest checking out all three of them and deciding which one is the easiest for you.

- The penultimate spell is pretty tough, but it's easier if you go near a corner instead of sitting in the middle. Be careful though, because it can still randomly send in bullet waves that are annoying to dodge from whichever corner you picked.

- The final spell is much easier imo, since the bullets change direction together in large clumps, often leaving large gaps for you to exploit. Once again, the corner is safer than the center.

And finally, the most important part:

- Although the replay was a perfect clear, you don't have to try producing a perfect run of Stage 4 yourself. Trying to perfect everything will often to lead to death, which would be a complete waste of all the bombs that you were carrying when you died. You have 4 bombs per life, and PCB gives you a lot of lives. Make good use of them. Abuse Practice Mode to improve both your dodging skills (mostly streaming, in this case) as well as your bomb utilization decisions. Keep trying until you are satisfied with how much resources (bombs+lives) you've spent on the stage. You can be a bit liberal with how much you spend in Stage 4, because imo it's tougher than both Stage 5 and Stage 6 (not counting the midbosses/bosses).

Good luck!

Balcer I see that no-death Reimu C run. I am very very glad you're not ranked. ><

In my defense, I bombed more than necessary.

I do have to say, I never in my wildest dreams imagined my second no-miss run would come from Subterranean Animism. (IIRC the first was Netherworld IN Easy.)

meanwhile i can't reach stage 4 hue

Yuugi is the typical stage 4 difficulty spike.

...a whole stage early.

In some of my Normal attempts I lost more lives on Stage 3 than I did on Stage 5.

(or maybe I just suck at her personally)

...a whole stage early.

In some of my Normal attempts I lost more lives on Stage 3 than I did on Stage 5.

i can't talk much about normal but on easy that was definitely the case for me

stage 4 was a breeze once i managed to get past stage 3

tbh i'm not even finding most of the stuff i'm dying to hard i just...

keep dying >_>

i also sometimes still die at stage 1 from bullets i didn't even see, oops not mentioning failing to graze the big fairies bullets

i actually think marisaA makes things worse since it takes longer to get to full power so i risk myself more trying to attain it

Options:

Fire Sign - Forward Concentrated Formation (火符 前方集中配置)

Water Sign - Forward Wide-spread Formation (水符 前方広範囲配置)

Wood Sign - Oblique Angle Formation (木符 斜め攻撃配置)

Metal Sign - Left/Right Attack Formation (金符 左右攻撃配置)

Earth Sign - Rear Attack Formation (土符 後方攻撃配置)

...a whole stage early.

My first easy 1CC had 5 deaths on stage 3, but 1 on 5 and 2 on 6.

Also, Marisa A is far and away my favourite SA shot type.

GUEE4ao.png I will be pulling off all the stops this week.