• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Options:Fire Sign - Forward Concentrated Formation (火符 前方集中配置)Water Sign - Forward Wide-spread Formation (水符 前方広範囲配置)Wood Sign - Oblique Angle Formation (木符 斜め攻撃配置)Metal Sign - Left/Right Attack Formation (金符 左右攻撃配置)Earth Sign - Rear Attack Formation (土符 後方攻撃配置)

Thanks!

Wait no i think wood is green Abd earth is tge yellow onde?

I'll have to see. Now I really oughta pay attention. XD

i also sometimes still die at stage 1 from bullets i didn't even see, oops not mentioning failing to graze the big fairies bullets

In SA, I've definitely died more to Stage 1 than to any other stage in the game, especially on Hard/Lunatic.

Supergrazing the large fairies is too hard lol

That damage output, though.

Fun fact: ReimuA's damage output at 4 Power is equal to MarisaA's at 8 unfocused.

And yes, Wood Sign is green, Earth Sign is yellow. Remember Patchy's EoSD cards if you're confused, the bullets match the color of the elements they represent.

Yeah, the advantage of MariA comes in shotgunning, and the spread. Also, if you're crazy like me, you actually prefer the unfocused straight shot + focused spread. Too bad the difference between 7 and 8 power is so vast, and how you only get 7 after dying.

I imagine it's a whole lot worse on normal onwards, too.

Edited by LunaSaint

probably the same as if you use trance during no bomb TD run

I mean you could call it no-miss or no-bomb or whatever but some people probably not gonna skirt technicalities

if it "counts" for you then by all means it will

otherwise just go for the git gud

EoSD: 1cc Normal with MarisaA

MoF: 1cc Normal with ReimuB

SA: 1cc Normal with MarisaB

UFO: Attempt Hard and Lunatic with SanaeB, All Spellcards Captured Run in Easy with SanaeB (closest was a run with everything captured but two due to errors), Extra with SanaeB

I'll need to fix up an SA run for the competiton first, and then I'll work on my MoF run first, I think.

I'll always mess around on UFO.

So guys, my replay a page back.

Not sure what the sudden Trance in the middle of Stage 2 was for.

Better one in Stage 3.

You can shoot one of the spirits in Yoshika's Heal by Desire if they get too dense.

Don't be afraid to focus on Yoshika in Seiga's fights if Seiga is moving too much for you to hit. Killing Yoshika will force Seiga to sit still while resurrecting her zombie.

Excellent spirit doubler Trance and bomb in Stage 5.

Try to stay near the edges during Futo's Rainy Iwafune (first spell), you'll still hit her while she's semi-exited the screen.

Full bomb cache before Miko started, lol.

Nothing much else to comment, you were doing stuff the correct way.

Earth Sign is brown, not yellow. Yellow is Metal Sign, the weak sideshot whose only purpose is to kill enemies that spawn from the top sides while you auto-collect

In other news, I captured Alice's Last Word! Remilia proves to be too OP once again!

The only Last Word I have left now is Yukari's. And from what I've seen of it so far, I'm pretty sure it's a completely BS spell where each wave has to be dealt with through a very specific memorized approached. Would it be okay if I went online to look up how to capture a BS spell like this?

Of course it's okay

But i also find it more satisfying to figure out this stuff by yourself

good luck either way o/

It's less of figuring stuff out but more of, try for every single possible approach and pray for the miracle that you find yourself moving through the exact path that is safe from the bullets. For every single section of this 99 second survival spell. To quote from RAYKITTY~

And it's pure memorization - the chances of you successfully dodging any of the patterns without prior knowledge are close to zero.

Okay, this was referring to her final Phantasm spell, not her IN Last Word but well, IN Last Words are all known to be far tougher than their original forms. Edited by Railgun

I have never been more annoyed at Mountain of Faith than right now, realizing it doesn't have a Point Items collected counter, as I try to review these draft replays. How the fuck am I supposed to easily gauge how well they're doing on collection without solid benchmarks? Fucking eyeball it?

Edit: This flaw in HUD design apparently persists to every following game as well, wtf Zun.

Edited by Balcerzak

I have never been more annoyed at Mountain of Faith than right now, realizing it doesn't have a Point Items collected counter, as I try to review these draft replays. How the fuck am I supposed to easily gauge how well they're doing on collection without solid benchmarks? Fucking eyeball it?

Edit: This flaw in HUD design apparently persists to every following game as well, wtf Zun.

It's not technically a flaw because the number of point items you collect no longer does anything in itself; in the earlier games, it's kept track of because it's the benchmark for Extends (MS, PCB, IN) or because it's quite simply used in the calculation of the Stage Clear Bonus (LLS, EoSD).

Besides, in UFO it would potentially be ridiculous numbers in the tenthousands.

Edited by Scarlet

Not sure what the sudden Trance in the middle of Stage 2 was for.

Better one in Stage 3.

You can shoot one of the spirits in Yoshika's Heal by Desire if they get too dense.

Don't be afraid to focus on Yoshika in Seiga's fights if Seiga is moving too much for you to hit. Killing Yoshika will force Seiga to sit still while resurrecting her zombie.

Excellent spirit doubler Trance and bomb in Stage 5.

Try to stay near the edges during Futo's Rainy Iwafune (first spell), you'll still hit her while she's semi-exited the screen.

Full bomb cache before Miko started, lol.

Nothing much else to comment, you were doing stuff the correct way.

I see I see

It's not technically a flaw because the number of point items you collect no longer does anything in itself; in the earlier games, it's kept track of because it's the benchmark for Extends (MS, PCB, IN) or because it's quite simply used in the calculation of the Stage Clear Bonus (LLS, EoSD).

Besides, in UFO it would potentially be ridiculous numbers in the tenthousands.

Don't ruin my impassioned and baseless rant with your facts.

<Still has yet to play any game besides PoFV

PoFV is the best Touhou game anyway~

There is already a solid benchmark for scoring but it's not on the quantity of point items. It's on the Faith meter. It's kinda like Time or Cherry except it's far more annoying to maintain. Fera tells me that good proper faith collection can be indicated by exceeding x*100000 by the end of Stage x (i.e. 100000 by Stage 1, 200000 by Stage 2, etc). Dying will kinda destroy your Faith (-33%) but the score growth will likewise fall by the same rate and you can still count how much more Faith the player has been able to add after dying, to determine how well they performed during a certain segment, scoring-wise.

And as RAYKITTY pointed out, even if MoF indicated the quantity of point items collected, it would be meaningless since none of the components of survival or scoring depend on the quantity itself. Of course, every point item adds to the score, but the value itself depends on where they are collected, and MoF scoring discourages auto-collecting, thus making point item quantity very poor in representing the contribution of point items towards score.

Just look at Faith to determine how well they're performing their scoring techniques (which mostly revolve around Faith maintenance) and look at raw score to determine how well they're scoring itself. That's all there is to it.

<Still has yet to play any game besides PoFV

PoFV is the best Touhou game anyway~

There is already a solid benchmark for scoring but it's not on the quantity of point items. It's on the Faith meter. It's kinda like Time or Cherry except it's far more annoying to maintain. Fera tells me that good proper faith collection can be indicated by exceeding x*100000 by the end of Stage x (i.e. 100000 by Stage 1, 200000 by Stage 2, etc). Dying will kinda destroy your Faith (-33%) but the score growth will likewise fall by the same rate and you can still count how much more Faith the player has been able to add after dying, to determine how well they performed during a certain segment, scoring-wise.

And as RAYKITTY pointed out, even if MoF indicated the quantity of point items collected, it would be meaningless since none of the components of survival or scoring depend on the quantity itself. Of course, every point item adds to the score, but the value itself depends on where they are collected, and MoF scoring discourages auto-collecting, thus making point item quantity very poor in representing the contribution of point items towards score.

Just look at Faith to determine how well they're performing their scoring techniques (which mostly revolve around Faith maintenance) and look at raw score to determine how well they're scoring itself. That's all there is to it.