• Gensokyo Millenium ~ History of the Moon
    • Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess
    • The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field
    • Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
    • Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
    • Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars
    • Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator
    • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess

I'll admit there were times when I felt you could have not bombed, namely the end of the main stage. You could have gone into Koishi with full power, but that wasn't a problem in the end since you still 1cc'd

I felt that way too. Prior to this I had a couple (6?) of failed runs where I died before Sanae even appeared, so I was quite frustrated. And I was a bit sick.

I might try again when I feel better. I don't want to lose my ability to beat this stage, just like how I can't beat Raiko anymore.

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

I felt that way too. Prior to this I had a couple (6?) of failed runs where I died before Sanae even appeared, so I was quite frustrated. And I was a bit sick.

I might try again when I feel better. I don't want to lose my ability to beat this stage, just like how I can't beat Raiko anymore.

Hey, it took me forever to figure out how to reach Koishi.

And capture Nine Syllable Stabs. It's hard until you know the trick.

Also, wow, Bumper Crop capture! I hate this spell, so good job!

Oh, Bumper Crop is actually one of my more inconsistent spells. I don't use the safespot because I haven't memorized its exact position yet and it's proven to kill me most times I try since I'm not aligned properly.

In fact, the stage part of the run was mostly an experiment, especially since I dealt with the waves of generics differently at some points (I usually circle around the fairies after Sanae, then bomb).

Youkai Polygraph is a fun card, and I think it might be my favorite.

Congratulations, Iceflare!

Glaceon watched Iceflare's SA Ex Clear but not mine which I posted it just one day earlier, hmmm

Youkai Polygraph is my second favorite spell design in Touhou history~! It's also Koishi's second easiest spell, heh. But then there are moments where my keyboard becomes mean and keeps my Shift key stuck, which is really annoying for Polygraph >_>

Release of the Id and Suppression Super Ego are both risky spells imo. They're not exactly difficult (I've captured them both plenty of times) but they have an annoying tendency to kill you when you're not expecting it. That makes them more panicbomb-worthy than any of the other Koishi spells imo.

I do hate Sanae's Rice Shower though. I've only ever captured it once. It's otherwise a planned bombskip for me. Which is fine, since I can still reach Koishi with max resources just fine.

I feel like I might have the skills to capture Rorschach and Subterranean Rose, but I really don't feel trudging through SA Ex all over again just for those, especially Subterranean Rose >_>.

I just wonder if my MarisaC theory will work for SA Extra.

Hitbox size and higher speed would be annoying. But well, although Koishi is still one of the top three toughest Ex bosses, she is still quite trick-based so yeah, once you figure her out, MarisaC should be fine.

Release of the Id and Super-ego are both horizontal dodging cards, right? I can't think of any other way to do it.

Not exactly. It's true that most of the dodging would be purely horizontal, but the inconsistency of the hearts can make that a bit difficult to pull off sometimes. All my captures involved occasional vertical/slanted movements, but still with about 90% pure-horizontal dodging. While a 100% pure-horizontal capture sounds feasible in theory, I think it could get unnecessarily annoying at times.

Really, the most important "trick" to both of those cards is to avoid getting pushed up (Super Ego) or down (Id). If you can achieve that much, and stay alert for the weird heart hitboxes, then both spells become easily capturable. I find Super Ego easier btw, probably because it's less dense?

I've never managed to reach Koishi without losing at least one life to Sanae no matter what shot type I was using, and yet I've beaten Koishi using MarisaC fine. Her bomb is great for the entire battle.

Heck, even MarisaA works pretty nicely if you can avoid going below 4 Power.

EDIT: I can't spell today lolz

Edited by Scarlet

Congratulations, Iceflare!

Glaceon watched Iceflare's SA Ex Clear but not mine which I posted it just one day earlier, hmmm

It's because I helped him learn to capture Nine Syllable Stabs

Since I can capture it with relative consistency. Miracle fruit is where I start to struggle, Bumper Crop can go and stay go, the rest of the main stage isn't bad, and Koishi's first card is something I'm still learning

Nine Syllable Stabs da best

It's fun~

but that random green Bullet tho.

Nearly captured Bumper Crop! I do wish SA had Spell Practice, though.

Also, captured Koishi's first Nonspell

MarisaC really is awesome for the Extra.

Yay, I can make it to Genetics of the Subconscious and/or Philosophy of a Hated Person somewhat consistently. Just gotta keep on trucking.

oh shut up with that nonsense

you did it again which is neat

now do like what I'm doing with MoF Extra and try to no-miss it

But I haven't played MoF.

Is it easy?