• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Scrolls takes some getting used to

How do you do School?

I couldn't School until long after my first TD Ex Clear. I've bombspammed it to hell in every run.

But well, it's completely deterministic and what you need to do is to alternate between entering the layer through the right side and the left side. As for how you move to a side while avoiding bullets, my approach was to sort of back down while moving to the side, which cancels out the vertical distance gained when I slip through the layers.

tl;dr move in an infinity symbol where the vertical parts go through the layer of primates and the slanted parts should be adjusted to avoid the bullets.

Wait, who said that Eirin is harder than Kaguya? True, Eirin's spellcards can be a huge suppository pain in the butt, but in comparison to Kaguya? Are you serious?

imo it depends on difficulty mode. Eirin's Apollo 13 is always evil, whereas Kaguya's Hourai Jewel is only a pain in Hard/Lunatic. Heck, all of Easy/Normal Kaguya spells are incredibly simple, with only Dragon's Necklace being a bit annoying. On the other hand, Eirin's spells are pretty tough at Easy/Normal, but they don't get much harder as you move up at higher difficulties. Most of Kaguya's spells aren't really too bad on Hard/Lunatic either (heck, imo Hard Life Spring infinity is even easier than Normal Cowrie Shell!), but Hourai Jewel is just too much of a pain (long boss armor, so it's not like you can bombskip it) for me to overlook.

So I would say that Eirin is harder on Easy/Normal while Kaguya is harder on Hard/Lunatic.

MAMIZOU'S NONSPELLS

WHAT EVEN

Every single one of them involves path-following. Even the ones that you may have thought were just micrododging, you'd actually be led to follow a path for convenient micrododging.

Some of the later nonspells are pretty evil, I admit, but that just means I spend a bomb and rack up a lot of spirits. On that note, while I was fighting Mamizou I actually tried to farm spirits out of her nonspells as much as possible i.e. by moving close to her between waves.

Captured Nightmare for the first time...with MarisaB: http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=38208

This was the fifth UFO Extra clear I've had today, four times with SanaeB (captured Undefined Darkness and Grudge Bow with her) and once with MarisaB. Now I can theoretically NMNB it.

Also, MarisaB has the best Undefined Darkness. Yes, I know.

MarisaB got you your first Nightmare capture, eh? Well, the crappiness of the shot doesn't matter but the larger hitbox would've made it tough. Congratulations!

Not surprised at MarisaB having the best Undefined Darkness. MarisaB can afford to slow down the pacing of circling the screen (something she can't really do in Vajra) to improve safety while still exploiting back shots to hit Nue.

Have you heard the ~amazing~ news? Touhou Dance Party feat. Muppets is getting an update in December.

Thanks Glaceon, now I can cry again as I play because I can't play the main games at the moment.

How to Apollo 13: Drag Eirin to one corner of the screen while microdoging in the opposite corner . . . or go for the stupidly-precise safe spot dead-center in Eirin's bullet formation. Or a mixture of the two: something I'd like to do in Spell Practice is try to skip the first wave or two of the spell using the safespot, then backing down once I have a reasonable amount of diagonal distance to put between myself and the bullet epicenter. (Corner abuse is also a popular strategy for the later waves of Hourai Elixir, particularly that stupid interweaving bullets wave.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGg9WxbW3sg

Here is a TD Extra Run showcasing the relatively simple pathing of Mamizou's nonspells. Excluding her hardest nonspell attack (which I deathbomb), I do make it through all of them pretty much untouched.

Edited by Tamarsamar