It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

That 10.5 million is an empty joke. It is mostly only going to the Mario figurines. Why else would some of these only produce a couple in each market being single store exclusives?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, Nintendo has said before that they think battling to get a rare figure is part of amiibo's charm.

Wait, what? Where has Nintendo ever said this? I mean, I agree that the hunt is fun sometimes, but having to stay up late or get to a store a midnight or 3AM or something or having to pay a scalper is NOT fun. It's also not fun for people to be first in line and still get nothing because GameStop's servers crashed.

I think I got a Marth around 12:25a last night. I'm glad I brought my mouse into bed...

I'm on the hunt for one more though, for Folgore Jotari Kujo VON Timp

That 10.5 million is an empty joke. It is mostly only going to the Mario figurines. Why else would some of these only produce a couple in each market being single store exclusives?

Link (most popular/bestselling amiibo overall), Mario and Pikachu amiibo really. But yeah, Nintendo has yet to see much reason to diversify, even though it's not making any extra money unlike the scalpers.

After leaving my laptop on 24/7 for two days straight, I finally managed to get Marth this morning! Now to get Lucina and Robin, and I'm done with amiibo collecting.

Also, congrats to Ana and Sara for getting one too!

I never thought finding a video game accessory would be so difficult...

Edited by Silver Pegasus

A little tip for those who haven't gotten Marth from Amazon yet:

I noticed the 12.99 price appeared under the "more buying choices" section before it appeared as the main price.

so, keep an eye on more buying choices, rather than the main page.

It's not much, but I hope that helps a little. And hopefully other online retailers will get their stock soon.

Edited by Silver Pegasus

The Wal-mart here finally got some amiibo.The only wave three ones they have are Sonic,Megaman and Bowser,but hey.It's better then nothing.I'll probably get one in the next week/month,depends on if I feel like going anywhere.

Chances of them getting wave four are pretty slim this moment.

*A CHALLENGER MIGHT BE APPROACHING?!*

MARTH AND IKE HAVE APPARENTLY POPPED UP AT GAMESTOPS ACROSS THE U.S. MULTIPLE PEOPLE AT REDDIT HAVE CONFIRMED THIS.

I'd also like to note the store tracker on GameStop for Marth is no longer available. It's gone. I used to use it in hopes Marth might suddenly appear, but it's gone. Something is clearly up.

Whaaaat. D: But I still have gotten no phone call or text to come pick up my preordered Ike! Hopefully this just means Fayetteville, NC GameStops are getting theirs a tad late. I wouldn't be surprised given how late they got the first shipment.

And thanks for the congrats, Silver Pegasus! :)

*grumbles with rage*

You didn't get a Marth? Man, I'm sorry... :( That sucks...

Mine shipped today though! ^^

Edited by Anacybele

THERE'S STILL HOPE.

I CALLED MY GAMESTOP, AND THANKFULLY, IT WAS ONE IF THE EMPLOEES WHO HAD NOTICED I CHECKED DAY IN AND DAY OUT.

Someone managed to pre order one of their incoming Marth's.

Like.

What.

Since when could you...?

Anyways, they're getting ONE, MORE, that should be arriving tomorrow. (Which confirms a post I saw in Reddit, each GameStop is recieving only two Marth's tend two Ike's)

And the man would be holding it for me.

And what's better, his shift is at the same time as the other man who said HE would hold one for me previously, if anyone remembers my little sob story. And he at least has noticed I've been checking everyday.

MY PRINCE.

COME TO ME.

Edited by ~Silver

No, I saw people say there that their GameStops got six Ikes. :/ (but only two Marths)

I'm gonna call my GameStop later and ask them when/if they got Ikes. I need my preorder! MY RADIANT HERO, COME TO ME. (sry for stealing your line lol) I have to call my dad first and tell him happy birthday though.

I'm more worried about ending up with a DerpIke. I don't want a DerpIke. xP

I say "DerpIke" because it sounds like "dirt bike" lol.

Edited by Anacybele

*sigh*

Why didn't I have my Dad log onto Amazon on my iPad prior to leaving school?

post-11232-0-35368300-1431452364_thumb.jpg

^^ Das' Marth btw

Edited by ~Silver

Why can't you order it yourself, Silver? You need permission or something?

I just called my GameStop, the lady said (and that was the first time a lady answered at this GameStop for me... Huh. But I know it was the right one, I looked it up, and there's only one GameStop on Ramsey St. here) that the people who have preordered Ike will be called. I'm just waiting patiently here... Trying, anyway. xP

I want my Ikeypoo so baaad...

A little tip for those who haven't gotten Marth from Amazon yet:

I noticed the 12.99 price appeared under the "more buying choices" section before it appeared as the main price.

so, keep an eye on more buying choices, rather than the main page.

It's not much, but I hope that helps a little. And hopefully other online retailers will get their stock soon.

It's so weird to see Silver and SilverPegasus both in here

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00N4ABOXU/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Just refresh this page constantly. Check back to my other post for links to Marths on other sites like GS but yea. $12.99 one will always appear at the top of the list, if it exists. That's your best chance.

Also Charizard is up on Wal-Mart.com if you missed him and need him

http://www.walmart.com/ip/44606832?affwt=top&u1=&oid=223073.1&affjs=1&wmlspartner=AKGBlS8SPlM&sourceid=17730211824240415960&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Edited by Sara.

I was skeptical I was actually going to be able to get one for MSRP on Amazon, but I did it: I got a Marth amiibo too! I honestly know this is such an impulse buy since all I wanted out of all the amiibos was Ike, but taking the chance to get a rare amiibo was totally worth it. I'm surprised too- it only took me about an hour of F5'ing today.

I'm thinking I might as well collect all of the Fire Emblem amiibos at least, but I really don't want to wait outside Walmart/GS/whatever store for a fart's chance at getting a Lucina or Robin. :c I really hope these trickling restocks of Marth aren't Nintendo's answer to the amiibo shortage, because while getting Marth was fun, I'm not sure if I would be able to do the same refreshing pages for hours to days for other amiibos. Plus, outside of the reddit community no one really knows that these guys are really being re-released since it's only a few at a time. :(

Edited by SonicSpinner

I know what you mean, I wasn't originally planning on getting as many Amiibo as I currently have either. I originally only wanted Ike, Luigi, Toon Link, and Robin. Then I added Link to that list when it was announced that he unlocks the Spinner in HW. The others just...happened. XD

Especially my Captain Falcon. Impulse buy because he's kinda cool, super rare, and the store I work at wound up with a shipment of him last week! He's still the only rare Amiibo I have that I've actually walked into a store and bought.

My Robin just arrived in the mail today. And I have to say, it's basically the best-looking Robin I've seen anywhere so far! Thanks, Shin!

XPU6Kg.jpg

Q5nmjh.jpg

SogaOV.jpg

NWDYQ6.jpg

YNCiF4.jpg

Ness

Got for 24.99 at Play-Asia w free shipping

Jgu2lf.jpg

7tXv6Z.jpg

gu7FCu.jpg

pnmqna.jpg

Robin/Reflet

Got for 28.99 w free shipping at E-Bay

Just got them in the mail today. They are in strong demand for a reason. Ness is by far your best bet to import it from a Japanese shop like I did with Play-Asia which I've got this amiibo for 24.99 with free shipping! Reflect got for 28.99 at E-bay with a 10 dollars off deal that I've had this time! It was normally 38.99. Anyway, time to give Ness 150 Attack and 20 Def and Robin an all around Balanced deal.

Edited by Pan_Chan

But I maybe-sorta-kinda-might've got the GameStop to hold an Ike in an addition to Marth...

I'm gettin' a bit jelly myself. I want more Marths/Ikes for giveaways here for SF

For the Luigi-Amiibo fans out there

ScornfulMetallicFox.gif